Hells Angels Pattaya

georgegeorgia

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Queensland has become the first jurisdiction in the world to ban the public display of outlaw motorcycle club colours under sweeping organised crime reforms passed by state parliament.

Let's hope all other states follow suit.

And what does that have to do with my post? Or yet another attempt to showcase your google search skills ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BestB said:

And what does that have to do with my post? Or yet another attempt to showcase your google search skills ?

Just keeping you abreast of the current regs on wearing colours, after all that's what your post was about wasn't it, wearing colours in public. Perhaps go back and read what you've written.

11 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Was in Pattaya about a month ago stopping at McDonalds only to find a big parking area at the gas station next door filled with Mongols.  This will not end well.

Must have been quite a spectacle? was Genghis in attendance? ????

jpeg.jpg

Different clubs (outlaw and otherwise) have different rules. For some clubs, the rules are only told to their members and not the general public. A guy I've known for 12 years and was in the same (non-outlaw) club with for 6 years, joined an "outlaw" MC a couple years ago and he's not allowed to discuss their rules with anyone outside the club. It's one of the first things they tell new prospects as well it seems.

There are bars and "clubhouses" for different MCs all over the city. The HA's old place on Soi Khao Noi was shut down awhile ago and (as of a couple weeks ago) appears to still be shuttered. The Bandidos recently painted the "shop house" above one of their bars in their colours. Bars and clubhouse belonging to other MCs are usually a little more "reserved" in appearance. You could drive right by the Asian Nomad/Mad Dog place and not even know it was a "biker" place. The Sharkrider's place on Soi Buakhao is even harder to see if you don't know what to look for.

Many Thai riding and motorcycle clubs (even the non-outlaw ones) dress like "outlaw" bikers because they like the look - and were doing that long before SoA ever came out. (SoA only came out in 2008.) (Yes, there is a difference between a "riding club" and a "motorcycle club" just like there is a difference between a regular MC and an "outlaw" MC.)

However, things are a little different when it comes to MCs in Thailand.

Probably one of the few places in the world where you can go to an event (like Burapa Bike Week or some of the other bike events in the country) and see a couple of rival MCs (like HA and Bandidos) with booths set up barely 100 meters from one another and their respective presidents making courtesy visits to each other's booths.

Most of them don't engage in the same type of activities (on the same scale) as they do in other places for a couple of reasons (one being the "competition" is much larger and considerably better armed). So they aren't as prominent in the news either except when they do get caught now and then. I've seen more news this year about the HA in Canada than I've seen about all the 1% clubs in Thailand combined.
That's not to say that they are all "angels" (of any kind). Just that they tend to be more low key over here. 

And a lot of them ride scooters when they are just out and about in the city. No point in trying to wrestle 300+ kgs of iron through city traffic just to go for coffee somewhere or to hit the local supermarket. I know some guys who only wear their club logos ("colours") when they go on a "club" ride or attend a "club" event and any other time they wear whatever they feel like. Meanwhile, some guys from a different club are always wearing something that has their club logo on it, no matter what they are driving/riding or where they are going.
Again, different rules for different clubs.

Burapa Bike Week will be held on 14-16 February 2019 at the Chaiyapruek Stadium again. I'm told that the "ride" through the city will be on Saturday afternoon (shortly after noon) again. I should be there most of the time (sort of, maybe) so feel free to drop by and say hi. Just say "ThaiVisa" sent you !  :w00t:

542711094_2016-Burapa.jpg.da8ca9cb440bf8c34bca55efd7333cfb.jpg

On 12/9/2018 at 11:10 AM, BestB said:

Did you think “bikie” walk around with a tat on the forehead saying “bikie “?

only the foot soldiers are covered in ink and stupid enough to wear colors, sergeants and above look and dress like an average Joe ????

I thought the average joe in Pattaya are all covered in ink too, so I was lied to? :sad:

I think HA are a criminal gang ..some might wear their uniforms like in the old days..but mostly they keep a low profile not to endanger their multi million dollars drugs and human trafficking venues plus professional money laundering operations. Easy to set foot in a corrupt country like TH see boiler rooms...

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Thorsmen is a Scandinavian "Bikers" club in Pattaya, They all go to the same Bar in Rompo, I drink at the same bar regularly and a nicer bunch of guys would be hard to find.

Probably and they were certainly not out for trouble at the Barupa event - just enjoying the music like me.  The footwear combined with the leathers just amused me.

And  @thaiguzzi - point taken.

1 hour ago, fouryesrs said:

I think HA are a criminal gang ..some might wear their uniforms like in the old days..but mostly they keep a low profile not to endanger their multi million dollars drugs and human trafficking venues plus professional money laundering operations. Easy to set foot in a corrupt country like TH see boiler rooms...

One of the more sensible and real recognition of what's going on with these gangs.  Good to see after 5 pages of petty bickering.  Hells Angels in Pattaya, Finks in Khao Lak, Bandidos in Koh Samui (?) etc.  These guys are not in Thailand for a retirement gig.  Everywhere in the world they are known for their enforcement and illegal activities be it drugs, prostitution, money laundering, protection rackets etc. Police in Australia aren't cracking down on them just because they're misunderstood guys riding big bikes.  They gather huge revenues through illegal activities. They then set up legitimate type businesses "on the fringe" such as tattoo parlours and money lending.

Thailand is probably an easier place to conduct business then some of the Western countries now making life more difficult for them where they are subject to raids on their clubhouses. I am surprised that the Thai police have allowed them to gain such a strong foothold.

24 minutes ago, johnnycthedog said:

One of the more sensible and real recognition of what's going on with these gangs.  Good to see after 5 pages of petty bickering.  Hells Angels in Pattaya, Finks in Khao Lak, Bandidos in Koh Samui (?) etc.  These guys are not in Thailand for a retirement gig.  Everywhere in the world they are known for their enforcement and illegal activities be it drugs, prostitution, money laundering, protection rackets etc. Police in Australia aren't cracking down on them just because they're misunderstood guys riding big bikes.  They gather huge revenues through illegal activities. They then set up legitimate type businesses "on the fringe" such as tattoo parlours and money lending.

Thailand is probably an easier place to conduct business then some of the Western countries now making life more difficult for them where they are subject to raids on their clubhouses. I am surprised that the Thai police have allowed them to gain such a strong foothold.

The only way these clubs could set up shop in Thailand is by paying their way in. No matter how low key the gangsters act here, there are Thai law enforcement/immigration officials who know exactly what is going on. Hell, I'm sure the Australians (and European, and American and Canadian) have been beating the same drum for years about who Thailand is allowing in. Even after well documented and publicized criminal activity here (including convictions) the gates remain open. Money is the only way that Thai officials could turn their heads to this extent because they certainly aren't being protected by Thai law to remain here. So the question is what is the driving force?. Imho it is meth, which has been synonymous with biker income since the 60's. The meth being produced in Myanmar and transported through Thailand represents the biggest cash cow in a very long time. All the rest is window dressing.  

2 hours ago, johnnycthedog said:

Thai police is bought.... boiler rooms pay a million usd in cash every week ..HA and others similar....they receive cover from immigration. and even for murder

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:

However, things are a little different when it comes to MCs in Thailand.

Probably one of the few places in the world where you can go to an event (like Burapa Bike Week or some of the other bike events in the country) and see a couple of rival MCs (like HA and Bandidos) with booths set up barely 100 meters from one another and their respective presidents making courtesy visits to each other's booths.

And Denmark & Skandinavia nowadays.

Learnt their lessons.

Better to get along (in public) than shut down and banned as in Germany.

11 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

You guys just keep believing your cheap pulp fiction paperbacks bought at an airport bookstore and your Discovery Channel Gangland Garbage documentary exposes with false voice overs.

Pathetic.

Not an ounce of intelligence amongst the lot of you.

Carry on believin', Sheeple.

Another "know-it-all" who says nothing, just criticises.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:59 AM, Peterw42 said:

There is a big difference between hells angels and old guys playing dress ups. 

Maybe a few of them are members here on TV lol. Anyone wanna own up as being one of these old guys playing dress ups? lol

On 12/10/2018 at 2:27 PM, georgegeorgia said:

they havent really been keeping a low profile in Pattaya though , last few years murders, bashings etc 

Was it the Hells Angels or another biker gang that before sent it's own thugs from Oz to Pattaya to murder another fellow member or ex-member?

10 minutes ago, usacb500biker said:

Build a club house in PATTAYA Ha Ha Ha.. They will be Deported, don,t make Big Joke Mad...good-Bye  Hells Angels...No more Loud Bikes...heard one too Day.......

All of this happened at the beginning of the year (very old news), I believe that some of them (if not all) were deported at the time.

They already had a clubhouse in Pattaya, the report was that they were building a new one.

Oh, and I believe that the core of them weren't Hells Angels, They were Aussie Outlaws.

Archived