BANGKOK 24 January 2019 11:04
Gonzo the Face

An Annoyance for Me, What About You

In our village they built a new soccer field, with grandstands and bleachers. Used to throw parties - rattle the windows.

Phu Yai Ban had a talk with them - finished before 2359

• Like 1

Recently a thread about BKK Said the bib impounded 50 bikes for noise pollution.

It's a start but will it be just another 24 hour crackdown..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gonzo the Face said:

Especially at 1, 2, in the morning

The Police will all be asleep by then.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

I just recently upgraded to a big ass bass box under my seat and six speakers in the car.

I thought if I cannot beat them, join them but at least play a bit of Frankie instead to daze and confuse them (mind you Linkin Park now sounds so good). 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

Especially at 1, 2, in the morning when they take off from a red light

You live on one of the main roads in and out of town, with bars and restaurants and live music all around.

What do you expect?

• Like 1

Gonzo, free music! Chill out old chap..

As to the mufflers or lack of, it is just “girls gone wild” and cops pleasantly drunk at 1 a.m. I know because farang wife backed into a cops POV at that time and the cop came out of the bar to offer a mai pen rai. He was chill.

you have got to love this country.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They don't always get away with it. The inspection each year may or may not pull the bike if the exhaust is not compliant, probably a 50/50 chance- trouble is, these guys make their money from the testing of the bike AND the fee for processing your vehicle tax and possibly a cut for doing your insurance, so there is very little incentive to fail a vehicle in the first place and if the exhaust is not ear shatteringly loud it will pass whether it has the relevant stamp or not..

The cops will probably pull it if they think they can make some money, want an exhaust or have been instructed to. If the cops get you and it does not have the Thai compliance stamps on it, you get a 1500 Baht fine and then they either smash  the exhaust, or if they have a sense of humour, they make the owner smash it. and you don't get it back (Chiang Mai Area).