Noise, there has to be noise!

fullcave

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Underage kids with no crash hat riding bikes to school or anywhere else should be first on the BiB's agenda don't you think...?  

But the don't disturb any one. If they want to die in accidents, fine with me.

1 hour ago, rocketman777 said:

Asking the wrong question , should be : why does the Thai police not enforce the law  and give these offenders a nose bleed fine

There You have the Answer. Snowflake Law is here too. My generation only thought Police were <deleted>, if we said so we felt pain, so shut the ....up.

20 hours ago, fullcave said:

Does it indicate status, do the girls like it, is it to get some attention, what's up with that?

I believe that is an absolutely correct observation – "the girls like it" – probably why Queen got so much more attention from girls when playing classical-style rhapsody, than a chamber music quartet could ever dream of...????

From personal experience, the more noisy my band played, the more chics were available – so we bought bigger amps, and larger speakers...????

5 hours ago, neeray said:

It's a world-wide phenomena for the youth. When I was young, we only did it on 8 cylinder vehicles which produced a very throaty sound. It was taboo to do it on a 6. But now I hear it on vehicles with 'sewing machine' motors and twice as loud as decades ago but crap sounding. Transam knows what I'm talking about.

Same for motorcycles. They're all big bike wannabes riding noisy little bikes.

Yeah! Glass packs on my 1965 GTO! Straight pipes on my 1968 Chevelle SS stock car!
My Beemer R90S, though, was quiet and smooth as silk.

4 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

The Cartesian 'Cogito ergo sum' is not applicable :Hardly any Cogito going on in the Thai brain. 

So to prove their existence :'I am a nuisance therefore I exist' Or:

I am the loudest therefore I am the biggest. 

And you in your Lycra gear...????

Because they’re simple minded and shallow. Comically large dustbin sized tail pipes on HGVs ,farm tuk tuks and vehicles with no performance potential..... See it in their slapstick comedy shows and hammy soaps infested with children’s cartoon noises.Thick as shit most of them.

They think it improves the power, which it doesn't. 

Similarly, the boy racers with biscuit barrel sized exhausts fitted to their clapped out saloons  think the same . The spoiler they fit on the boot of these front wheel drive cars just shows they have no idea of a spoiler's function.  

Pretty common in most countries as far as the loud exhausts on peoples motorcycles and cars. The trucks and commercial stuff makes no sense to me but maybe that explains why their trucks can barely manage 5 KPH when going uphill, although that could also be the fact that Thai's have no clue what downshifting is.

12 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

This is my number 1 thing than annoys me here.  Seems every day there is some party going on where I live.  I don't mind the loud music, but I HATE the booming base beat. Music from the temple, funerals, house warming parties, weddings, opening shops, kids with music blasting form their pick up trucks parked in the yard etc...

This week there was a house warming party going on 3 villages away.  The base was so loud and going on 3 days from early morning till midnight.  It sounded like a huge festival so I decided to go take a look, see if there was some fair going on or a live band etc.

I followed the noise to find the  house when out cycling one evening and I was astonished that the house was tiny, the speaker was the biggest I even seen... a huge flat square thing nearly the size of the house side wall.... and the best bit was there were only the house owner couple, a child and 2 guests...….for all that noise!!!!

They were sitting right in front of it.  I don't get it at all how they can tolerate the noise, or why they want to sit there without hearing themselves think for 3 days! The yard was only small with no more than 4 tables there, so there must never have been many people.

These things must be a status symbol I guess.  Found it really pathetic and selfish to annoy the neighbours with such loud continuous noise for so long.

Phew, rant over!  

Take it easy mate. At least Thais don't blow their horns like they do in India, Pakistan, Middle East, Africa, Indonesia, Philippines, Latin America and many more places.

I don't give a hoot anymore about their noise...

Take it easy mate. At least Thais don't blow their horns like they do in India, Pakistan, Middle East, Africa, Indonesia, Philippines, Latin America and many more places.
I don't give a hoot anymore about their noise...
You left out Vietnam big cities. Hundreds of thousands of motor bike riders with thumb permanently on the horn.. People in Thailand don't know how good they got it

Maybe they think it’s cool. When I was in HS and a number of years later had loud exhaust. Gives a little better performance.

Then HD had loud exhaust helps people to hear yiu if the don’t see you....  

but yiuve got got to be respectful of area time of night to stay of the gas. 

Archived