Gen Prawit’s expensive wristwatch probe to be wrapped up this month

webfact

Gen Prawit’s expensive wristwatch probe to be wrapped up this month

Prawit-Watch.png

Investigation into the scandal surrounding luxurious wristwatches worn by Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan is expected to be wrapped up and its findings will be sent to the National Anti-Corruption Commission around the end of this month.

NACC secretary-general Worawit Sukboon said Friday that the probe panel had already received from the watch manufacturers information about the expensive wristwatches and their serial numbers.

He expected the probe to be wrapped up within this month and the findings would be submitted to the NACC board for consideration. He insisted that the probe would be completed within the set timeline which was December.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/gen-prawits-expensive-wristwatch-probe-to-be-wrapped-up-this-month/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-12-10

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, webfact said:

He expected the probe to be wrapped up within this month and the findings would be submitted to the NACC board for consideration. He insisted that the probe would be completed within the set timeline which was December.

Oh for God's sake just stop .. 

IMG_20181209_215945.jpg

And if anyone out there thinks that even for one minute anything will come out of this 'findings" i would strongly suggest not to hold your breath, it started with a bang and it will die in a whimper... moving on, nothing to see here folks..

54 minutes ago, mikebell said:

This is a timely report about a minute storm in a teacup.  Most people will applaud its publication at Yule time.  I second that.  You have to hand it to NAAC.

Now let that be an end to these puny puns.

Hang on a second Mike. Many fear the the final report will simply be a wind-up as this case has occurred on the watch of the present NAAC head, a former subordinate of the person investigated. 

Has the person under investigation really been living on borrowed time as he claims? 

Have the NAAC been trying to buy time themselves as it has taken them nearly a year to trace the manufacturers and serial numbers?

It isn't only Benjamin Franklin who says time is money.

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Gen Prawit’s expensive wristwatch probe to be wrapped up this month..."

And then he'll be sent to jail for corruption, right?

Sorry, sometimes I write the most amazing things...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I can buy more expensive looking watches at most corners. That will be the defence.

Sometimes I write the most amazing things

Just to remind readers that each of these Richard Mille watches costs a minimum of around $100,000. That there were many (numbers quoted up to 25) in the possession of the Deputy PM. That zero could be accounted for on a civil servant salary. That the Deputy PM cannot account for the watches in his possession other than made-up stories to date. That the PM has continued to stand by his Deputy.

I think we all know exactly what this report will say. There will be no criminal or corruption charges to answer to and it’ll all be swept under the rug never to be seen or heard of again. This is the reality of the the Thai legal and justice system if you are in a position of power. 

When a crime goes unpunished the world is unbalanced.

08C00772-459C-4CB3-AB53-2007BA499EA3.jpeg

5 hours ago, webfact said:

that the probe panel had already received from the watch manufacturers information about the expensive wristwatches and their serial numbers.

With it being made public that the NACC found that it was satisfied that fatso did nothing wrong as the watches were owned by his dead friend, but could not disclose the watch manufacturers information about the expensive wristwatches and their serial numbers due to privacy reasons.

The above said, if in fact they were owned by his dead friend, they could actually publically provide that information as there is no privacy for deceased people as they are no longer living, so let's see if I am on the money or not.

Archived