iPad Pro cellular problem

jonwilly

The other day my iPad Pro would not connect to net.

On checking ‘Settings’ I find my connection had changed from TRUE to ‘SKY’, baffled as to best of my knowledge we don’t have a SKY service here in Thailand.

I went to my TRUE shop and spoke to the ladies. A second more senior girl was called in and she removed my SIM card checked it worked in her phone then they decided my problem was not TRUE but APPLE.

I went to iCare and big Que so 40 mins later spoke to young girl.

Once again never heard of SKY and she checked over then said will have to send off expect away for 10 days.

She the requested my Apple ID password. Not on me back in my home give me phone number and I will call with password. No must bring, now long trip and as I have passed my 3 score and ten I refused and left very annoyed.

Back in my place I removed my SIM card then refitted and the connection reverted to TRUE.

It has been OK for last 2 days. A friend to whom I spoke checked and says only SKY in Thailand is a system used on aircraft, Thai SKY and he thought I must have picked it up from an overhead aircraft, I am just outside Chiang Mai airport. I have no idea.

John

Archived