French minister asks Trump not to meddle in French affairs

webfact

38 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

Macron came to power on pro-EU ticket. Lots of hi-falutin ideas of rapid and deeper and EU integration - all up in smoke now.

Like some other "progressives", his hypocrisy is out. This article from yesterday's Guardian hits the spot.

Macron is a "progressive"? The guy who wants to slash taxes on the wealthy and lessen workers' rights? 

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Macron is a "progressive"? The guy who wants to slash taxes on the wealthy and lessen workers' rights? 

Yes Macron has often presented himself as a "progressive".  This recent article from Reuters: "Macron seeks progressive coalition for EU parliament by end 2018" might help.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-parliament-france/macron-seeks-progressive-coalition-for-eu-parliament-by-end-2018-idUSKCN1LL2YM

One of the things that Macron has in common with other "progressives" is the arrogant sense of entitlement - the sort of thing displayed by Blair-Brown, and Mr & Mrs Clinton.

In your country it wasn't Trump that won the election, it was Clinton who threw it away, as did Brown-Blair in my country. 

Macron is doing the same thing, alienating huge swathes of "ordinary" apolitical citizens, but like the others he's too arrogant to see it. 

1 minute ago, My Thai Life said:

Yes Macron has often presented himself as a "progressive".  This recent article from Reuters: "Macron seeks progressive coalition for EU parliament by end 2018" might help.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-parliament-france/macron-seeks-progressive-coalition-for-eu-parliament-by-end-2018-idUSKCN1LL2YM

One of the things that Macron has in common with other "progressives" is the arrogant sense of entitlement - the sort of thing displayed by Blair-Brown, and Mr & Mrs Clinton.

In your country it wasn't Trump that won the election, it was Clinton who threw it away, as did Brown-Blair in my country. 

Macron is doing the same thing, alienating huge swathes of "ordinary" apolitical citizens, but like the others he's too arrogant to see it. 

Oh, I see. What makes a politician "progressive" is arrogance. Nothing at all to do with policies. Yours is the cheapest kind of demagoguery. I guess by your criterion JRM is a progressive, too.

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Oh, I see. What makes a politician "progressive" is arrogance. Nothing at all to do with policies. Yours is the cheapest kind of demagoguery. I guess by your criterion JRM is a progressive, too.

I didn't write the Reuters piece, but I suggest you at least read it.

You may also wish to ask yourself why I put the term "progressive" in quotes in my OP.

Archived