PM May should renegotiate Brexit deal if loses vote in parliament: Johnson

webfact

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

First and foremost.

Walk away without any deal on the 29th March and continue with WTO Rules.

Then, once the UK is free from the shackles of the customs union and common market, and on a level playing field with the EU, they can offer the EU a free trade deal that is fair for both sides and meets the criteria set out in the referendum

of what Brexit actually means.

At the same time the UK can also offer free trade deals to the rest of the world, if the EU doesn't like it, then they will be the ones worse off. 

The key point here is a CLEAN  break away from the EU first,

before everything else will take it's course.

Ok, I understand your point.

But is that what the people voted for? As far as I remember the Brexiters didn't tell the people first we will crash and that will really hurt but then, after many years of negotiations, things might get better again. The Brexiters promised something like: It will all be easy because the EU needs us so much more than we need them. We will have all the advantages of being in the EU but we are out. That was what the Brexiters promised and that is what people voted for.

If you think they really want WTO rules then you should support a 2nd referendum with the choices: a) WTO rules, b) May's deal, c) remain. Now people know so much better what to expect let them vote based on their new acquired knowledge.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm no fan of TR/SY-L but what's 'extremely right wing' about him? During yesterdays march all I saw in his audience were several suited-and-booted veterans in cenotaph rig, and several respectable women in their 60s from professional backgrounds inc several who were in wheelchairs.

Ask Nigel Farage. He quit UKIP because they have taken on TR. He's been denied visas for many countries. He's an evil man intent on stirring up trouble.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, steve187 said:

so which party over the years has been responsible for that poor education

Both of them

As you will surely know, education is a big issue for me. We, the UK should do MUCH better and be much more meritocratic 

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

TENS OF THOUSANDS of normal every day people descended on London today to peacefully protest about the Brexit Betrayal. If you ever want to see first hand the LIES of the left then look at the Metro, Guardian and Momentum who today published that only 1500 turned up and then WATCH this video! The MSM and establishment are just so scared! Imagine how many more would have turned up if Farage and co had not been spreading scare stories all week. Thank you to each and every one of you, it was a great atmosphere all day. ❤️#BrexitMeansExit ????Join UKIP and scare them some more! https://join.ukip.org

Yaxley-Lennon, with his convictions for violence and fraud, and his gauleiters are well known for vastly inflating the numbers who attend their rallies and using carefully choreographed and edited videos to support their lying figures.

Anyone who thinks this thug represents the majority of Brexiteers is seriously deluded. Even Farage and Nuttall have disowned UKIP now Batten has accepted Yaxley-Lennon and his cohorts.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine you sit together with your family in your small kitchen. And you all think about your new house. It will be a big house with a big swimming pool, marble everywhere and all the trimmings. There and then you all decide: That's what we all agree, let's do it.

And then, after you get your first quotations, you realize that your dream won't happen. It all sounded good but it was simply unrealistic.

So what do you do now? Hold on to that unrealistic dream? Somehow we will make it, we just have to make a better deal with the construction company?

Or maybe does it make sense to think again about realistic options - even if that dream felt that good.

Nice, but if in your small family more want to follow that idea do you go with the minority or the majority. And in your scenario you make that decision.

In real life you pay people to decide for you and if you don't agree, then you dismiss them and find somebody who WILL do what you want.

In Brexit, the majority who voted voted to leave and the government said, leave it to us and we will get you what you want. Trust us.

Sadly we trusted them and the result is what they want and not what was voted for. And now after more than 2 years of screwing about the PM has conceded to the EU almost everything that they have asked for, ignored the wishes of what was voted for, and says it will be my way or doom and gloom will descend upon the country, there will be plagues of locusts, the country will grind to a standstill, there will be not enough food, not enough medicine, we won't be allowed to fly across the EU, everything will stop.

My response to that is the quote from Oliver Cromwell in another post.

You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is that the way you do your personal business?

Are you succeeding with that?

You pay the final bill when the transaction is complete and not before.

If you buy a car, house or what ever do you pay in advance for everything, or when the deal is signed, sealed and completed?

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You pay the final bill when the transaction is complete and not before.

If you buy a car, house or what ever do you pay in advance for everything, or when the deal is signed, sealed and completed?

I see Brexit as a divorce, the judge usually asks how much you've got.

55 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Please tell me why we should?
Typical quisling nonsense!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Did you follow the negotiation?

If yes then you should know that is your fair part of the bill up to now. This is not a payment for something in the future.

Most of us pay our bills for services or goods which we received already. It's fair and it's the only way to do business in the future.

Who would do business with someone who doesn't pay the bill which he/she agreed already to pay?

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you follow the negotiation?

If yes then you should know that is your fair part of the bill up to now. This is not a payment for something in the future.

Most of us pay our bills for services or goods which we received already. It's fair and it's the only way to do business in the future.

Who would do business with someone who doesn't pay the bill which he/she agreed already to pay?

hang on

if we don't leave do we still have to pay 39b?

37 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Nice, but if in your small family more want to follow that idea do you go with the minority or the majority. And in your scenario you make that decision.

In real life you pay people to decide for you and if you don't agree, then you dismiss them and find somebody who WILL do what you want.

In Brexit, the majority who voted voted to leave and the government said, leave it to us and we will get you what you want. Trust us.

Sadly we trusted them and the result is what they want and not what was voted for. And now after more than 2 years of screwing about the PM has conceded to the EU almost everything that they have asked for, ignored the wishes of what was voted for, and says it will be my way or doom and gloom will descend upon the country, there will be plagues of locusts, the country will grind to a standstill, there will be not enough food, not enough medicine, we won't be allowed to fly across the EU, everything will stop.

My response to that is the quote from Oliver Cromwell in another post.

You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!

Somehow you forget the part that the Brexiters promised cake, cherries and unicorns. The EU does not have them. Nobody will be able to get from the EU what the Brexiters promised. It's not available, not now and not tomorrow or anytime soon. Is that so difficult to understand?

9 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

I agree with you entirely, but it should be pointed out that Britain already has voted to leave the EU.

The Ms May solution is a dud and will be voted down tomorrow. That is when she should leave

the parliament along with her dud deal. Already enough schemers and liars in parliament without having the leader of one party being blatantly caught out.

It should be remembered that she is supposed to represent all of Britain, not just her busines and lobbyist cronies.

Tell us how she is supposed to represent ' all of Britain ' when the country is utterly divided. For all the criticism of Mrs May I have yet to see anybody offer a workable alternative.

20 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

hang on

if we don't leave do we still have to pay 39b?

Just google it. This is what I found in a few seconds:

the largest single item is the UK’s share of the EU’s unpaid bills

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/29/brexit-divorce-bill-how-much-is-it-and-what-is-it-for

And these unpaid bills you would obviously pay one way or the other.

10 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

It should be remembered that she is supposed to represent all of Britain, not just her busines and lobbyist cronies.

That's the problem (for you).

Because she also has to represent the 48% of the population that voted not to leave.

Because, when you add them to all the "factions", all the power, all the influence, all the "interests" that want to stay.....you lose.

Because, collectively, they are the bigger "battalion".

20 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

ah 

so the lady is for turning

Many have been the sleights of hand and distractions over the last couple of years.

Distraction and deception, the art of camouflage.

"For the good of the nation".

Archived