Huawei CFO seeks bail, cites health fears behind bars - court documents

webfact

According to Wikipedia, hypertension is basically high blood pressure (HBP), which has lots effective treatments. Prison inmates get free medical treatment. If she has no drugs in her possession or existing prescriptions for drugs treating HBP, then her claim for "severe hypertension" maybe BS.

Anyone facing multiple 30 year sentences in US prisons has an excellent reason to feel stressed and fear for their psychological health. That BIG black woman in her cell will show her a dark side of prison life.

33 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

According to Wikipedia, hypertension is basically high blood pressure (HBP), which has lots effective treatments. Prison inmates get free medical treatment. If she has no drugs in her possession or existing prescriptions for drugs treating HBP, then her claim for "severe hypertension" maybe BS.

Anyone facing multiple 30 year sentences in US prisons has an excellent reason to feel stressed and fear for their psychological health. That BIG black woman in her cell will show her a dark side of prison life.

I guess you operate under the assumption that it's never a bad idea to post something racist no matter how irrelevant. White collar criminals are typically housed in medium or low security facilities where there isn't much of a threat of violence.

She has offered to put up 2 houses in Vancouver for bail surety. Unfortunately, both houses are in family names, one in her husband's name, Liu Xiaozong. Apparently she has at least 7 known passports, so those houses may not be enough for bail.

Nice houses! One worth CAD$5M the other CAD$16M.

House1.JPG

House2.JPG

3 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Canada is obliged to detain her for extradition hearings with respect to obligations of a treaty, but how we detain her is not an issue.  If she were no flight risk she would be released pending a hearing.   The half-way mark is to release her into house arrest at a local hotel pending hearings.  Huawei I am sure has enough cash to cover the expenses.

imho, I believe they will not grant her bail. I do not believe she would remain in the country even if it was her personal choice to remain and wait for the hearing. And if Canada granted her bail and she absconded, there would always be that niggling doubt that Canada helped her flee, at least in the eyes of American law enforcement and intelligence. I don't believe Canada will put themselves potentially in that position.

20 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

imho, I believe they will not grant her bail. I do not believe she would remain in the country even if it was her personal choice to remain and wait for the hearing. And if Canada granted her bail and she absconded, there would always be that niggling doubt that Canada helped her flee, at least in the eyes of American law enforcement and intelligence. I don't believe Canada will put themselves potentially in that position.

I agree. She has 7 known passports, enormous wealth, and lots of connections, to help her flee extradition and potential prosecution. She has lots of "secrets" about Huawei technology that may be revealed in a deal to avoid lots of jail time. These "secrets" may expose many features about huawei technology and communist party operations, especially Chinese intelligence agency requirements, capabilities and operations.

11 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Strange how the wealthy elite of all countries develop such sudden health issues when faced with the jail conditions they accept as suitable for common thieves. It must be a type of withdrawal symptom when deprived of 5 star service and multiple choice menus.

I can also guarantee you the jail conditions in Canada are far better than those in China.

Archived