Top Democrats say Trump may face impeachment, jail over hush money

webfact

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I tend to doubt he will be impeached. However, there is a significantly growing chance he will be offered a deal, to either be impeached and tried for various felonies, or resign, walk away, and stop embarrassing the US, and destroying the nation. Being the coward he is, he would choose to walk away. That is just who he is. He never faces peril with courage, dignity, or manhood. Just think of the five deferments. Just think of the five bankruptcies. He has no problem walking away from danger, debt, or service to his nation, and expressing his extreme lack of patriotism, and cowardice in the process. 

If the Mueller case is very strong, all his advisers and the GOP leadership will force him to resign rather than to suffer the indignities of impeachment (so long as he goes along). Institutionally, nobody wants to see the office of the President sullied by impeachment (on both sides of the aisle), so there is a lot of inertia for having him resign, including the pardon he will get immediately from Pence. So, yes, justice is not served, and Trump deserves much worse most likely, but realistically removing him from power in this way is the most logical.

As I stated in the poll thread, however, should the Mueller case not be compelling (unlikely I think), then Trump will barrel full speed towards re-election in 2020, both in a legal defensible effort to beat the raps on statute of limitations grounds, and because there might not be any Democrat that emerges strong enough to beat him. I don't think he or his supporters care if he is 74 or 94 years old.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, bristolboy said:

Really? Do you have any knowledge at all of what the Democrats propose? For instance, they ran in this last election on health care. Who do you think the American voters favor on that one? Republicans tried to run on their tax cuts and gave it up because quite rightly most Americans know it was weighted in favor of the wealthy. On most issues Americans favor the democrats over the republicans.

Really? I thought they ran the last presidential election on anti Trumpism. I certainly remember the awful pants suit ( her advisor that recommended that should never work again ) and the women all having a love in, but I don't remember her actually having much of substance to say. Whatever she did say, was just Obama continuation, and middle America did not like Obama.

For the present, don't confuse New York and the liberal eastern states plus California with most Americans in the central states. Also, the last elections were always going to go against Trump, because that's how they always work- protest votes.

8 hours ago, keemapoot said:

If the Mueller case is very strong, all his advisers and the GOP leadership will force him to resign rather than to suffer the indignities of impeachment (so long as he goes along). Institutionally, nobody wants to see the office of the President sullied by impeachment (on both sides of the aisle), so there is a lot of inertia for having him resign, including the pardon he will get immediately from Pence. So, yes, justice is not served, and Trump deserves much worse most likely, but realistically removing him from power in this way is the most logical.

As I stated in the poll thread, however, should the Mueller case not be compelling (unlikely I think), then Trump will barrel full speed towards re-election in 2020, both in a legal defensible effort to beat the raps on statute of limitations grounds, and because there might not be any Democrat that emerges strong enough to beat him. I don't think he or his supporters care if he is 74 or 94 years old.

I seriously doubt that Mueller has anything of substance against Trump. If there were, it would have been leaked long ago.

I'm not sure Trump will want another 4 years of hatred, so he may just give it over to Pence to finish the job.

If I were him, I'd cash out and go live somewhere nice and enjoy whatever is left of my life. Comes a point that one has had enough of the BS, and Washington must be the BS capital of the world.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I seriously doubt that Mueller has anything of substance against Trump. If there were, it would have been leaked long ago.

I'm not sure Trump will want another 4 years of hatred, so he may just give it over to Pence to finish the job.

If I were him, I'd cash out and go live somewhere nice and enjoy whatever is left of my life. Comes a point that one has had enough of the BS, and Washington must be the BS capital of the world.

What has come out--lying about not knowing about the pay-outs to the two women during the campaign, lying about having no financial interests in Russia during his "let's be friends with Russia" campaign while negotiating a major real estate deal with the Russian government, and lying about the Trump Tower meeting--all exceed what got Clinton and Nixon impeached.

I also suspect that the Mueller team's analysis of Trump's finances will reveal much, much more.

I doubt if they will go for impeachment. I think it is more likely that he will be given a choice of resignation, or being tried for his many felonies after he leaves office, and likely spending his few remaining years in prison. Since we all know his temperament, he would choose resignation, over even the tiniest possibility of prison. He would end up being quite popular in prison, one has to presume. That is not the kind of popularity he seeks. 

no president has ever been impeached from office and I doubt Trump will be the first. democrats need something more than just hating trump and opening the boarders. Find a decent leader (god only knows where they can find someone better than Maxine waters and Pocahontas) and start running a decent pre election campaign. 
Are they now renting apartments?

After January when the Dems control the House-  Trump will be impeached but  they are going to need much more than the fact Trump paid off a couple of women.  The key to getting Trump convicted and ousted from the Presidency is that a certain number of Republicans must vote yes as a conviction on impeachment needs 67  Senate votes.

There are  other situations much more serious than  paying off women and lying about it and that is his involvement with the Russians and whether there was any collusion with them that could have swayed the election and then there is the emoluments clause of the Constitution which prohibits a President from enriching himself while  in office.

A.  It is a know fact the Trump has used bankruptcy several times while conducting business and therefore was unable to get any bank loans. However, it is also known that Trump has sold many properties to wealthy Russians who overpaid the market value.  This was done most likely to  generate extra income for his company and it also helped Russians launder their money.  Why hasn't Trump shown his tax returns- simply because his tax returns will show the link to the Russians.

B.   The so called dossier is true and shows Trump in Russia- cavorting with Russian prostitutes and of course filmed by the Russians who have the  tapes which compromises their relationship with Trump.  Normally,  it would be no issue-except the man is now President.

C.  Russian interference in the election process- they obviously were able to hack the Democratic Committee but didn't hack the Republicans.  There were meetings between Russian 'agents' and members of the Trump Team to include Trump's son and son in law.  Trump himself made a statement advocating Juilan Assange and his release of information through Wiki Leaks.  It has also been  stated that Paul Manafort- already convicted- and the one time Trump campaign manager may have met with Assange.  Were the Russians able to hack the voting machines?  We already know they were able to use social media to spread false information about the Dems in the hope Trump would be elected.

D.  Then we have the Obstruction of Justice- Trump lying; manipulating ; suborning perjury and doing everything possible to discredit  the investigation.

ONce the Mueller report become final and public- all the connections will be made and it will be so convincing and devastating that  Trump's Republican support in the Senate will start  to unravel.  The unthinkable will be thinkable because the Repubs will not be able to support a 'criminal' Presidency. The 67 votes needed to convict him will be there and visible.

A Republican team will be assembled and visit Trump and tell him bluntly -resign or be the first President in American history to be impeached and convicted and removed from office. At the same time Mike Pence- the Vice President will have been informed to pardon Trump of all crimes as he will be President. Should Trump try and resist- Pence will tell him- that he has already got the votes to  remove him under the 25th Amendment but there will be no pardon for Trump if he refuses to resign.

Trump-cornered for the first time in his life- will resign the Presidency and  head back to New York City and his penthouse and  America and the World will breathe again.

Truth is on the march and nothing can stop it!!

Trump can't be pardoned by Pence if Trump is convicted by a State court. And NY state is going after him.

And I am Norwegian, and regard current American political antics from both sides as a cornucopia of amusement, distraction maneuvers and general obfuscation.
The world has not seen a Circus like this since the Roman Empire.
You may be less amused when man-child Trump gets another gut feeling to protect American by flying nuclear weaponed bombers over you area of the world. Think he's going to start the next war to prove the size of his ego with Russia or China or Iran on American soil?

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, heybruce said:

What has come out--lying about not knowing about the pay-outs to the two women during the campaign, lying about having no financial interests in Russia during his "let's be friends with Russia" campaign while negotiating a major real estate deal with the Russian government, and lying about the Trump Tower meeting--all exceed what got Clinton and Nixon impeached.

I also suspect that the Mueller team's analysis of Trump's finances will reveal much, much more.

We have vastly different memories then. Far as I recall, Nixon got caught over his men breaking into the Watergate, and Clinton got Kenneth Starr, who thought having some adulterous sex in the oval office was worth getting upset about.

Far as lying goes, if lying were worth expulsion from politics there would be no politicians left.

Far as payouts to some women goes, I couldn't care less. Far as I'm concerned it's just business as usual. Dems do it all the time. I think they even had a slush fund set up to do so.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, heybruce said:

Don't hold out hope for the Mueller team. I fully expect him and all his team to be gone fairly shortly next year. The only reason he even got started was that waste of space Sessions recused himself.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We have vastly different memories then. Far as I recall, Nixon got caught over his men breaking into the Watergate, and Clinton got Kenneth Starr, who thought having some adulterous sex in the oval office was worth getting upset about.

Far as lying goes, if lying were worth expulsion from politics there would be no politicians left.

Far as payouts to some women goes, I couldn't care less. Far as I'm concerned it's just business as usual. Dems do it all the time. I think they even had a slush fund set up to do so.

Wrong about Clinton.  Sex was fine.  Lying was not.    Article I charged that Clinton lied to the grand jury.  Article III charged Clinton with attempting to obstruct justice.

16 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Wrong about Clinton.  Sex was fine.  Lying was not.    Article I charged that Clinton lied to the grand jury.  Article III charged Clinton with attempting to obstruct justice.

Actually, according to the definition of sex Clinton was given, Clinton did not lie. Regardless, it was a witch hunt and the senate rightly rejected it.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually, according to the definition of sex Clinton was given, Clinton did not lie. Regardless, it was a witch hunt and the senate rightly rejected it.

Read the Approved Articles of Impeachment reference Paula Jones.  Half (50%) of the Senate voted to convict on the obstruction of justice charge but 2/3rds was needed.  https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/president-clinton-acquitted

Like all the other "shock" announcements from the Trump haters, this one has receded into nothingness, as I knew it would. Next week it'll be another "this is the end of Trump" announcement from the anti Trumpers, which in it's turn will be superseded by yet another. meanwhile Trump will carry on regardless.

Six more years of it, LOL.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, marcusarelus said:

Read the Approved Articles of Impeachment reference Paula Jones.  Half (50%) of the Senate voted to convict on the obstruction of justice charge but 2/3rds was needed.  https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/president-clinton-acquitted

OK, half the senate rejected it. Happy now?

On 12/23/2018 at 11:51 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Nixon was impeached for the cover-up of the Watergate break-in. 

Clinton was impeached for lying about the BJ. 

Trump has lied about major conflict of interests with Russia during the campaign, campaign finance violations, and about his son's attempted collusion with the Russian government.  Only a devout Trumpie would consider Trump's crimes less serious than Nixon's and Clinton's.

On 12/23/2018 at 11:54 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't hold out hope for the Mueller team. I fully expect him and all his team to be gone fairly shortly next year. The only reason he even got started was that waste of space Sessions recused himself.

The Mueller investigation got started because Trump fired FBI Director Comey when Comey would not pledge loyalty to the President over the law.  Sessions, in the only ethical act I can recall him doing, recused himself because of suspicions of improper Russian links.

On 12/26/2018 at 5:22 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Like all the other "shock" announcements from the Trump haters, this one has receded into nothingness, as I knew it would. Next week it'll be another "this is the end of Trump" announcement from the anti Trumpers, which in it's turn will be superseded by yet another. meanwhile Trump will carry on regardless.

Six more years of it, LOL.

You're dismissing the risk of impeachment before the new House of Representatives is sworn in?  A bit premature, don't you think?

Trump has managed to bury this story with other outrageous acts of incompetence: blindsiding his own administration and allies with the announce of the Syria pull-out, backing out of a budget deal and shutting down the government, threatening the independence of the Federal Reserve, etc.

One can only hope. If he really does keep the government shut down, there is a possibility that enough Republican leaders will join the democrats in calling for impeachment. He is showing many signs of being increasingly unhinged, and unstable. This might be the final straw. He would be a national security risk at that point, and would have to be removed from office. Pence would bring far more stability to the office, and be far less of a threat and an embarrassment to the nation. Not the best of choices. But, far, far better. Justin Bieber would be better. 

Always keep in mind one thing. This man is NOT a patriot. He got five deferments, when it came time to serve his nation, and he has admitted on camera that the bone spurs were a "temporary" thing, and they were minor. A doctor currying favor with the "family" gave him the letter, in exchange for favorable rent in one of their buildings. Does this sound like the definition of patriotism and nobility to you? Trump is a traitor to his nation. Lock him up. 

On 12/23/2018 at 10:35 AM, jerojero said:

Trump can't be pardoned by Pence if Trump is convicted by a State court. And NY state is going after him.

That's actually the one of the most satisfying and exciting things going on right now in this drama!

Archived