BANGKOK 24 January 2019 03:33
SovietChild

Helping my girlfriend to rent villas

Hello Thaivisa forum, I have been in Thailand for a year with tourist visa and for the past month I'v been helping my girlfriend to rent villas. We rent villas through Airbnb and booking.com. My question is how much can I help her and not get in trouble? Can I come to the house and give the keys to  customers or its not allowed for me as a tourist visa holder to help out? 

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

What could go wrong, lol. Living in Thailand on back to back tourist Visa's, illegal Airbnb rentals and working without a permit. Other than those minor things it all appears legit.

Why illegal?

6 minutes ago, SovietChild said:

Why illegal?

Short term rental under 1 month is illegal unless you are a Hotel. I doubt you are doing long term rental as there would be no need to regularly meet and give keys 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Short term rental under 1 month is illegal unless you are a Hotel. I doubt you are doing long term rental as there would be no need to regularly meet and give keys 

Where do you get this information from? And why is Airbnb full of villas? 

Edited by SovietChild
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SovietChild said:

Where do you get this information from? And why is Airbnb full of villas? 

Because Thailand isn't enforcing the laws, but it's still illegal, and if the wrong person has a problem with it you might get into trouble

• Like 1

My neighbor rents his villas daily and weekly and so as many, many people here in Krabi. If you look around on Airbnb, they have thousands and thousands of listings. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, SovietChild said:

My question is how much can I help her and not get in trouble? Can I come to the house and give the keys to  customers or its not allowed for me as a tourist visa holder to help out? 

You cannot ‘help out’ — even giving out keys — without a work permit. To get a work permit you need to have a non immigrant ‘B’ visa and be formally employed by her/a business.

If caught you would probably — at worst — just be fined. You might be told to leave the country. You might (unlikely) be formally deported.

• Like 2