Helping my girlfriend to rent villas

21 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Is that you, damned if I would rent from you, if you showed up with the keys to a place I was renting, I wouldn;t let you in.  Now the jokes are out, plain and simple  -  IT'S ILLEGAL to rent any houses or apartments for less than 30 days in Thailand.  hope that was loud and clear.  Notwithstanding Air BnB advertising "thousands and thousands" of places in Krabi - I am pretty sure that is exagerated but nevertheless, it is illegal.  Guess what  -  Air BnB will not be deported back to the Soviet Union, You Will!!

Well, they have about million of AirBnb postings in Thailand. They should not go after the people, they should go after the app. 

Edited by SovietChild
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, moontang said:

There are signs in BKK condos about prosecution of Airbnb rentals.  Foreigners will always be the first choice to arrest.  I think the daily rental thing is more common at the beaches, but they can nail you on:. No work permit, no hotel license, tax evasion, and failing to notifying Immigration of foreigners staying in your property....and besides that, the Thais are known snitches, and so are other foreigners.

Otherwise, you would have Chinese leasing townhouses, and putting 50 bunkbeds in them...which they have indeed done...no fire protection, no standards on occupancy, ventilation, etc...

Like they do all over Sydney,,

On 12/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, SovietChild said:

What if I marry her?

You also marry her family (parents, grandparents, sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, cousins (once, twice or more times removed) 

and it remains illegal.

Think twice