Do you go to Aussie bars?

georgegeorgia

7 hours ago, owenm said:

Need an Aussie pub that sells Four N 20 pies, dim sims and potato cakes, as well as icy cold beer.. I think I'm asking for too much though..

And Chiko rolls ... yum ,,and dagwood dogs 

there’ a aussie pie shop in Jomtien Complex 

As for cold beer i didnt really find the beer at Walkabout Pub ice cold,it was cold but not ice cold ., the owner seemed to be cold though , especially as the Footy was on the channel and i was told to “ shut it” so he could watch the NSW beat the Queeslanders , i preferred to talk about Trump though.

No he was actually ok, a guy with a mullet type haircut looked like he was from the 80’s.

9 hours ago, StevieAus said:

That I can understand, one of my Aus friends has just had a big battle with that Department to obtain a part retirement pension.

They are insisting that his Thai wife who has never visited Australia and probably never will obtain an Australian Tax File Number as a condition of him receiving the pension.

Work that one out because no one else can !!!!

In hindsight, he should not have told them he had a Thai wife.

The Tax File Number is probably because without it, he can't be classed as receiving a couple's pension. Our bureaucracy does go around in circles sometimes. It's too much to hope they would eventually disappear up their fundamental orifice.

4 hours ago, heybuz said:

bob hope said aussies become more intelligent the more they drink.

Out of natural politeness, we hesitate to let other nationalities know how smart we really are. Alcohol removes inhibitions.

Two incidents in Pattaya come to mind. These were a few years ago when I used to occation bars and gogos.

At a bar, and got into a conversation with an Aussie who liked ACDC. I mentioned that I thought they were English. He was astounded. Each time he said my comment out loud over the next few minutes, he became more and more agitated. I thought he would eventually take a swing at me after a few more pints caught him, so I bounced.

Second was in a gogo in walking street. The one at the end of the soil that didnt go through to theppraya....cant remember the name. Seated next to a drunk aussie, he had a gogo girl on his lap. She got up and left, and he turns to me and says that she she doesn't want to go with him. I said: "So you're the guy who couldn't get laid in Pattaya with a fistful of money."  

Then he gets aggressive. So I bounced.

10 hours ago, soistalker said:

Two incidents in Pattaya come to mind. These were a few years ago when I used to occation bars and gogos.

At a bar, and got into a conversation with an Aussie who liked ACDC. I mentioned that I thought they were English. He was astounded. Each time he said my comment out loud over the next few minutes, he became more and more agitated. I thought he would eventually take a swing at me after a few more pints caught him, so I bounced.

Second was in a gogo in walking street. The one at the end of the soil that didnt go through to theppraya....cant remember the name. Seated next to a drunk aussie, he had a gogo girl on his lap. She got up and left, and he turns to me and says that she she doesn't want to go with him. I said: "So you're the guy who couldn't get laid in Pattaya with a fistful of money."  

Then he gets aggressive. So I bounced.

I dont really find Aussie’s aggressive, i think Kiwi’s ( New Zealanders) are more aggressive 

9 hours ago, Henryford said:

I don't think the theme matters, it's whether it's a good bar or not. The Walkabout is rather inconvenient to get to and no parking. I would avoid any Irish bars now after their atrocious attitude in the Brexit talks.

Isnt there parking next door ? 

Im pretty sure there’s parking there, dont qoute me on it,but im 90% sure there is.

Archived