Nude couple pictured on top of Egyptian pyramid sparks investigation

webfact

Nude couple pictured on top of Egyptian pyramid sparks investigation

By The Thaiger

0e774c976590f138b001b2d31e1cf32a.jpg

“Climbing pyramids is illegal in Egypt, with critics saying the incident shows a disregard for the nation’s laws and its conservative society.”

The question of tourists and their behavior at national monuments and popular sites comes up again today. This time in Egypt…

“A video that shows a foreign couple in a naked embrace at the summit of the Great Khufu Pyramid of Giza is sparking reaction among Egyptians.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/travel/nude-couple-pictured-on-top-of-egyptian-pyramid-sparks-investigation

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-12-10

According to the CNN source article, not only was the video a violation of law, so was the Dane and his friend's climbing on the pyramid. The narcissism of this pair will end up putting in place more restrictions and making other tourists lives more difficult and spoil their vacations. 

Is Egypt a Muslim country? I thought it was secular. Everyone has a right to a little bit of religion but really!!??  Taking pics on top of a pile of stones' come on; where's the harm??

How do they know they climbed the pyramid. There are stairs just for that. You can just walk up the steps.

Sign of the times.

The extreme lengths some people will go to to have their moment of fame on social media is very sad.

Hope their next stop was the airport and a flight out. I doubt if wais get you much credit in an Egyptian cop shop.

Egypt might ask for a lend of Big Joke and his entourage  

they are very good at sniffing out this kind of carnal behaviour.

regards worgeorge      P.S. he would just love the photo op in

front of the Great Pyramid.

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

According to the CNN source article, not only was the video a violation of law, so was the Dane and his friend's climbing on the pyramid. The narcissism of this pair will end up putting in place more restrictions and making other tourists lives more difficult and spoil their vacations. 

The last thing Egypt is going to do is make life more difficult for tourists. Tourism has already plummeted as a source of revenue. 

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Ironic.

Considering that, when those pyramids were built (and for thousands of years afterwards) women in Egypt never wore tops at all !

Never?  There are depictions of entertainers that are topless, and of women mourning with a breast exposed, but as far as I know, all depictions of everyday life show ancient egyptian women with their breasts covered.

25 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Never?  There are depictions of entertainers that are topless, and of women mourning with a breast exposed, but as far as I know, all depictions of everyday life show ancient egyptian women with their breasts covered.

Well I've seen pics of Egyptian women topless. 

Archived