BANGKOK
Captor

Hapatite C, what hospital?

Great news that Ledvir is obtainable from hospitals in Thailand. I did not know that. It is nto registered for sale here, the hospitals must be bringing it in themselves.

Cure rate is something like 95% for genotype 6 with this treatment.

The prior poster's suggestion of an HIV test is valid, as mode of transmission is similar.

No, it isn't. Does nto live long outside the body. Both Hep B and C are more easily transmitted.

Sheryl, yes, the HIV test was negative. I maybe forgot to mention it. The medicine is available in all the BIG government hospitals the doctor said.

Yes that is very good news and great luck for us. As special that the price not was so bad.

Rumak, right! We are very happy right now!

And thanks you all for the fantastic support and help here at TV. You have been great! Especially Sheryl! You are amazing!

We have been speculating in if it maybe can come from pedicure? It has been blood sometimes and if the tools are not clean....? Or what about mosquitos? If the mosquito has taken blood from one person and continues to next? Spreading the blood. Yeah it is not easy to know...

Anyway, we have got for 28 days only and then the doctor want to see her again for check and also about side effect before we get the rest for 3 months intake. So we are on it.

I will update later with the result or if something else new comes up regarding this.

I am having my thoughts if it is correct that also non Thai people can do this if they pay the medicine and the blood test etc.. That is what my gf said she over heard but I want to check in on that again if that really is correct. That can help a lot in the same situation here at TV.

Yes, certainly a non Thai can do this. They will have to pay for everything (doctor visit, labs etc) but those costs are small at a government hospital.

Very good news that this generic drug is now available in govt hospitals, thanks for that info.

Mosquitoes cannot transmit Hep C. 

There is a scarcity of data on transmission via manicure or pedicure but it is theoretically possible. 

It can definitely be transmitted via tattooing (body tattoo,  eyebrow tattoo etc).  A prior sexual partner is also a possible source.

So then she heard correct then. Yes that is very good news for a lot.

I can find out the exactly costs we had to pay for the blood test, Ultrasound and Fibro scan.

The most expensive was the external company who checked the geno type and viral load i remember. That was 5000 THB. The others were about 2-3000 THB each.

Good to know about mosquitos. We almost freaked out when we thought about that🙂

I think tattoo is the likely source. I can be transmitted sexually, but not easily.

I had it for 30 years before I found out I had it and my wife never got it, nor did my son.

• Like 1

Hello again guys,

Here comes a short update and prices so far. In case someone want to do this without buying meds from India or use private hospital or using the 30-bath scheme.

We just went to a government hospital (Rajawithi) and payed the bill due to her liver was not to bad :-).

After almost half the first bottle she has not noticed any side effects at all! Maybe..maybe she has some minor sleeping problem sometimes but that can also be within the normal

behavior. I think most people have lees sleeping quality sometimes.

The costs so fare have been:

Ultrasound 650

Geno test 5000

Blood test 3200

Fibro scan 2080

Ledvir 28 pills (3 x 28 pills is required) 6740

Next visit it will be a new blood test and then we will get a new prescription for the rest of the pills (2 x 28 pills). That is the plan anyway.

And my guess is after the total time there will be one more blood test.

Seems like a good deal. My treatment at Chula lasted six months and the medication costed over US$30K.

Ouch! That is a lot more. I think this will end up in 37-38000 THB. More if the doctor want to take a Fibro scan again. But that is a very reasonable amount.

Why did your treatment last 6 months? I thought 3 months is the normal length? Did it not help the first time? Or did you got older medicine? Not this new one?

Ouch! That is a lot more. I think this will end up in 37-38000 THB. More if the doctor want to take a Fibro scan again. But that is a very reasonable amount.
Why did your treatment last 6 months? I thought 3 months is the normal length? Did it not help the first time? Or did you got older medicine? Not this new one?

This was 6-10 years ago, interferon and riba—-something.

Side effects were a nightmare, still clear though...

A relief that there are new medicines with very moderate side effects. 

Glad to hear you are still OK. I hope that will last too.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, Captor said:

A relief that there are new medicines with very moderate side effects. 

Glad to hear you are still OK. I hope that will last too.

you indeed are very lucky ( and due to your good research and advice ) to get the Ledvir !  Many (millions)

people still do not have access to this very effective and safe drug because of the exorbitant price (USA and many other "first world" countries do not offer the generic.  Its ALL about the MONEY.

Sure your gf will be rid of the virus soon. 

Yes, we can be very lucky. Thank you! Also we are very glad for all your guys here in TV. That help and support is priceless! You know who you are:-)

Yes, it as a shame that everything is about money. One should think when it is about health it should not be that extreme! OK, I understand that companies that comes out with new medicines want there research money back and also profit. But this is ridiculous and shameless. Not only this treatment. Others too I have read.

We hope that the medicine will help. There is always the small possibility that it not help. I am optimistic but cautious. We cross our fingers! But maybe then if it not works, should it be an option to take the medicine 3 more months? For a second chance? I have thought about that outcome too.

Under all circumstances I will keep you at TV updated.