BANGKOK 20 March 2019 02:11
Captor

Hapatite C, what hospital?

Yes, we can be very lucky. Thank you! Also we are very glad for all your guys here in TV. That help and support is priceless! You know who you are:-)

Yes, it as a shame that everything is about money. One should think when it is about health it should not be that extreme! OK, I understand that companies that comes out with new medicines want there research money back and also profit. But this is ridiculous and shameless. Not only this treatment. Others too I have read.

We hope that the medicine will help. There is always the small possibility that it not help. I am optimistic but cautious. We cross our fingers! But maybe then if it not works, should it be an option to take the medicine 3 more months? For a second chance? I have thought about that outcome too.
Under all circumstances I will keep you at TV updated.

Or a different med

Yes, or a different med. I have understood that this geno type 6 not is the most easy one to get rid off.

We have a good feeling about this doctor at Rajawithi. He seems to be very competent and also human and have high moral. So we are in good hands I believe.

If someone want he´s name I can send that in a private message. Maybe you want to to consult him as well. Just let me know.

Edited by Captor

No problem naming him on he thread since it is in a positive context.

Maybe it can be problem for him since he, when working at the private hospital, in the beginning of this topic, suggested us go to the government hospital instead for saving money. Sure it is a long shot but who knows...

Hi, here comes a short update,

During the visit at Rajawithi today my girlfriend ( I did not participate this time) got a new prescription and pills for 2 x 28 more days. Today during a blood sample the doctor confirmed that the medicine is helping for sure. My girlfriend asked for the virus load but that was not to be seen in that blood test they took today. I don´t know how he could judge that the medicine really helps if not check the virus load. Maybe there is some other marker in the blood where he can see that? The virus load will be tested when the whole course is finished.

Also they did not make a new Fibro scan or Ultra sound. But he said that the liver is in better shape now after the first 28 days. And he was positive that it will recover in full during the next phase of the course. Can he see that in the blood too?

Anyway, it was all positive news for us!

My girlfriend also asked if a farang comes in to the hospital and need the same treatment, if that will be at that same price like a Thai citizen that is not using the 30-bath scheme? On that the doctor answered yes.

Hi, here comes a short update,
During the visit at Rajawithi today my girlfriend ( I did not participate this time) got a new prescription and pills for 2 x 28 more days. Today during a blood sample the doctor confirmed that the medicine is helping for sure. My girlfriend asked for the virus load but that was not to be seen in that blood test they took today. I don´t know how he could judge that the medicine really helps if not check the virus load. Maybe there is some other marker in the blood where he can see that? The virus load will be tested when the whole course is finished.

Also they did not make a new Fibro scan or Ultra sound. But he said that the liver is in better shape now after the first 28 days. And he was positive that it will recover in full during the next phase of the course. Can he see that in the blood too?
Anyway, it was all positive news for us!
My girlfriend also asked if a farang comes in to the hospital and need the same treatment, if that will be at that same price like a Thai citizen that is not using the 30-bath scheme? On that the doctor answered yes.
He is likely basing this on the liver enzymes (ALT/AST), a simple inexpensive blood test which shows overall liver function.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

OK, he probably wanted to keep the costs down for us. I guess the virus load in not so important at this moment. Maybe it will be after the whole medicine cure. Thank you very much.