Tempers fray as queues grow long at Krungthai Bank’s ATMs

webfact

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I'm going to say something here that not everyone will agree with. But if you agree with me then that's good. Some of the posts are nothing short of 'rants'.

Why do we not have a 'rant' section, where we can let off some serious steam, and expose the guilty?

What are you ranting about?

14 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

What are you ranting about?

Very droll Gandtee!

Recently we have had a couple of real good rants. The ones about plastic bags and soi dogs, and that super rant about 7-11 by bluesofa.

I've got a couple that I'd like to get off my chest, so to speak, and a 'rant' section would be great.

I know we have 'farang pub' but that is for more serious discussion/debate rather than rants.

The photo shows only 5 or 6 persons waiting, up here in rural Isaan each of the 3 Krungthai Bank ATMs in my town have had dozens forming very long queues on the pavements for the past 3 days - unbelievable and something I have never witnessed before in 18 years of living in Thailand. Very glad I am a Bangkok Bank customer.

9 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I'm going to say something here that not everyone will agree with. But if you agree with me then that's good. Some of the posts are nothing short of 'rants'.

Why do we not have a 'rant' section, where we can let off some serious steam, and expose the guilty?

I like it! Some place on the internet where people can share their rants with the rest of the world. Maybe, we'll give it a name, but "The ranting section" seems too negative and nobody would sign up. Maybe we should call it an "online forum".

What? They have those already!? And Thaivisa.com is one!?!

Well, I'll be...????

I really don't understand some people. Man, you have to be seriously down on your luck when 500 baht makes a difference in your day and you're still too freaking lazy to get it yourself and hire some shmuck to stand in line for you that you perhaps paid 60 baht to, added to the ATM fee, leaving you with maybe 400 baht.

PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Cereal said:

I really don't understand some people. Man, you have to be seriously down on your luck when 500 baht makes a difference in your day and you're still too freaking lazy to get it yourself and hire some shmuck to stand in line for you that you perhaps paid 60 baht to, added to the ATM fee, leaving you with maybe 400 baht.

PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!

I think some people are paying others to stand in line because they have no idea how to use an ATM machine. Got a few Thai relatives in this category. Have you ever been in an ATM queue where the person in front clearly hasn't got a clue what they are doing. Very tiresome.

My rant is about the ill treatment of customers inside Kasikorn bank.  It takes me a minimum of 30 minutes at month end for a simple withdrawal despite lots of staff staff staring intently at computer screens.  The branch is at Tesco Lotus Pattaya.

8 hours ago, SABloke said:

I like it! Some place on the internet where people can share their rants with the rest of the world. Maybe, we'll give it a name, but "The ranting section" seems too negative and nobody would sign up. Maybe we should call it an "online forum".

Slightly wide of the mark there SABloke IMO. But only slightly. Perhaps you need to rethink on this?!

When I get my cup of tea in the morning and I settle down to consider the postings on TVForum, I always go straight to the football forums. After that, I click on 'notifications' and move on from there. Sometimes I go to 'worst joke ever told' and read Scottie's latest offering.

"The ranting section", (could not have named it better, by the way), would probably get my attention quite early on. I'm interested to read what farangs are getting upset about in the LOS.

A few of weeks ago, I got a cart in Tesco that was not fit for purpose. As I put the goods in it almost had a mind of its own. It would not push straight at all. I had to change it. And lose a whole heap of face transferring my shopping from one cart to the other in front of the big-titted check-out girl at number 3 till.

Yet more recently I went to a pond, near Udon Thani, for some fishing, Potentially a lovely pond, with nice aquatic plants and all, but it was almost a rubbish tip. I complained vociferously, but the lady in charge just shrugged her shoulders in a 'take it or leave it way'. So, I went and got a sack from the pick-up and filled it with rubbish (mostly plastic bottles) in front of her, to make a point, and took it away with me. I just refused to fish in a rubbish tip. Instead of fishing, I went to the koi carp pond, in Udon, and spent a few hours watching the carp swim about.

This is the nature of ranting! It deserves its own section. Letting off steam gives an upsetting experience closure, so to speak.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:20 AM, PatOngo said:

So that's how you return happiness to the people, give them 500 baht each.

...and in-turn they will return power to you? So you use the money taxed from those who would vote against you to give to those you hope will vote for you? Seems fair...right?

Archived