Video: Thai man in police station catches snake with his bare hands

Jonathan Fairfield

Video: Thai man in police station catches snake with his bare hands

Screen Shot 2561-12-10 at 12.58.21.png

A remarkable video which showed a Thai man catching a snake with his bare hands after it slithered into a police station has gone viral across social media.

The footage, which was shared to Facebook this weekend, shows the snake attack the man as he sits in the waiting area of a police station.

The man, wearing an orange shirt, can then be seen kicking out at the snake before trapping it under his foot.

He then picks up the snake by its tail and head and walks to show a police officer who walks into the waiting area.

The man then calmly walks towards what looks like the front door of the police station with the snake.

The clip has gone viral on Facebook with the version uploaded by Thairath being watched more than 2 million times and more than 32,000 shares.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-10

1 minute ago, bannork said:

According to a video i saw it's a งูสิง a rat snake, not poisonous.

I have seen a quite big rat snake try to bite a passing motorbike before, so I guessed it could be same snake. It seems if scared they come out quite aggressive. 

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

I have seen a quite big rat snake try to bite a passing motorbike before, so I guessed it could be same snake. It seems if scared they come out quite aggressive. 

Had one in the garage and they do like to have a go

( rat snake ) luckily it couldn't really move fast on the driveway tiles so I beat it to the back door and it went under the gate and out.

Yep ...... definitely a rat snake. Think it's the Indo-China variety that is fairly common here. I was riding my scooter the other day & one came up out of a hole in the road. About that same size as this one, shiny brown, light brownish under belly ....... moved like grease lightening. Non poisonous, but a fast striker & will bite if threatened. Lives on rodents mainly & will eat other snakes given the opportunity. Completely harmless ...... a really beautiful snake. Adults can grow up to 258cm.

13 hours ago, missoura said:

This is somewhat unusual. I thought snakes preferred a cleaner environment...

If you have something to report then there are no other alternatives even if you need to creep all the way....:whistling:

I've caught a few snakes in my yard and some have been venomous. I joined the FaceBook Page called snakes in Changmai because I wanted to know what kind of snakes they are and whether they're truly dangerous.

Contrary to popular belief, all snakes are poisonous. Which is to say if you are bitten there will be a reaction, much a like a wasp or bee sting. Poisonous doesn't equal venomous.

So, I've caught snakes in my yard, take a picture after I've killed the blighter, then send the pic to the FB Changmai gang and read about what a beautiful snake it is and how I was cruel to kill it etc etc.

I got tired of it and now I kill any snake I see in my yard. Or scorpion. Or massive spider. Better them than the infant girl starting to crawl or my puppy. Or me. Or my wife.

15 hours ago, bananafish said:

He reacted well, better than I likely would have, but afterwards still walks like he did in fact shit himself. 

I think the way he walks is caused by the massive size of his balls. If I was in the same situation it would be caused by the massive load in my shorts.

Archived