Video: Thai man in police station catches snake with his bare hands

Jonathan Fairfield

UPDATE:

Viral snake video: Thai media track down man who made citizen's arrest at police station!

2pm.jpg

video screenshot

Thai Rath managed to track down the Thai man dressed in orange that became an internet celebrity after stopping a snake entering a police station with his bare hands. 

The man said that he had come into the station in Phrae on some business and had been waiting a while when the snake slithered by his feet. 

A few stamps stupefied the serpent before the man was able to grab it and show stunned officers at the rural station. 

They turned down his joke offer to turn it into "yam" (spicy salad) for lunch.

The snake - referred to as Ngu Singh - was returned to nature instead. 

Cops explained that it is considered lucky to have a snake enter your house and Thai culture deems that one should not hurt it. 

They bring luck so should be released without harm. 

The hero of the hour - who was not named but was seen by millions catching the snake - said he was surprised and this was the first time that he had even caught a snake. 

"I was not scared," he said, "And I didn't hurt it at all". 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-11

I can't believe the snake crossed the room and struck?  The man did well.   He looked like he knew what to do.  I'm pretty sure if the snake looked ok when released it was not hurt bad.   The man didn't have any weapon but his feet.  He really didn't have time to identify the snake so fast.  Plus any snake bite will be a bad injury , infection and a pita for a week. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Cops explained that it is considered lucky to have a snake enter your house and Thai culture deems that one should not hurt it. 

I honestly wish for all of them highly competent cops to lay down their heads on a pillow with a vicious viper underneath.

I hardly think in that short span of time could the guy identify whether the snake was poisonous or not so my hats off to him for dealing with it in such a calm collected manner and even humorously showing it to the obviously freaked out cop.  It looks like he had a limp as opposed to some saying he looked like he shit in his pants.

I think the average person would have broken the Olympic high jump record when a snake heads straight for you like that.

Archived