Swimming pool extraction pump.

up2you2

My swimming pool holds 67,200 litres, I'm now in the market to purchase a  pump to drain it.
This could be submersible, or one that sits on the sandwash and just sucks the water up.

I would be most interested to hear of any recommendations please, of manufacturers and models that have been reliable, that don't break down.
What I do wish to avoid if possible, is purchasing a problem.

What is of a lesser concern is just how fast it will empty the pool, guarantee/warranty, and the ability to have it repaired / spare parts availability.

Isn't your filter pump set up to be able to pump from main drain to waste?

That should get the level down fairly well, add a decent sized submersible (LuckyPro are cheap, noisy and infinitely reliable) and a flexy discharge from your local pump man and you're good to go (and ready to pump out the house if you ever flood).

The pool experts will be along soon, but be aware of the danger of your pool "floating" on the groundwater and popping out of the ground (not good).

Why do you need to drain it?

45 minutes ago, Crossy said:

That should get the level down fairly well, add a decent sized submersible (LuckyPro are cheap, noisy and infinitely reliable) and a flexy discharge from your local pump man and you're good to go (and ready to pump out the house if you ever flood).

The pool experts will be along soon, but be aware of the danger of your pool "floating" on the groundwater and popping out of the ground (not good).

Thank you.

Yes my pump is set up to drain to waste, but the inlet for the vacuum pump is set at an arm length beneath the surface of the pool.

Looks like I am going to have to regular drain the pool and re-grout the tiles, as the whole pool is moving, with the same fracture crack appearing on the sandwash.
Spent a fortune trying to fix it two years ago, for it to only reappear again now.

Your comment about it floating away however maybe true, as since it has been drained, water is now coming up through some of the cracks in the tiles.

No main drain in the bottom of the pool?

Plugging your vacuum into the port should allow you to get more out, but a submersible is your solution.

That things are moving (and keeping moving) is very worrying. 

Groundwater entering through cracks sounds like a disaster ????

38 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Plugging your vacuum into the port should allow you to get more out, but a submersible is your solution.

That things are moving (and keeping moving) is very worrying. 

Groundwater entering through cracks sounds like a disaster ????

Yes can you believe I went to great lengths to make sure I had one.
Drain from the pool to the connecting roadside drain, it was all there, and can you believe this that when they went to pour the cement they didn't connect the swimming drain pipe!!!
Oh yes, and what beggars even more disbelief, this was a Farang constructor.

My Indian marble steps look great, but this was obviously the installers first attempt at using them for a swimming pool.
Underneath these slabs is concrete, that then meets the tiles, this will now have to hacked out, and replaced with swimming pool grout.

Yes my pool has turned into a disaster, good though for the first ten years, however now with all this subsidence in the ground, you are looking at a moving sieve.
Thoughts of installing a virtual pool inside the current one, has crossed my mind, but it can't touch any of the existing.

22 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

Thoughts of installing a virtual pool inside the current one, has crossed my mind, but it can't touch any of the existing.

There are places that make custom PVC liners to fit an existing pool. No idea if they do in Thailand but it may be a (relatively) low cost alternative to ripping the lot out.

6 hours ago, Bagwain said:

We do a fiberglass "Modular Panel" system that may suit your situation. A pool within a pool. 

Where is the pool?

I will PM you my contact number so we can discuss.

P_20170314_121407 (Medium).jpg

Construction of a Modular Swimming Pool in Remote location on Cambodian River Resort (2) (Medium).jpg

Construction of a Modular Swimming Pool by Splash Pools in Villa Garage (3) (Medium).JPG

Interesting, so vis a vis a traditional concrete construction of a tiled pool, per square metre what is the difference in price?

Secondly if I were to slide/construct your pool inside my current pool, how much space / width all round would I loose?

Lastly how would you be able to incorporate my current steps?

5 hours ago, up2you2 said:

Interesting, so vis a vis a traditional concrete construction of a tiled pool, per square metre what is the difference in price?

Secondly if I were to slide/construct your pool inside my current pool, how much space / width all round would I loose?

Lastly how would you be able to incorporate my current steps?

You have my contact details via PM!

On 12/10/2018 at 3:55 PM, Crossy said:

Yes I found your aforementioned LuckyPro submersible pump with an automatic cut out in HomePro for 2,190 Baht.

Some further observations.
Some of these submersible pumps are extremely heavy, which really does make them quite a different kind of proposition and solution.

It would also be interesting to view a specification and performance guide of these manufacturers and models, of their Litres per Hour / Gallons per Hour, and how much electricity they would use to empty the same size pool.

I came across this review
Best Pool Drainage Sump Pump Reviews 2018- 2019.
in it the Zeny Blue 1/2HP Submersible Clean/Dirty Water Pump 2000 GPH looks very much like the LuckyPro.

Bagwain's modular system works well but it would be the same as buying a whole new pool aside from excavation & pool equipment costs. We have installed PVC liners, as per Crossy's idea, in existing pools & poured new concrete inside old pools. The other option is to strip back all the tiles & apply new.

As for submersible pump I don't have any recommendation but they are always handy to have.

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 5:46 PM, up2you2 said:

Yes can you believe I went to great lengths to make sure I had one.
Drain from the pool to the connecting roadside drain, it was all there, and can you believe this that when they went to pour the cement they didn't connect the swimming drain pipe!!!
Oh yes, and what beggars even more disbelief, this was a Farang constructor.

My Indian marble steps look great, but this was obviously the installers first attempt at using them for a swimming pool.
Underneath these slabs is concrete, that then meets the tiles, this will now have to hacked out, and replaced with swimming pool grout.

Yes my pool has turned into a disaster, good though for the first ten years, however now with all this subsidence in the ground, you are looking at a moving sieve.

Please tell us the farangs name so he doesn't build me a pool. 

22 hours ago, kelboy said:

Please tell us the farangs name so he doesn't build me a pool. 

There is also a high pressure salesman selling fiberglass pools with no main drain all over Thailand.

(has agents selling his shells as well)

Also hooks up the Jacuzzi to the main pump and a valve to switch from one to other!!

This is to cut cost and get the deal based on price!!

Obviously I can't name & shame. But be warned. (Just ask if it has a main drain) if you are inquiring or approached!! 

Archived