Festival of Lights in Chonburi

webfact

Festival of Lights in Chonburi

PNRGN611210001000104.jpg

SATTAHIP, 10th DECEMBER, 2018 (NNT) - The Chonburi Provincial Office of Tourism and Sports is to hold the 6th Festival of Lights on December 15th and 16th. 

At a press conference today, Deputy Governor of Chonburi Thammasak Rattanathanya said that the Festival of Lights, viewing the sacred image, and continuing the line of artistry is organized annually to pay homage to the holy relic enshrined on the breast of Phra Buddha Maha Vajira Uttamobhat Satsada, known as the stone carved Buddha of the Ninth Reign, in Sattahip district, Chonburi province. The 6th Festival of Lights will take place in the ceremonial area in front of the sculpted Buddha. 

The Deputy Governor of Chonburi noted that the event will promote cultural tourism in the province, adding that the festival will feature a light procession in honor of the sculpted image, masked drama performance of Ramayana, cultural shows, and a bazaar.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-12-10

8 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Sounds great! I'll be there.  Where can I get more details? Probably worth staying over for a couple of days.  Is there there any other fun to be had there?

Love the humour herein; Sattahip in lights.  It's a Navy town with hot & cold running dogs everywhere.

12 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Sounds great! I'll be there.  Where can I get more details? Probably worth staying over for a couple of days.  Is there there any other fun to be had there?

Depending on what you mean by "fun"

New Chee Chan golf course opposite.......

The centre of Pattaya only 30 minutes drive away...........

still sounds boring 

And in the past years 

It is only about Thai people drinking and driving 

This will just add up in the traffic list of death toll 

Be careful out there thai people love drinking and driving because Buddha protecting them and of course they are the best drivers in the world 

A friend went there yesterday and informed me that this year it's a very "small" festival, a very "cheap" one. :sad:

Apparently there is only the main stage where the dancers will come tonight, but no decorations all over the park, no field of thousands lights, no fair, no... no... no … :sad:

It's just not worth this year the 20 km trip from Pattaya. Sad.

Archived