BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

May is said to withdraw parliamentary vote on her Brexit deal

5 hours ago, Basil B said:

May was a lukewarm remainer, she has done her best, she gave the job of negotiations to brexiteers.

And look where it has got us...

She needs to put the boot in, take the bull buy the horns, kick the last bastions of brexit out of the cabinet, pack it with remainers, and put it to parliament, cancel article 50 or let the people decide. 

So the democratic vote from the referendum is to be ignored? Theresa the Appeaser needs to be binned should never have been elected, probably would not have been if Gove had not stabbed Boris in the back.Exit on WTO terms and negotiate from there.

Totally disrespected Parliamnent and the democratic process and unilaterally called off the vote to save face. She could almost be a thai......and not one ounce of humility shown. 

She has become an absolute embarrassment and now will go on another tour of Europe to beg for the changes she should of got in the first place. She will then return with her “assurances” which will mean nothing and in the meantime the pound and the economy continue to plummet. 

4 minutes ago, John1012 said:

So the democratic vote from the referendum is to be ignored? Theresa the Appeaser needs to be binned should never have been elected, probably would not have been if Gove had not stabbed Boris in the back.Exit on WTO terms and negotiate from there.

There was no democratic vote. There was a manipulated referendum. 

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You did realise he was saying this to emphasise the extent of shift in public opinion, in making the case for a second vote? 

There is no shift in public opinion for a second referendum.

Interesting to note which of the hardline Brexieers are grasping this opportunity to get rid of Theresa May, take the helm and steer the UK to the glorious Brexit they’ve been so stridently campaigning for.

Their moment has come. - carpe diem!

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You assume a second referendum is needed.

I don't assume anything, brexit still has more twist and turns left in it than a cheap garden hose.

33 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

She has become an absolute embarrassment and now will go on another tour of Europe to beg for the changes she should of got in the first place. 

So someone who still believes that the EU was bluffing about the consequences of Brexit.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I don't assume anything, brexit still has more twist and turns left in it than a cheap garden hose.

We agree on that.

The sharp U-Turn approaching.

UK is becoming a laughing stock, no matter who is in power, the EU have already said that no other deal can be offered. So the fiasco of trying to re-negotiate has no value. I can see a second referendum just around the corner.

I don’t think there will be a referendum. May, the Brexit accomplice, will wait until the last minute to force parliament into a choice between a no deal Brexit and her deal Brexit. As prime minister, it would have been her job to declare the manipulated vote that happened two years ago void and restore democracy by making the manipulators face consequence for their actions. Instead, she is acting as an accomplice for the Brexit gangsters and betraying the people who are were lied to. 

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We agree on that.

The sharp U-Turn approaching.

Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting that Corbyns new moderate Marxist militant free Labour party is the answer. 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

May's strategy is to 'park the bus'.  Due to a loophole I think she could wait until the last days of March to give Parliament a meaningful vote, leaving MP's with the invidious task of voting for her deal or a chaotic exit under 'no deal' scenario.  probably MP's would feel obliged to vote for her deal.

No. MPs could cancel art. 50 letter, leading to best possible out come, ie remain.

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

A vote on the deal isn't the same as a second referendum. It seems quite sensible to me. Two options: the deal proposed, or stay as we are.  Knocks the thing on the head all ways up.

But I certainly wouldn't be leading with May's deal.

I think our Government is so useless- pass a Brexit deal- it couldn't pass wind!

"A vote on the deal isn't the same as a second referendum. It seems quite sensible to me. Two options: the deal proposed, or stay as we are.  Knocks the thing on the head all ways up.

But I certainly wouldn't be leading with May's deal."

I agree, except the options should be: the deal proposed, or leave without a deal.

We've already had a referendum on whether to "stay as we are" (i.e. remain or leave), and the result was to leave.  Edit - Therefore I now think that the question has to be whether the electorate prefers to accept May's 'deal' as leaving, or whether they think it is nothing of the sort and would prefer to genuinely leave.