Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

May is said to withdraw parliamentary vote on her Brexit deal

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

 

We've already had a referendum on whether to "stay as we are" (i.e. remain or leave), and the result was to leave.

A manipulated referendum that should be declared void. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

A manipulated referendum that should be declared void. 

You keep saying that long enough, you might actually start to believe it.

 

But I do find it kind of flattering that you think so much about us Brits that you are single handedly campagning for us to remain, but don't get too dissapointed when we leave will you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

A manipulated referendum that should be declared void. 

Yes, the vote was manipulated towards remain via the endless scare stories from politicians and 'experts' - and yet leave still won!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John1012 said:

So the democratic vote from the referendum is to be ignored? 

 

It does not need to be ignored but two years down the line, and after a lot more information being available, it is a valid question if a vote that was so close is still in line with the public's desires on the whole?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vogie said:

You keep saying that long enough, you might actually start to believe it.

 

But I do find it kind of flattering that you think so much about us Brits that you are single handedly campagning for us to remain, but don't get too dissapointed when we leave will you.

I would not be disappointed. Please leave, without any deal and enjoy the ride.

 

And when the divisions are healed (but not before) you are welcome to rejoin the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vogie said:

There is no shift in public opinion for a second referendum.

In that case, you won't have anything to worry about when it's put back to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

I would not be disappointed. Please leave, without any deal and enjoy the ride.

 

And when the divisions are healed (but not before) you are welcome to rejoin the EU.

Please remember if we leave without a deal you will be in the same boat.

 

And remember there may be no EU to rejoin the way it is going in Europe at the moment, but thank you for your kind words anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes, the vote was manipulated towards remain via the endless scare stories from politicians and 'experts' - and yet leave still won!

Have you ever read The Mail, The Sun, The Express, The Telegraph? The public trust newspapers way more than they do the spin of politicians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

In that case, you won't have anything to worry about when it's put back to them. 

Its not up to me who has a referendum or not. I can only repeat there is evidence that the public don't want one, I think it's a bit of a remainer thing to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Its not up to me who has a referendum or not. I can only repeat there is evidence that the public don't want one, I think it's a bit of a remainer thing to be honest.

I'm seeing a huge increase in people calling for one compared to previously. Members of the public, media commentators and politicians across the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vogie said:

And remember there may be no EU to rejoin the way it is going in Europe at the moment, but thank you for your kind words anyway.

To use your own words:

You keep saying that long enough, you might actually start to believe it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

It does not need to be ignored but two years down the line, and after a lot more information being available, it is a valid question if a vote that was so close is still in line with the public's desires on the whole?

Precisely what genuine information (that we didn't have previously) is known?

 

Presumably you mean that we now know the eu has no intention of negotiating as it knows uk politicians support remain?  But the electorate already knew that the vast majority of politicians and the 'establishment' supported remain before the referendum - and yet the leave vote still won!

 

May has agreed with every stance taken by the eu, and come up with a deal that is leave in name only.  Hence my opinion that another referendum is a very good idea, based on the 2 options mentioned in my previous post.

 

20 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"A vote on the deal isn't the same as a second referendum. It seems quite sensible to me. Two options: the deal proposed, or stay as we are.  Knocks the thing on the head all ways up.

But I certainly wouldn't be leading with May's deal."

 

I agree, except the options should be: the deal proposed, or leave without a deal.

 

We've already had a referendum on whether to "stay as we are" (i.e. remain or leave), and the result was to leave.  Edit - Therefore I now think that the question has to be whether the electorate prefers to accept May's 'deal' as leaving, or whether they think it is nothing of the sort and would prefer to genuinely leave.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a Brit, so no horse in the race, but if you go through my post history you will find that I posted when May became PM that she would do everyting to remain.

 

Just look at the news from the first weeks after she became PM, which her priorities and appointments were, and it will be clear that a brexit was not on the books for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lamyai3 said:

Have you ever read The Mail, The Sun, The Express, The Telegraph? The public trust newspapers way more than they do the spin of politicians.

I've only read the first two when the newspapers were left on a train seat and I was desperate for something, anything (!) to read....

 

I was once offered an Express by a stewardess when boarding a plane and politely declined saying something along the lines of 'rubbish newspaper, can't the airline provide something better?' - The stewardess agreed 😁.

 

When I lived in the uk I used to read the Guardian mostly, the Independent from time to time - admittedly because they mostly agreed with my views..... ☹️

 

After moving to Thailand, I read (via the internet) the Guardian/Independent and Telegraph - but mostly gave up on reading their brexit articles shortly before the brexit referendum, as they were all so obviously biased.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

I'm seeing a huge increase in people calling for one compared to previously. Members of the public, media commentators and politicians across the board. 

I have provided evidence to the contary, can you provide any evidence to substanciate your claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...