Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

May is said to withdraw parliamentary vote on her Brexit deal

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:


"IMO, the only 'deal' that makes any sense if the UK wants to leave the EU, is to remain in the single market, which would resolve the Irish issue, and accept the EU's four freedoms, similar to Norway. "


But, as far as the Brexiteers are concerned, that's not a real Brexit. It's a Brexit in name only.  🙂

However, it meets the referendum ballot options which were to remain or leave the EU. Nothing else for the populace to vote for. No options on the single market, or the customs Union, or the ECJ involvement. But then May managed to get all these extra 'leaving terms' through parliament owing to Brexiteers pressures.

 

And now they're complaining when May has made a deal that meets the people's vote. IMO, the whole Brexit scenarion is the largest folly ever undertaken by any UK government.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its been a farce from the beginning 

now we have May,  Gove ect backing down after saying its a go

people are losing faith in May lack of leadership  time she went 

time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I truly believe there have been many changes and in all directions. This is the biggest decision since WW2. Surely it would be wise to have the public ratify whatever parliament decides.

I agree - as long as the choice is accept May's eventual (.....) deal, or reject the deal and genuinely leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Here's an idea.

 

Secret ballot by parliament followed by ratification by referendum

Why should it be secret?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree - as long as the choice is accept May's eventual (.....) deal, or reject the deal and genuinely leave.

Might need a general election for the latter to happen - Corbyn to become PM and then some 'brexit sanity' could return. DD, you need to come to terms that a no-deal scenario would never be sanctioned by parliament as it would be an economic catastrophe for the UK - according to every financial article published to date. 

 

That Brexit supporters choose to ignore the actuality is sad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shackleton said:

its been a farce from the beginning 

now we have May,  Gove ect backing down after saying its a go

people are losing faith in May lack of leadership  time she went 

time will tell

Quite, I saw the statement in the house and there was little evidence of backing down, only regrouping for the next move.

Kenneth Clarke stood up and said something like how can we deal with other countries if we cannot deal with ourselves, PM declined to comment.

Democracy in name only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Why should it be secret?

Protect the minions from those above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Here's an idea.

 

Secret ballot by parliament followed by ratification by referendum

No ballot, where you are voting on issues germane to the public should ever be secret.  The whole idea would lead to a parliament without answerability to the public of how or why they vote on individual issues.  It would be the antithesis of what parliament is suppose to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Might need a general election for the latter to happen - Corbyn to become PM and then some 'brexit sanity' could return. DD, you need to come to terms that a no-deal scenario would never be sanctioned by parliament as it would be an economic catastrophe for the UK - according to every financial article published to date. 

 

That Brexit supporters choose to ignore the actuality is sad.  

I gave up believing in 'experts' after the run-up to the referendum that was based entirely on 'fear' tactics....

 

They have opinions and forecasts that are in reality, just guesses and biased at that!

 

Those extremely vocal and publicised opinions and forecasts about the immediate result in the event of a leave vote - were very incorrect, as has been admitted by a few of them.....

 

I agree that parliament has no appetite for enforcing a genuine leave - but not because it would be an economic catastrophe - rather because it would reduce their chances of getting extremely well-paid positions within the eu, or as directorships in big business.

 

They are only concerned with their own power and wealth IMO ☹️.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Protect the minions from those above.

I assume you mean ensure the minions never know the way their elected representatives voted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I assume you mean ensure the minions never know the way their elected representatives voted?

Some posts need to be given the contempt they deserve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Here's an idea.

 

Secret ballot by parliament followed by ratification by referendum

I thought you were againgst referendums, which cap have you got on today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vogie said:

You keep saying that long enough, you might actually start to believe it.

Everyone saw your red bus and all the other lies. 

 

Quote

But I do find it kind of flattering that you think so much about us Brits that you are single handedly campagning for us to remain, but don't get too dissapointed when we leave will you.

Where exactly was I “campaigning for [the UK] to remain”? 

 

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes, the vote was manipulated towards remain via the endless scare stories from politicians and 'experts' - and yet leave still won!

Everyone saw your red bus and all the other lies. But nice try. And, yes, you “won” through manipulating the vote. Very impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Here's an idea.

 

Secret ballot by parliament followed by ratification by referendum

Here a better idea Each MP resign forcing a by election stand for re-election as a independent candidate on either A Leave or Remain ticket 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

However, it meets the referendum ballot options which were to remain or leave the EU. Nothing else for the populace to vote for. No options on the single market, or the customs Union, or the ECJ involvement. But then May managed to get all these extra 'leaving terms' through parliament owing to Brexiteers pressures.

 

And now they're complaining when May has made a deal that meets the people's vote. IMO, the whole Brexit scenarion is the largest folly ever undertaken by any UK government.

 

That is really funny....

 

"May made a deal that meets the peoples vote"

 

The vote was to leave the EU. The deal seperates us from the EU in name only. It is a complete whitewash.

 

Please formulate your argument with facts. The deal does not meet the peoples vote at all. The deal offered is basically to remain but with no voting priveleges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...