Harrowing images show painfully thin animals at controversial Thai zoo

snoop1130

Authorities, what are they in Thailand. They are all counting the shares they get from the foid that should be supplied for the animals. Let us all, contact Green Peace and all international animal agencies and send them proof. And all major international press and TV. Stations.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, scorecard said:

And again the question; where are the authorities who are responsible to monitor such places.?

These animals didn't reach this condition overnight, this is months and months of neglect.

Where are the authorities? Especially since since this venue has been criticised and investigated several time before for the same reasons!

Absolutely correct, so much for promoting tourism!

I'd gladly pay to see the owners caged there and starved for a year or so.

These conditions are so prevalent across all attractions using wild animals to make a baht, that it would easier just to write a piece on how all the attractions in Thailand which use animals are starved, abused and isolated.  I'm surprised the elephants don't cry all the time.  Perhaps Chang can help since it values elephants so much.

1 hour ago, 0815 said:

Carry bus loads of Chinese there, let them complain on social medias and it will get better soon...

I dont think that most Chinese care about animal welfare any more than most Thais do. They do eat more strange body parts though, and as a nation are responsible for the near or complete extinction of several species that they consume as "medicine".

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Yes, the little cute crocks need someone to care for them and all the little chickens, grasshoppers, snails, butterflies and the crawling critters, and the flying things, all them cute little things.

"AlQaholism" does this to people

Well now it's not only some Zoo,It's the Whole Countries attitude towards looking after animals.Look at the flea and tick loaded  and mange ridden mongrel dogs and cats and horses. People get killed everyday but nobody cares about the animals .If the people that (suppose to ) own them don't look after them why doesn't the Government get their Act together and exterminate the animals and Jail the so called owners /carers.

This is terrible. Why is it allowed to go on in this day and age.

I would boycott all these ZOO`s.

These poor creatures suffering because of humans.

Elephants `performing` for the stupid tourists gratification.

Don`t they realize the Elephants are beaten by their handlers into doing these `tricks`.

IT`S GOT TO BE STOPPED and NOW !!

13 hours ago, scorecard said:

And again the question; where are the authorities who are responsible to monitor such places.?

These animals didn't reach this condition overnight, this is months and months of neglect.

Where are the authorities? Especially since since this venue has been criticised and investigated several time before for the same reasons!

Out to lunch with the owners no-doubt !!

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Just wanna cry when I see pics like this. Makes me think of my two little dogs back home and wonder what would happen to them if they one day have to live with someone who doesn't care about them. 

If you can't love your fellow little creature you should not be a caretaker to them. Shut them down and find people who would live them and feed them!

Well said. I'll give my well cared for dog a hug from you (she never says no to attention or FOOD).

I am not a fan of zoos or aquariums. Especially those that are private for-profit operations. If you must have zoos they should be state-run so they have enough of a budget to feed and provide proper care of the animals. This owner should be in jail.

3 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Yes, the little cute crocks need someone to care for them and all the little chickens, grasshoppers, snails, butterflies and the crawling critters, and the flying things, all them cute little things.

Your slogan is noted "Confused member". I wish you the best Alqaholic.

17 minutes ago, neeray said:

Well said. I'll give my well cared for dog a hug from you (she never says no to attention or FOOD).

Same here i have 2 (large by Thai dog standards) but both rescued as very sick and malnourished abandoned pups.

5 years on they are neither malnourished or sick.

They adore/demand affection and are incredibly loving, plus because of their size and they do bark when people approach the house ,great guard dogs ,Thais avoid them like the plague

Plus they get a cooked dinner , various menus everyday!!!

Being a qualified Biologist I find these pictures very sad and my sympathy goes to the animals and not to their so called inhumane "carers". What also concerns me is the Crocodile Farm - are they being bred for shoes and bags? I have seen one in Cambodia where coach loads of Chinese packed the shop for such "leather" items - quite disgusting!

5 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Nothing new humans exploiting animals,

Thais,Russians, Chinese are all experts at such caring failure, then add

Spanish for sport,

we are underdeveloped  breed, in many ways,

Fairly bad drought in Australia at the moment. Many of the animals I have seen as a result make these ones looked well nourished.

Farmers come up with two excuses "Cant get much money for them currently" or "Need to keep some breeding stock for when the drought breaks"

Both excuses are to do with profit, and ignore the cruelty.

It is on a mass scale.

25 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

Fairly bad drought in Australia at the moment. Many of the animals I have seen as a result make these ones looked well nourished.

Farmers come up with two excuses "Cant get much money for them currently" or "Need to keep some breeding stock for when the drought breaks"

Both excuses are to do with profit, and ignore the cruelty.

It is on a mass scale.

Perfect nonsense.

Apart from the chronic deflection-have you actually got anything to say about Thai zoos?

7 hours ago, missoura said:

This zoo was the first one I visited in '99 and once was enough. However, I have been dragged back several times with either school functions or overseas guests. In my mind's eye, I can still remember taking the shot of the tiger in 2007. Why? Simply because, I had never seen a skinny tiger except in cartoons. Sorry for the lousy pic but it was my first digital camera.

The second photograph is a typical look at farm animals just down the road from me. Throughout Thailand I have seen skinny herds almost everywhere. I grew up on a dairy farm and know what a healthy cow should look like. As a matter of fact the ChokChai dairy farm is the only place that I have seen a well kept herd. There are bound to be other places, but I ain't see any...

tiger.jpg

cock.JPG

Growing up on a dairy farm would not necessarily tell you what a healthy zebu looked like, just what a healthy dairy cow looks like.  Zebu's have evolved a hump, like a camel, which enables them to survive droughts, they are made to starve like no other cattle breed, it does look cruel but they don't appear to suffer, they bounce right back once fed again, unlike breeds of dairy cows, which would certainly have died months before.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

Skinny elephant at zoo: Officials defend treatment of animals as " public safety"

1pmm.jpg

Picture: Amarin TV

A farm and zoo near Bangkok has defended its treatment of animals. 

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1072579-skinny-elephant-at-zoo-officials-defend-treatment-of-animals-as-public-safety/

You, sir...are the biggest tosser, ever!

You keep an elephant on the brink of starvation, because you might not be able to handle him, in some circumstances?

How about NOT KEEPING AN ELEPHANT then, you total utter idiot!?

But as we see: you can not even keep a horse!

Unless the poor animal is sick, it would not look like that, even if it were a hundred horse years, you prick!

You are an utter disgrace, but I am sure you are rich and connected, so you just paid a few baht under the table, becuase if ANYONE, with a real interest in animal welfare, has a look at your "zoo" (rather a KZ, by the looks of it!) and says. that this is ethical...guess what?!

He is not interested in ethics!

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yeah have to agree Scorecard , totally a miss managed affair that needs to be shut down and the animals removed for their own protection.

Archived