Harrowing images show painfully thin animals at controversial Thai zoo

snoop1130

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Nip said:

Your probably wondering why nobody liked your comment? 

apparently you are more concerned with me , than you are by these images and the fact the Chinese are the worlds leading buyers of exotic animals and their parts.....try posting something worthwhile next time..don't for get to say no to plastic bags ..have a good one

I went to a similar zoo in Chonburi. From memory the animals seemed in good health but the thing that sickened me was how the owners were using the animals for entertainment. Tourists could buy huge chunks of fresh meat on a rope and then dangle them into the tiger and crocodile enclosures from above. There were groups of Chinese and Russians teasing the animals by dangling the meat infront of them and then whipping it away... oh how they laughed! There was also an enclosure where you could shoot air rifles at targets which released food into the enclosure if you scored a direct hit. Nothing to stop people from taking a cheeky shot at the tigers.... absolutely sickening.

And lest not forget poor Bua Noi the gorilla trapped on the 7th floor of Pata mall in Bangkok for the last 30 odd years. That place is grim. The Thai authorities pledged to shut it down after the news went worldwide... instead they decided to do... NOTHING. SHAME ON THAILAND.

The joke is that Thai people see themselves as animal lovers. But they allow this to go on in their backyard.

JOKE.

When we last visited that place about 9 years ago, we already decided not to go there ever again. Not only the ridiculous prices for foreign guests (even expats living in Thailand), but the poor conditions we saw back then were appalling. Elephants forced to stand chained in the burning sun on concrete out of reach of any clean drinking water, tortoises by the hundreds in a too small pond not being fed unless people bought morning glory for them, and underfed animals. We back then reported what we saw to the Thai authorities, with photos, but they told us they couldn't do much about it (or didn't want to) as the zoo is privately owned. It is sad to see that in all these years it only seems to have gotten worse.

Seriously, for this country to claim to be Buddhist is shameful. Even if you see a sick horse in a field you can get nothing done about it because the owner of the animal will lose face for being accused of allowing it to suffer. I despair of anyone in authority caring enough to make real noise about any of this. Even the hiso who poached the endangered black panther this year thumbs his nose at authority, I guess his money talks loud enough:

"A business magnate caught allegedly poaching protected animals including a rare black panther plans to build a road through a forest that is home to a host of threatened wildlife including leopards, tigers, elephants and primates."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-business-premchai-karnasuta-black-panther-poaching-forest-new-road-location-tigers-leopards-a8242136.html

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, Odysseus123 said:

Perfect nonsense.

Apart from the chronic deflection-have you actually got anything to say about Thai zoos?

not nonsense at all. Tens, or hundreds of thousands of animals starving on farms in oz, compared to afew hundred in thai zoos. 

28 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

not nonsense at all. Tens, or hundreds of thousands of animals starving on farms in oz, compared to afew hundred in thai zoos. 

Rubbish-as a deflection tactic this is even more nuttier than the usual nonsensical fare dished up by Thai apologists.

Pull the udder one..

DSCN0612.JPG

DSCN0680.JPG

On 12/11/2018 at 4:27 AM, Ks45672 said:

If the government isn't worried about the world's highest human death toll on the roads i don't think zoo animals have much chance... 

A strange place indeed.

Kill someone with your car and wais and an envelope can get you off.

Run over a soi dog and the whole village wants to kill you.

Archived