BANGKOK 18 February 2019 01:05
sunnyboy2018

Organic food in Pattaya

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Better to ask in the PATTAYA forum.

moved.

Thanks...I tried that but it came out blank. I just assumed there would be a food or health forum combined. Ill try again

Organic is hard to find in Pattaya, and can you trust if the veggies and fruits you buy are really organic, unless it's imported ? 

Good luck and keep us posted if you find something. 

5 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

What is next, where is Santa claus ?!

Sorry I don't understand.  Or are you trying to be amusing at my expense? If so why? Its a valid question. Where do you live in Pattaya? Is there an organic shop near you?

3 hours ago, balo said:

Organic is hard to find in Pattaya, and can you trust if the veggies and fruits you buy are really organic, unless it's imported ? 

Good luck and keep us posted if you find something. 

I found a small organic butchers either on Pattay Nua or Pattaya Klang just yards from the malls but when I looked recently I could not find it.  I may have the business card somewhere. The vegetarian restaurants must get their supplies from somewhere. Years ago I saw shockingly priced organic herbs at the Avenue Supermarket but have not checked recently.

Sorry I don't understand.  Or are you trying to be amusing at my expense? If so why? Its a valid question. Where do you live in Pattaya? Is there an organic shop near you?
His being serious
Of all the things that Pattaya has to offer, organic food would be on the bottom of the list
It's supply and demand. The expat population are not exactly doing yoga and clean living and the Thais could care less about it since all their food is bought in 20 baht plastic bubble bags

you might want to try bangkok

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

His being serious
Of all the things that Pattaya has to offer, organic food would be on the bottom of the list
It's supply and demand. The expat population are not exactly doing yoga and clean living and the Thais could care less about it since all their food is bought in 20 baht plastic bubble bags

you might want to try bangkok

Pattaya is fitness freak city! But I take your point.  But veganism, vegetarianism, organic food consumption is rocketing the west and so it will here eventually. As for the Thais: they might see it as a potential burgeoning market. Just as they have with natural herbal cures and as they are with seeking to control the rights over the medicinal use of medicinal Thai marijuana.

Pattaya is fitness freak city! But I take your point.  But veganism, vegetarianism, organic food consumption is rocketing the west and so it will here eventually. As for the Thais: they might see it as a potential burgeoning market. Just as they have with natural herbal cures and as they are with seeking to control the rights over the medicinal use of medicinal Thai marijuana.
Fitness freak is true but let's let's not confuse steroids with organic lol

Im in Pattaya ATM but live in BKK and gourmet market and other supermarket chains do have organic but it's a different demographic so there is a bigger demand

31 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The vegetarian restaurants must get their supplies from somewhere.

Yes but is it organic ?  

The best vegetarian place in Pattaya is Five Star J in Pattaya Tai, not far from Friendship . 

You might want to ask the owner, a German where he gets his veggies from. I would be surprised if they are organic.

And I would recommend a meal in his restaurant, it's really tasty food, even vegetarians in Bangkok travel here to visit his place .  

https://www.fivestarj.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3628657-Reviews-Five_Star_J_Vegetarian_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Edited by balo

9 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Tesco on Sukhumvit sell organic pork.

There's a few BetterGro shops around Pattaya as well that claim to be organic but I've never tried them.

Would someone explain how the pork became organic? is it because it was fed with organic stuffs? Like?

Would someone explain how the pork became organic? is it because it was fed with organic stuffs? Like?
They drink organic water.

Yes but is it organic ?  
The best vegetarian place in Pattaya is Five Star J in Pattaya Tai, not far from Friendship . 
You might want to ask the owner, a German where he gets his veggies from. I would be surprised if they are organic.
And I would recommend a meal in his restaurant, it's really tasty food, even vegetarians in Bangkok travel here to visit his place .  

https://www.fivestarj.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3628657-Reviews-Five_Star_J_Vegetarian_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Nice will give it a try I'm staying around the corner