MOPH opens floating clinic in Kanchanaburi

webfact

MOPH opens floating clinic in Kanchanaburi

fl.jpg

KANCHANABURI, 11th December 2018 (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) has opened the first floating clinic to deal with marine accidents in Srinakarin Dam, Kanchanaburi province. 

The Public Health Minister, Dr. Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn, visited the first floating clinic in Thailand, which was opened on Saturday as part of the "Srisawat Model". 

The "Srisawat Model" is a joint cooperation among 11 agencies, including the Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Health, the Department of Medical Services, the Department of Health Service Support, the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT), the Royal Thai Police, the Department of Tourism, the Marine Department, the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, the National Institute for Emergency Medicine, the Medical Council of Thailand, and Bangkok Hospital. 

The "Srisawat Model" is an initiative to enhance Thailand’s ability to handle water-related incidents more effectively, making sure assistance and medical services reach those in need in a timely manner. 

The clinic is equipped with medical personnel and life-saving equipment, such as respiratory aids, defibrillators, and medical supplies, enabling it to provide emergency support when needed including transporting patients to nearby hospitals.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-12-11

While I salute the initiative, I sure hope they have something constructive to do for the other 360+ days a year when there are no water related incidents. 

Not to mention the inconvenient fact that it may be much faster to transport someone by road to a land based facility than by water to a facility that may be a 3 hour boat ride away.  That's a long and winding reservoir with a road that runs up the east side.

I'm not against the idea, if they are also going to use the facility to serve the areas that don't have access to health care because of the remote location and economic factors.

On an aside, that's a beautiful area, and easily accessed on a weekend jaunt from BKK.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:07 AM, impulse said:

While I salute the initiative, I sure hope they have something constructive to do for the other 360+ days a year when there are no water related incidents. 

Not to mention the inconvenient fact that it may be much faster to transport someone by road to a land based facility than by water to a facility that may be a 3 hour boat ride away.  That's a long and winding reservoir with a road that runs up the east side.

I'm not against the idea, if they are also going to use the facility to serve the areas that don't have access to health care because of the remote location and economic factors.

On an aside, that's a beautiful area, and easily accessed on a weekend jaunt from BKK.

If the 'facility' is actually in the dam it's a little difficult to get a 'boat' into the Kwai Yai ...

Archived