Tourists "flooding into Pattaya" highlights New Year boom: But where's the evidence?

webfact

Tourists "flooding into Pattaya" highlights New Year boom: But where's the evidence?

4pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

The Pattaya News published an upbeat story that said that with the onset of high season both Thai and foreign tourists and their families were flooding into Pattaya and nearby Jomtien. 

But the media spoke to no one and gave no figures to back up their claims. 

All they had were some pictures of tourists lounging on the sands. 

They said that the deckchair vendors were doing a roaring trade. But, again, they didn't ask any operators for their opinion. 

The influx of tourists pointed to a bonanza at the resort come New Year, they said. 

Source: Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-11

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Facts?  We don't need no stinking facts!  We make crap up as we feel like it. 

Obviously. If facts were involved, the story would take on an entirely different twist. Like why is Pattaya so empty this time of year?

I and my wife was thinking of doing a trip before Xmas down from Khonkaen for a week, But we put it off until after the new year due to high season ????.

Tell the truth and they will come.

There is certainly less spending going on than is the norm. I went to Future Park in Rangsit over the weekend and it is normally full with Thais, you dont get many foreigners there. This weekend it was very, very quiet by comparison.

It looks, but no one will admit it, that there is a recession in operation

As I said last year was cold and dead in December 19th not even close to 6 years ago. Be looking Phuket  and even Phuket is dead. That is why I am going there next week. Tourist won’t come until January snd even plane tickets are incredibly cheap from North America people are just going to Mexico or to Southern Europe or Caribbean Thailand is to far to travel and price difference ends up being more. Worry s our visa and language and uniform grunting immigration officers is not 

welcoming!  

And there are loads of  ticks this year and raining in December??!??? 

On the plus side great internet and 4G 

Goodness me. I guess you have to ignore such utter nonsense. A customer of mine has a 15 bedroom guest house with big restaurant and bar. He has owned it for 18 years and he very clearly said to me at the end of last week that he has NEVER seen such a terrible high season. He has 5 rooms occupied whereas previously he was always fully booked. His restaurant is also pretty empty. That story seems to travel across every business I know, including condo developers who rent and sell condos. I also met with a Chinese businessman who own hotels in Beijing, he told me the Chinese people were very reluctant to come to Pattaya due to many bad news reports of attacks, scams, robberies and recently the tragic boat disaster. Until the authorities stop talking nonsense and recognise that pretending all is well does not solve problems it is going to get worse before it gets better.

The Thai people deserve better then this, I hope they get it after the elections.

Turn back the clock and make Pattaya and its inhabitants attitude more like it was 20 or more years ago then perhaps it would be true.

People came to Pattaya because it was what it was, now however for many just a memory, changed almost beyond recognition.

Well if you actually live here you can see with your own eyes there's more tourists now than a few months ago. 

But without the Indians and Chinese they would be struggling. 

But the retired Germans in Naklua has arrived in big enough numbers that all the bars in Naklua seem to be busy. 

Archived