Tourists "flooding into Pattaya" highlights New Year boom: But where's the evidence?

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm this report supported by hard data:  1. My data are based on observations taken and duly noted NOT in Pattaya itself, but on the outskirts, Sattahip municipality.  Same shit.  I reside, here and have done so on and off for quite a no. of years.  For marital reasons I cannot be exact on period.  2. I reside in what properly could be described as the "boondocks" in todays understanding of the word, but no it is not mountainous, it is a swamp actually, and a residential area with more than 4.000 governmental low cost flats. 3. Obviously you will not find any farang here (apart from me, and me quite like it that way).  4.  Today I observed the first farang ever here in 5-6 years!  5. An escalation from 0 to 1 can safely be described as a "flooding", a "landslide" or what have you.  Not all news are fake news.

2 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

The Brits are not coming and they are not welcome by all accounts. The pound is in full flow like a turd down the sewer. May is making a mess of everything. She has no support and this is reflected in no tourists from the UK. The Chinese were wisely warned off by the several disasters due to a lack of safety standards and absolutely no control over safety especially at sea but in general everywhere in Thailand. 

And with Thailands number 1 world ranking for road deaths which is making headlines who can blame the chinese and others for not coming.

The only thing that is busy is the traffic! I don't know who they are, or where they are going, 'cos the car parks aren't full.

There is a back road down behind the railway line with about twenty white tour buses parked up - they haven't moved for weeks. But still huge numbers, mostly empty, circling round the so-called floating market, and new "attractions" nearby.

In my honest opinion its very quiet this year. I have just returned from my first visit to Terminal 21. We had a look around there were a few tourists browsing not too many buying anything. Anyway looked a movie, about 10 people in there and after some food. Loads of restaurants but all nearly empty. Pattaya is suffering from too many shopping complexes, too many bars and too many gogo's all chasing the same money. Hardly any Brits here, the state of the pound is getting very worrying.

Maybe it will all collapse, and the Beach Road of Olde[emoji39] will rise like a phoenix from the ashes.[emoji41]

In the mean time, they should send enticing hotel offers to the Scandinavian women's nudist communities.[emoji3]
The did it with the hot Russian babes topless committee but put the wrong address on and they are all semi nude on koh larn.. So close but yet so far

The roads seem busy with traffic jams and places like Jomtien Night Markets is rammed as are the baht buses that go there. Soi LKM is busy as is the rest of SB and WS is always busy but mainly with rubberneckers. Around Pratumnak and Jomtien there are more couple pushing kids in Prams than I've ever seen before and I've noticed quite a few adventurous oldies tourists plus some middle aged couples. Parts of Pattaya are very busy and others are not. For some well run bars there is no quiet season. As I live here I hate the busy season and it is already too busy for me. Certain times of night and at weekends its hell and crowded. I just stay in. For Christmas and the new year I will go up country. I have noticed more and more Chinese independent travellers compared to three years ago. I think the government has given VOA status to several new countries for the first time so they will head here. Pattaya is busy but the demographics are changing.  This is an English Language Blog but what about the other blogs such as Arab, Russian and Chinese Language blogs?  What are they saying and how do they perceive Pattaya and what it offers? What do Thai blogs say about Pattaya and how busy or not it is?

5 hours ago, jimn said:

In my honest opinion its very quiet this year. I have just returned from my first visit to Terminal 21. We had a look around there were a few tourists browsing not too many buying anything. Anyway looked a movie, about 10 people in there and after some food. Loads of restaurants but all nearly empty.

Not my impression at all .  I live nearby T21 so I visit almost daily. 

It depends which time of the day you visit , and if it's a weekend. Weekends always been busy , some weekdays maybe quieter than others. Mostly Asians, locals and Chinese/Koreans.  

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The roads seem busy with traffic jams and places like Jomtien Night Markets is rammed as are the baht buses that go there. Soi LKM is busy as is the rest of SB and WS is always busy but mainly with rubberneckers. Around Pratumnak and Jomtien there are more couple pushing kids in Prams than I've ever seen before and I've noticed quite a few adventurous oldies tourists plus some middle aged couples. Parts of Pattaya are very busy and others are not.

Yes I agree, the last week it's been pouring in tourists here . I was expecting a rush before Christmas, but they are already here. 

15 hours ago, Imkah said:

Today I observed the first farang ever here in 5-6 years!

Assuming you mean Keha Na-Jomtien  hello neighbour  ????

you haven't seen me and the other "whities" on the estate ?

there is quite a few now. (admittedly not hundreds)

Archived