Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 February 2019 08:16
webfact

Warning about fancy lights as 10 year old electrocuted in Thailand's north east

Recommended Posts

Warning about fancy lights as 10 year old electrocuted in Thailand's north east

 

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

A ten year old boy out admiring the New Year lights in Nakhon Phanom was lucky to live after being electrocuted on the banks of the Mekong River. 

 

Thai Rath reported that the youngster is recovering in Nakhon Phanom hospital. 

 

The family called on the authorities in the city to check electrical installations such as fancy lights. 

 

Provincial governor Siam Sirimongkhon ordered his minions to carry out inspections. 

 

And he reminded the public not to let their children wander off into restricted areas. 

 

Source: Thai Rath

 
thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping kids safe here is a nightmare walk down any pavement and see a mass of wires and cables at kids height hope the lad recovers and learns a life changing lesson🤔 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Sirimongkhon ordered his minions to carry out inspections

"minions" - flunky, lackey, stooge

Best stay out of the area then.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fullcave said:

Safety first.

I totally agree but how about this I witnessed and photographed in Kanchanaburi:-

image.thumb.png.ea6f7897e1ed57a069983b5ca446209f.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I note in every one of these similar topics. RCDs save lives!

 

I opened this thread with trepidation, "electrocuted" usually means death is involved. At least the little one didn't die, this time.

 

We have loads of these mains powered LED lights, well out of reach except for the tree (which is in the dry), all are on a 10mA RCBO obtained for the purpose. As safe as I can make them in the absence of sensibly priced low-voltage lights.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minions Electricians:

 

Mr Siam S must be employing child labour, in taking advice from his kids!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they paid the victim a couple of hundred baht already ...so its all sorted out !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now lets hope the kid will recover soon so he can enjoy a motobike trip without a helmet.   Accidents waiting to happen, you're lucky if you can live to 40 in this country  . 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These " Party" , "Christmas", "Xmass", "Kareoke" lights are  sold all over the world. 

As ungrounded electrical systems  any  combination  with wet  areas,  inquisitive  children , ignorant  parents, more ignorant officianados who  request  unprotected installations the outcome  is  not a problem with  the product. Stupidity is what  makes lives cheap.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

I totally agree but how about this I witnessed and photographed in Kanchanaburi:-

image.thumb.png.ea6f7897e1ed57a069983b5ca446209f.png

Must be something about Kanchanaburi, where I live, as this is the wiring outside of our local Post Office, which is currently being renovated after a major fire......caused by an electrical fault!

FB_IMG_15445340757711173.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like indoor Xmas LED-lights being used outdoor...😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...