Monday Night Football - tip of the hat AGAIN, wow.

BangrakBob

The calculated demonisation of football players is part of a greater whole. There is a narrative propagated by the right wing press and "stories" are developed to support that narrative.

El Hadj Diouff took more than his fair share of flak during his career and the opportunity to remind everyone that he was a Muslim was never missed by some newspapers.

10 hours ago, champers said:

The calculated demonisation of football players is part of a greater whole. There is a narrative propagated by the right wing press and "stories" are developed to support that narrative.

El Hadj Diouff took more than his fair share of flak during his career and the opportunity to remind everyone that he was a Muslim was never missed by some newspapers.

I do take your general point but lets not forget what a horrid sh*t of an individual El Hadj Diouf was too.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

I do take your general point but lets not forget what a horrid sh*t of an individual El Hadj Diouf was too.

I agree Diouf was no angel. When he was at Bolton the fans adored him nonetheless, me included. 

Some parts of the press made much of his religion when reporting his misdeeds. That doesn't happen in the case of white players.

30 minutes ago, champers said:

I agree Diouf was no angel. When he was at Bolton the fans adored him nonetheless, me included. 

Some parts of the press made much of his religion when reporting his misdeeds. That doesn't happen in the case of white players.

Yeah I was hoping you would have used any other player in the history of football but him, for obvious reasons. I do agree though, using him as a conduit for a negative message. 

But... on this racism row, did anyone hear Adrian Durham on TalkSport? He was basically saying the only reason people call Lukaku lazy is because he is black... that is so much BS. I remember regularly calling Berbatov lazy when he used infruiate. 

TBH though I'd take back a peak Berba instead of Lukaku right now. 

Archived