Chon Buri Immigration Today 11/12/2018 Renew Retirement Visa TM7

4 minutes ago, OZEMADE said:

I was told that this was the last time I could use an Embassy Stat Dec for Income purposes.

They stated I would have to have THB 800,000.00 in a Thai Bank for three months prior to applying to renew my retirement Visa next year. No excuses.

Thanks forr mentioning that, now it's just waiting for the usual deniers from the related threads to come here and read it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Thanks forr mentioning that, now it's just waiting for the usual deniers from the related threads to come here and read it.

No problem mate, I can only pass on what I was told first hand by the Immigration officer that handles renewing retirement visas.

Edited by OZEMADE
  • Like 2

Another Immigration Office  with  their own interpretation of the Immigration  law.  This is not what people have been told at CW or Chaing Mai or  Korat or Mukdahan.   At least they accepted the  Embassy Letter.

Glad you got your extension. Cheers

Based on your report, it would seem that folk need to be prepared to use the 800k in bank method at some point. Think this would be a more simple process in any event. Keep in mind the 800k only has to be in bank 3 months. Then use it to live off next 9 months. Repeat. Not hard. I wonder if some people have included all costs for monthly deposits into Thai bank, with banks poor exchange rates just to name one. Bit more warning would have been nice for some xpats to organize the funds, however its not a huge amount. Not possible to come up with 800k, as I've said many times use an agent. Not huge cost per year.

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

Another Immigration Office  with  their own interpretation of the Immigration  law.  This is not what people have been told at CW or Chaing Mai or  Korat or Mukdahan.   At least they accepted the  Embassy Letter.

Glad you got your extension. Cheers

British, USA, Australian and others Embassys have already notified their patrons that they will NOT be issueing Embassy letters for financial purposes, check out their sites for confirmation. Australia stops on the 7th January and the Australian notice is clearly posted on the wall at the Retirement counter number 8 at the Chon Buri Immigration office. Chon Buri also stated they will not be accepting them and they will only accept THB 800,000.00 in a Thai Bank.

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

I have the required funds in the Us and I have no intention  on bringing 800K into Thailand to sit in a Thai Bank. Unless there is no other choice.  I  can prove  a monthly income above 65K per month with no problem and I am prepared to do that.   The current Police Order states that these funds can be in any bank and that proof of income is required.  One letter from my pension provider should do it backed by a direct deposit statement into my bank.   If Immigration cannot look at 2 added pieces of paper- there is something radically wrong and I have every reason to believe I would be referred to an agent  whom i have no desire to deal with.

I shall wait for the guidance from immigration Central before I make any move and then see what immigration offices decide to comply.

British, USA, Australian and others Embassys have already notified their patrons that they will NOT be issueing Embassy letters for financial purposes, check out their sites for confirmation. Australia stops on the 7th January and the Australian notice is clearly posted on the wall at the Retirement counter number 8 at the Chon Buri Immigration office. Chon Buri also stated they will not be accepting them and they will only accept THB 800,000.00 in a Thai Bank.

I dont like your chances definitely at the Chon Buri office

an update on the 3 Embassys.

AMERICAN EMBASSY

NOTICE: The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to offer a full-day of notary services on Thursday, December 20, 2018. Service will be provided by appointment only. There will be approximately 300 notarial appointments available.
Please visit us here to make an appointment.

Beginning January 1, 2019, U.S. Embassy Bangkok and U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide the income affidavit.
We will not notarize previous versions of the income affidavit. For more information, please refer to our Fact Sheet (PDF 266KB) and Frequently Asked Questions(PDF 419KB). We will continue to notarize income affidavit forms through the end of 2018. Thai Immigration Bureau officials confirmed that they will support early visa renewals for U.S. citizens during the transition period.

British Embassy Announcement

From 1 January 2019, the British Embassy Bangkok will no longer be providing British Nationals with letters confirming their income. This letter has previously served as a supporting document for obtaining a Thai retirement or marriage visa. The British Embassy Bangkok is stopping the certification of income letters because it is unable to fulfil the Thai authorities’ requirements to verify the income of British Nationals.

British Nationals should now demonstrate that they have an amount of at least 800,000 THB in an account in Thailand for no less than three months prior to the visa application, or a monthly income of at least 65,000 THB transferred into an account in Thailand. For marriage visas British Nationals should demonstrate that they have an amount of at least 400,000 THB in an account in Thailand for no less than three months prior to the visa application, or a monthly income of at least 40,000 THB. A bank statement should be used as the supporting document for obtaining a Thai retirement or marriage visa.

All British Nationals concerned should note that the last date for applications is 12 December 2018. Further information

AUSTRALIAN Embassy announcement

Consular Notarial Services Update

As of 7 January, the Embassy will no longer witness statutory declarations that declare income or bank balances for Thai Immigration purposes. (More)

Edited by OZEMADE

saw a lot of people knocked back today in relation to NOT having enough cash in the bank, NOT having the cash in the bank for 3 months and one American even with his letter from the US Embassy knocked back as his money did not tally up and cover his monthly expenses.

Really?.......You stood out side the immigration office and interviewed people as they left to get info on exactly what was going on with them?

Yea right..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Of course Chon Buri will be accepting embassy letters...

The embassy letters are good for 6 months....

They are suppose to be good for 6 months from the date they were stamped at the Embassy. But do Immigration know this. Worth checking out before too late. I got the feeling today that they will only accept them up to end of year, only guessing. Check for yourself.

9 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Of course Chon Buri will be accepting embassy letters...

The embassy letters are good for 6 months....

Yes, they have been. 

But don't act like you really know for sure what will happen in January at Chonburi immigration.

As previously reported, this is what I heard was told by the Jomtien chief there --

Paraphrased so as not to copy.

Office - Jomtien

Start date of change - Jan 1

Change description - Income letters not accepted after that date. Indeed if the letter was issued after Dec. 12 also not accepted.

Showing deposits into either foreign or Thai bank accounts in lieu of letter also not accepted.

Option -- Bank method ONLY. Seasoned for three months.

Believe it? 

I can't say for sure and neither can anyone else UNTIL we get actual relevant reports from JOMTIEN starting next year.

Of course Jomtien is part of the Chonburi immigration office.

10 minutes ago, OZEMADE said:

They are suppose to be good for 6 months from the date they were stamped at the Embassy. But do Immigration know this. Worth checking out before too late. I got the feeling today that they will only accept them up to end of year, only guessing. Check for yourself.

See my post. It would represent a RADICAL change, if true. Yes, in the past and currently the letters have been accepted as old as six months generally at all offices. But things might be changing.

The obvious question which I can't answer is if they will continue to accept the income letters from embassies that will still be issuing them, assuming some most nations as they do now, still do issue them.

Questions, questions.

Edited by Jingthing

16 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

saw a lot of people knocked back today in relation to NOT having enough cash in the bank, NOT having the cash in the bank for 3 months and one American even with his letter from the US Embassy knocked back as his money did not tally up and cover his monthly expenses.

Really?.......You stood out side the immigration office and interviewed people as they left to get info on exactly what was going on with them?

Yea right..... 

In this case, I agree with you. Not covering monthly expenses is not an immigration matter.

Currently there is the bank method, the income method, and the combination method. Reading between the lines perhaps the rejections thus described may have been combination method applications which failed to total the required 800K. That could happen for a number of reasons, probably most commonly exchange rate issues. Or even simpler. it could have been a full income application with the same kind of exchange rate problem. Nothing new with those kinds of problems. 

Edited by Jingthing

23 minutes ago, OZEMADE said:

Extract from Official Order.

Screenshot_20181212-000955_Word.jpg

So wave that official order in the face of an officer enforcing a possibly totally new policy and see how far it gets you.

I'm simply suggesting people need to be aware that something very major MAY be afoot at Chonburi immigration starting next year.

I hope not. I'm not invested in my info being correct. It seemed credible enough to me to share. 

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So wave that official order in the face of an officer enforcing a possibly totally new policy and see how far it gets you.

I'm simply suggesting people need to be aware that something very major MAY be afoot at Chonburi immigration starting next year.

I hope not. I'm not invested in my info being correct. It seemed credible enough to me to share. 

Same as me Jingthing, can only repeat what I saw, heard and asked about. I suppose we will all have to keep fingers crossed and wait until January. Although in another 6 or 12 months things will no doubt change again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OZEMADE said:

British, USA, Australian and others Embassys have already notified their patrons that they will NOT be issueing Embassy letters for financial purposes, check out their sites for confirmation. Australia stops on the 7th January and the Australian notice is clearly posted on the wall at the Retirement counter number 8 at the Chon Buri Immigration office. Chon Buri also stated they will not be accepting them and they will only accept THB 800,000.00 in a Thai Bank.

As far as I know, only 4 Embassies will/have stopped issuing "income letters" so far, but you mention 3 and others. What others beside the Danish Embassy have followed? The OP presented an Australian "income letter", and obviously they won't be accepting what applicants can't get, but what about letters from other embassies? I don't think it's a matter of them not accepting income letters, but not wishing to do an income verification process IF they are not available.

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

As far as I know, only 4 Embassies will/have stopped issuing "income letters" so far, but you mention 3 and others. What others beside the Danish Embassy have followed? The OP presented an Australian "income letter", and obviously they won't be accepting what applicants can't get, but what about letters from other embassies? I don't think it's a matter of them not accepting income letters, but not wishing to do an income verification process IF they are not available.

I bet BOAT LOADS of Russians use the embassy letter...And will keep using the embassy letter...

7 hours ago, Thaidream said:

The current Police Order states that these funds can be in any bank and that proof of income is required.  One letter from my pension provider should do it backed by a direct deposit statement into my bank.   If Immigration cannot look at 2 added pieces of paper- there is something radically wrong

So you have decided what they should do and, if they don't do what you have decided they should do, there is something 'radically wrong'?

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Your embassy may still issue income letters after Dec 31 but the letters may not be acceptable without saying the income was verified by the embassy. Is't this the heart of the issue?

Be prepared to back up your declared income if they accept  embassy letters next 6 months.

Edited by Thailand J
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JLCrab said:

o you have decided what they should do and, if they don't do what you have decided they should do, there is something 'radically wrong'?

I have decided nothing.  There is in effect a Police Order that clearly spells out what the 'evidence' that is needed for a Retirement extension and marriage extension.  there is nothing in that Police Order that indicates 800K in a Thai Bank is the only way of obtaining an extension.

When an individual  Immigration office decides NOT to follow the current Police Order- that is not only wrong- it is against the law but it does obviously occur  It would appear that Jomtien may desire that applicants who have been using the income method switch to the  money in the bank  or otherwise use an agent. Not surprising  as there have been numerous reports regarding that particular office.

There has been no  change in the Police Order or any  change expressed officially from Immigration Central Office. In addition, the US Embassy Outreach program which held an open meeting in Chiang Mai expressed that their contacts with Immigration Central indicated current letters would be accepted for 6 months ; that the income method  could be used with accompanying evidences; and that they would work with  the major Immigration offices to ease the transition.

I seem to remember that Jomtien is on the list of the Us Embassy team to discuss the 'transition' and explain alternate documentation.

As I have mentioned previously- I  shall await the 'official' word and will obtain the Embassy Letter. I have no intention of bringing  my 800K into Thailand unless there is absolutely no choice.  Others, can of course, do as they desire.

• Like 2