Chon Buri Immigration Today 11/12/2018 Renew Retirement Visa TM7

6 hours ago, kimchibob said:

Attended the US Embassy Outreach Program at the Dusit Thani Hotel today in Pattaya. Prior to the program beginning, the Deputy of the American Citizen Services Section provided some remarks on the ongoing issue of income verification. She assured us that Income Affidavit Letters will be honored by Thai Immigration for a period of up to six months after date of issue. Additionally, she announced that they had scheduled a meeting with Jomtien Immigration at 10:30 to discuss the options for income verification after Income Affidavit Letters will no longer be accepted. Somewhat encouraging that the Embassy is at least making an effort to assist its citizens. We shall see what the results are.

Beginning January 1, 2019, the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok and the U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai will no longer provide the income affidavit and will not notarize previous versions of the income affidavit.  

See attachment below.

US Embassy Thailand factsheet-income-affidavit.pdf

Edited by OZEMADE

28 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Has TI said they will not accept certified embassys documation as to an Ozzies income. Yes or no. I rest my case. 

The Australian Embassy will no longer issue stat dec or certify documents in relation to income from the 7 January 2019. But to my knowledge any Stat Dec that was made before or on the 7 January is good for 6 months. After that No TI will not accept them.

3F04B2A9-3EFF-4CD4-9947-BEAD7FDAF3F0.jpeg

As usual the immigration officer saying things that have not come to pass, there still has been no directive from on high as to what immigration will require starting next year. if it is the money in bank only option I will convert to a marriage visa as I will need to tie up less money in the bank. On monday handed all of my paper work to my agent for my extension of stay including bank statements in the US and a Thai bank statement showing a transfer good for 4 months at 65,00 bhat. She didn't think there would be a problem, I will find out tomorrow at 1630. By the way only a 4000 bhat charge for extension of stay and a tm30 up date. yes I know could have done it myself for cheaper but I have done it myself and decided a few years ago no need really and it is cheap enough

Edited by moe666

18 minutes ago, moe666 said:

As usual the immigration officer saying things that have not come to pass, there still has been no directive from on high as to what immigration will require starting next year. if it is the money in bank only option I will convert to a marriage visa as I will need to tie up less money in the bank. On monday handed all of my paper work to my agent for my extension of stay including bank statements in the US and a Thai bank statement showing a transfer good for 4 months at 65,00 bhat. She didn't think there would be a problem, I will find out tomorrow at 1630. By the way only a 4000 bhat charge for extension of stay and a tm30 up date. yes I know could have done it myself for cheaper but I have done it myself and decided a few years ago no need really and it is cheap enough

This is what the US Embassy Bangkok have put out on their website. Obviously they have been talking to Thai Immigration in Bangkok.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=556101

15 hours ago, cleverman said:

The Oz embassy have said they will certify documents that prove income

...said that at a wine and cheese party but not updating the embassy website. Don't count on it.

Could be just Laughing Bird ( meaning the Oz wine) talking.

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

By the way only a 4000 bhat charge for extension of stay and a tm30 up date. yes I know could have done it myself for cheaper but I have done it myself and decided a few years ago no need really and it is cheap enough

Personally I think that is a fair deal, particularly if their office is conveniently located . Obviously this is a legit service (you meet all requirements) and useful indeed. I wasted the whole day yesterday and had 2 long rides on the M/C, and more of the same today to hopefully collect everything. 

5 hours ago, Thailand J said:

...said that at a wine and cheese party but not updating the embassy website. Don't count on it.

Could be just Laughing Bird ( meaning the Oz wine) talking.

Don't talk rubbish. Where have I said I was told that at a wine and cheese part? A bare faced lie. 

12 hours ago, OZEMADE said:

The Australian Embassy will no longer issue stat dec or certify documents in relation to income from the 7 January 2019. But to my knowledge any Stat Dec that was made before or on the 7 January is good for 6 months. After that No TI will not accept them.

3F04B2A9-3EFF-4CD4-9947-BEAD7FDAF3F0.jpeg

If you read the embassy public notice  very carefully, you will see that it says absolutely nothing about certifying documents. We are all trying to sort things out but false reporting gets none of us anywhere. I have the 800000K anyway so if I've got to go that rout, then so be it. 

43 minutes ago, cleverman said:

If you read the embassy public notice  very carefully, you will see that it says absolutely nothing about certifying documents. We are all trying to sort things out but false reporting gets none of us anywhere. I have the 800000K anyway so if I've got to go that rout, then so be it. 

I thought it was quite clear about certification.

Under WHY, It states, Thai Immigration wants us to verify your income or bank balance and we are unable to do this.

So apart from not verifying your signature on a Stat Dec, they are saying they will not certify your documents (print outs) of your bank balance if you produce it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OZEMADE said:

I thought it was quite clear about certification.

Under WHY, It states, Thai Immigration wants us to verify your income or bank balance and we are unable to do this.

So apart from not verifying your signature on a Stat Dec, they are saying they will not certify your documents (print outs) of your bank balance if you produce it.

You assume. Pure supposition. They are saying no more that what they are saying. (Stat decs)

• Confused 1

On 12/12/2018 at 5:59 AM, JLCrab said:

For the Extension via monthly income IMM could ask to see a monthly FTT-type deposit in a pass book "not less than" 65K baht and a signed statement ( as they ask you to sign MANY statements already) that this is money that has not been directly or indirectly transferred to your account in your home country back from your account in Thailand

... and IMM would thus never have to look at ANY source documetn.

Excellent idea!, shows what a little initiative can go a long way.

Can't see why IMM not accept this 65K coming from a Thai bank.  When you do that monthly TT, you can also put in a short description like "Income for 1.12.2018 to 31.12.2018" for good measure, which should be reflected in the Description entry in your Thai bank account.  This should easily give you a head start and where possible make the amount vary between 68K to 75K or more to overwhelm them.  I am really liking this. ????

I used the 800K method and SCB charged me 200b for the letter.  See if your bank can whipped up an official statement showing all these monthly transactions within a date range for say 100b if they don't do it already. 

I hope I don't have to tell you not to make small little withdrawals of 100b a few times a day that ended up in huge stack of paper for the whole year.  IMM might think you are trying to be funny, reject your application and banned you here for 5 years. ????

Edited by farangx

47 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

So, in essence, this means the 65 thousand baht monthly method will no longer be accepted?

This method has never been accepted. :glare:

5 hours ago, farangx said:

Can't see why IMM not accept this 65K coming from a Thai bank.  

Because they have an easy way with "Embassy letters" and have no reason to change for a more complicated one ? :wink:

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

So, in essence, this means the 65 thousand baht monthly method will no longer be accepted?

The only thing certain as of right now is that the granting of alien extension of stay via the "evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month" route is still listed at 2.22(3) in the current Police Order.

8 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

The only thing certain as of right now is that the granting of alien extension of stay via the "evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month" route is still listed at 2.22(3) in the current Police Order.

Of course. The big majority of embassies do not continue to provide "income letter" for nothing. The 65k/month method is still available for anyone who can get his letter, so no reason for TI to remove this option from the Police Order.