what are regular ex problem when stay in same village

Jame1982

my gf and her ex from same village  .    I plan  come stay with my gf  in Februay for 3 month .    the ex keep calling  my gf  and seems like   in thai  when separate not same like europe where ex cannot come house without permission .   in thai  the ex keep coming my gf house try talk her and see her .  my gf do not like but she is sometimes not strong like western lady .  

what are the potential problem from ex if I come stay with my gf in village.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume "the ex" is not really her ex, but they are still together. Probably you give her money, right? Thanks to you the husband can spend the day drinking with his buddies and doesn't have to work.

I recommend to find another girl ????

potential problem: ?? Isn't it obvious - - he gets very jealous and then violent... he will have EVERYONE in his large family and extended family and that he grew up with and went to school with saying to him... "HAVE YOU seen the new boyfriend?" He will hear about you being with his ex constantly - - that is a lot of peer pressure to endure... 

lots of good advice above about not going... but this gives you the perspective of the ex... 

see if you can convince her to stand outside the box - whenever he comes to the door; have her speak towards the x, in English only. It really spins them out when a thai won;t converse back in the other's native tongue!

Mrs was always same problem, that when in the same common language, the thai cannot break away from it

Tried this with her years back at Immigration, after once when she was copping a heap from the old officer who was trying, in Thai , to berate her for using her Ozzie passport to come back into LOS with, and it showed her as Thai born. 

The next time, she only spoke in English, even feighing little, long lost knowledge of her 'old' native tongue 

- result... Thai backs off like an out numbered soi dog would from a brick wall.

If the ex still help her financially (or house is on his name) then he believes that she still belongs to him. 

Beware of loser dogs with big ego especially when they are drunk. 

Some people never listen. You will regret, but at the time it is already too late. 

One time when I was at the village, the nutty ex turned up with 2of his boys on the back of a motorbike, slammed on and the they fell off the back of the bike, haha, that drunk they couldn't get up. He starts walking over so I stood up, I was head and shoulders bigger than him but never underestimate anyone, he might not of been a good fighter but he could of been a good shot, he done a wai and said something that I later found out to be look after my daughter, cheeky rat had never payed a penny to her, he turned and walked off to the main road and started howling like a Banshee!, hysterical.

Came back, picked the buriam massive up who were still staggering round,  got back on the bike and Scarpered, never seen him again.

Keep away from the village ........ don't even consider it! If your girlfriend wishes to go ........ let her. The anger management of Thai's is well known .............. it simply does'nt exist. You could find yourself in a very bad situation. Avoid this potential deadly situation .................. it'll only end up badly. Take care. 

OP, you just got a 100% negative response about your situation from the highly experienced and knowledgeable Thaivisa experts.

If you love life, take their advice. The writing is on the wall !

On 12/11/2018 at 7:27 PM, Jame1982 said:

what are the potential problem from ex if I come stay with my gf in village.

To my experience and knowledge, Thailand is not like many Western countries, where one can have an excellent relationship with an ex.

I don't know if it's general, but jalousi seem to often being a problem in Thai-Thai relationships, at least from what can be read in the news, and also from what I hear. I normally hear the advise that one should never enter into any relationship with a Thai, without all the Thai's previous Thai-Thai relationship(s) has been completely finished. I often hear Thai girls giving that advise to other Thai girls, when they wish to look for a farang-boyfriend.

You'll probably be better off staying away from your girlfriend's village as much as possible, and keep any visits short, like one day only to meet family, but sleep somewhere else – could be in a hotel in a nearby city, if it has to be close to her village – until an ex has completely vanished for your girlfriend's life.

A worst case scenario could be – speculation only here, but also experience – that your girlfriend still has some level of relationship with the ex.

15 minutes ago, khunPer said:

To my experience and knowledge, Thailand is not like many Western countries, where one can have an excellent relationship with an ex.

The opposite of my experience,

In the west the former wife hated me forever and would call the police regularly, saying I was stalking her.

In Thailand the former wife comes round to see our kid, and often ends up staying for sex.

Same Guy, same subject, different post  -  don't feed the ????  Poster, she's not your girlfriend,if she is, as you think she is, find another village.

He can cut your head off and feed your body to the Pigs and never see the inside of a jail cell -  Thai's take crimes of the heart very seriously in favor of the "EX-BF"   Wake up, they are not "EX" anything.

Archived