After delaying Brexit vote, May looks set to face leadership challenge

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Jip99 said:

You can't paint on a blank canvas without any paints.

I accept my own naivety in believing that the EU would actually co-operate in helping to create an exit that would maximise the benefit s for all countries post Brexit.

Hogwash.

Remain made very clear arguments regarding the weakness of the U.K. in negotiations with the EU and why the EU would play hardball.

From the outset the EU were very clear in their position, no deal is as good as membership.

If you swallowed the Leave arguments regarding ‘British exceptionalism’ and how much the EU needs the UK, more fool you.

58 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hogwash.

Remain made very clear arguments regarding the weakness of the U.K. in negotiations with the EU and why the EU would play hardball.

From the outset the EU were very clear in their position, no deal is as good as membership.

If you swallowed the Leave arguments regarding ‘British exceptionalism’ and how much the EU needs the UK, more fool you.

Your comprehension skills are appalling....................... I didn't swallow any arguments.... I pretty much ignored BS from either side.

15 hours ago, Jip99 said:

You can't paint on a blank canvas without any paints.

I accept my own naivety in believing that the EU would actually co-operate in helping to create an exit that would maximise the benefit s for all countries post Brexit.

As “all countries” mainly contains EU countries (27 vs 1), “maximizing the benefit s for all countries post Brexit” necessarily means to maximize the benefits for the 27. And that’s also the only mandate the EU has. For that, the EU has done a great job and co-operated quite well to “maximize the benefits for all countries”.

17 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

As “all countries” mainly contains EU countries (27 vs 1), “maximizing the benefit s for all countries post Brexit” necessarily means to maximize the benefits for the 27. And that’s also the only mandate the EU has. For that, the EU has done a great job and co-operated quite well to “maximize the benefits for all countries”.

Apparently there is 10% of the British people, who still think they are the chosen people, supreme leaders, who should be treated as kings by others. 

EU works for all of us, not just for the chosen people, who decided to leave the club. 

I guess it must hurt when the reality bites back at brexitters. 

Archived