Not again! Drunk farang filmed abusing bar staff in Udon Thani

webfact

19 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Yes i aam an Aussie and lived in Queensland as well as most other states .

This should be a good wager!! Two Aussies , one saying it’s not and one saying it is.  This should be easy to prove with a TVF detective.  I was sure it was one of those atrocious accents from somewhere in England. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One Facebook user wrote:  “Sometimes when I see this kind of behavior I am ashamed to be a farang in Udonthani. This man kills the good reputation of farangs in a couple of seconds”.

theirs people like this all over the world thais, blacks and white

i think we all feel the same as the person above feels. just one rotten apple, Thailand seems to be full of them.

11 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

This should be a good wager!! Two Aussies , one saying it’s not and one saying it is.  This should be easy to prove with a TVF detective.  I was sure it was one of those atrocious accents from somewhere in England. 

didnt sound English to me but he was pisxed

Lots of good law abiding, good manner, kind Farangs in Thailand are being too sensitive. Thailand has so many Farangs living there, working there and also those visiting you should expect these kinds of bad behavior. If all Farangs (thousands and thousands of them) behave well not causing any trouble for the Thais then something is wrong somewhere, either the news is not correct or it has been manipulated. Am I right?

Why are you not expecting Farangs to behave badly ? That is more correct thinking than thinking bad Farangs are giving you a bad name. That given a large enough number of Farangs there will be a certain number of them doing bad things that's how things work in this God forsaken world.

Good Farangs shouldn't care a damn what other bad Farangs are doing. Why should you care what Thais are thinking about Farangs. You are you. You are only responsible for yourself. If Thais think you are also a representative of bad Farangs then those Thais who think like that are not very clever Thais. Because that's wrong thinking.

Everything boils down to numbers. Can someone quote me the number of Farangs in Thailand. I think those living and working in Bangkok alone comes to almost 1 million? Someone out there knows the figure.

A good Farang drinks his coffee in the morning and smiles because he knows there will be a few bad shitty farangs out there somewhere. He is not ashamed because he knows.

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

one drunk farang and its national news, never see much about drunk Thais do we, (which i see most days,) still that would not be newsworthy would it, get over it

National farang news, you do realise that this is hitting the TV headlines not the national ones, right?

I really don't think it is fair to post things like this, he is drunk in the day time and is not saying the right things, he is not without guilt, however we do not know what happened before she began filming, we do not know what set him off, we do now know how she behaved, so it is unfair as it only gives her side of the story.

Its Just a fact that some people cant handle their grog and make one big fools of them selves regardless.

They really need to grow up and act their age and if they cant handle their grog don't drink or better still nick off back to where they come from and cause a drunken seen there.

This is the kind of BS that we don’t need that gives all foreigners living here a bad reputation.  This spreads bad will.  I think when people go out and act stupid like this the embassies should have an arrangement with the local authorities to deport people like this and force them to pay for the travel expenses.  In the United States our treasury department has the Treasury Offset Program which is the government’s way of force collecting debts owed to the government.  They could deport <deleted> like this and then collect the debt out of their taxes after they deal with any potential local court cases of course that may have resulted from the incident.  This kind of stuff could possibly make some Thai Embassy staff and Thai Immigration staff reluctant to help the rest of stay here those of us who are actually law abiding citizens.  I always cringe when I hear about foreigners coming over here and acting stupid or causing trouble especially if the victim is a local national as in this case.  

A bloke in a bar got drunk, then got pissed off about something. Who would have thought that could happen.

But why do people have to video all this BS then put it on FB, if it isn't bad enough with all the other rubbish on FB.

Sticking a camera in his face is not going to help the situation. Unless of course you are looking for some FB material.

8 minutes ago, geoff65 said:

Its Just a fact that some people cant handle their grog and make one big fools of them selves regardless.

They really need to grow up and act their age and if they cant handle their grog don't drink or better still nick off back to where they come from and cause a drunken seen there.

Or even "scene there"!

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Bulger said:

This is the kind of BS that we don’t need that gives all foreigners living here a bad reputation.  This spreads bad will.  I think when people go out and act stupid like this the embassies should have an arrangement with the local authorities to deport people like this and force them to pay for the travel expenses.  In the United States our treasury department has the Treasury Offset Program which is the government’s way of force collecting debts owed to the government.  They could deport <deleted> like this and then collect the debt out of their taxes after they deal with any potential local court cases of course that may have resulted from the incident.  This kind of stuff could possibly make some Thai Embassy staff and Thai Immigration staff reluctant to help the rest of stay here those of us who are actually law abiding citizens.  I always cringe when I hear about foreigners coming over here and acting stupid or causing trouble especially if the victim is a local national as in this case.  

I'm not so sure... Fortunately the majority of Thai's are astute enough to judge us based on merit and as a foreigner in Thailand I receive either the same general indifference afforded to other Thai's or more favorable treatment afforded to someone who is generally polite and smiling... 

Unfortunately, someone cannot be deported for 'swearing' and acting like a drunk tit.. but it would be nice to be able to go out and know we'll not have to run into tools such as this. 

Archived