Not again! Drunk farang filmed abusing bar staff in Udon Thani

webfact

19 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Is it not the same place where the English nutter was? I think this is a bit odd and there is not any confrontation there just a guy a bit worse for wear who like many would object to being filmed like this.  

Sure it is. 

A "High-Class-Entertainment-Venue" with "Friendly-Smiling-Nice-Talking-Staff"!

Always prepared to shoot a video for the next "Amazing Thailand Campaign".

Frustration about a low revenue makes greedy people doing stupid things. I am waiting for the next video...

IMO, sxxt happens in sxxtholes, sxxtholes also might attract sxxtty people. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I really don't think it is fair to post things like this, he is drunk in the day time and is not saying the right things, he is not without guilt, however we do not know what happened before she began filming, we do not know what set him off, we do now know how she behaved, so it is unfair as it only gives her side of the story.

Maybe she had objected to his grabbing her crotch? If you saw what happened before she started filming, you might wonder why she didn't call a few Thai thugs to teach him a lesson. Posting his idiocy for all to see is pretty mild punishment. This way, he gets his defenders here, too, and suggestions how Thais must be at fault and do the same, blah blah.

It's fair enough as it is.

Whomsoever he is ,  he certainly has not endeared himself to the normal possibly tipsy farang population who frequent, Soi Sampan. No doubt like the other idiot he will get his just deserts by others ( non Thai ) .

It is a shame that we have people like this who physically are able to drink vast quantities but mentally are unable to deal with the effects. Like a child in a mans body.t. 

3 hours ago, Wake Up said:

I don’t approve of his behavior but he seems harmless and is wasted. Best to ignore him.

Maybe he didn't like being ignored, needed more attention. How would she, or you, know that he's harmless? That always the case?

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Like a Yank using a Millwall avatar.

But would the yank fly to England then purchase the rights to use the Avatar at a overinflated price just to use it in a Thai forum? (from your analogy)

If someone purchases football (soccer) shirt here which normally is counterfeited, he either supports the team or just got a cracking deal at the local night markets.  The team where his shorts are from, is a state in Australia, even a next door state would use it for rags, that's how fierce the rivalry is.  ????  If you were a random holiday maker,  the prices to buy these are pretty expensive (authentic sports wear) and you be lucky to find a  knockoff is its policed hardcore and doesn't have demands worldwide.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:48 PM, mercman24 said:

one drunk farang and its national news, never see much about drunk Thais do we, (which i see most days,) still that would not be newsworthy would it, get over it

Get over yourself. You didn't happen to notice, did you, that this is the Thais' country and not the farangs' ? They have the right to behave as they will in their own country. Duh! A foreigner's presence in Thailand as a GUEST is conditional, or are you not familiar with visa requirements? They exist for a reason alongside of deportation and banishment. If a farang behaves badly he deserves to be publicly shamed and the welcome mat pulled out from under him. If you can't grasp that you don't belong here either. How old are you by the way? Your viewpoint lacks maturity and insight. You need to "get over" your own arrogance. I certainly wouldn't welcome you here in Makkasan nor would any Thai person I know based on your comment. 

Well, one scenario I have experienced myself, is they present you a huge bill at the end, and you did not drink any of the extras they put on, neither did the ones you paid drinks for. Situations like this can happen, and easely be filmed. 

Well I did know better back in my time thanks to all the stories I had heard of those who got ripped off, and got their ass kicked. So I smiled, paid my bill, left and never looked back. Of course tried to point out the mistake first, but you know when you just have to give up, and take the hike

What we see of this guy, is not so bad, just a drunk unhappy farang who need sleep. Happens everywhere. 

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

What we see of this guy, is not so bad, just a drunk unhappy farang who need sleep. Happens everywhere. 

You've conveniently left out the whole point: the behavior of the drunk unhappy farang. ". . .  just a drunk unhappy farang who need sleep" and was abusing the bar staff. And true, abusing the bar staff may or may not happen everywhere, but when Thais do something of which we disapprove, then it's considered highly irrelevant to point out that it happens anywhere else. In any case, when it does happen here or anywhere then a video of it may be posted on social media and rightly condemned, as happened here. Or worse.

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

What we see of this guy, is not so bad, just a drunk unhappy farang who need sleep. Happens everywhere

Rubbish. This prick is the sort who should never be allowed to drink in a public place. He is intimidating and looking for a fight. If you can't behave after a few drinks - don't drink. The woman said he was not even drinking at that bar. 

"Happens everywhere" and pisses off people everywhere. 

This behavior is not acceptable when sober so why do you think it is when drunk?

On 12/12/2018 at 4:02 PM, BigT73 said:

He is wearing broncos shorts (rugby league).  I dunno whats with the accent, maybe in his drunken state he was trying to be articulate hahaha!   chang will be fine ????

I seen a Thai woman in a Manchester United shirt, does that mean she's from Manchester? Definitely not a Queenslander accent, sounded more English to me.

25 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Rubbish. This prick is the sort who should never be allowed to drink in a public place. He is intimidating and looking for a fight. If you can't behave after a few drinks - don't drink. The woman said he was not even drinking at that bar. 

"Happens everywhere" and pisses off people everywhere. 

This behavior is not acceptable when sober so why do you think it is when drunk?

Everybody can have a bad day, and some even behave like pricks even sober, and never touched a drink in their life. They are just full of themselves! 

I had a bad day in my life I regret, and just happy it was when nobody where camera, and neither could post it on social media let it go viral! 

20 hours ago, NightSky said:

If you want it to stop then why not protest against alcohol sales as it is also probably one of the biggest killers in the world.

Why should I be penalized for the behavior of Muppet's like him? I like a few drinks now and then but have never behaved like him. I have done some silly things (none serious) but never became aggressive. 

Instead of blanket restrictions, why not force people to have an alcohol license which has to be shown to enter places selling alcohol? If it stops me having to be near the likes of him carrying a card would be a small price to pay.

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Everybody can have a bad day, and some even behave like pricks even sober, and never touched a drink in their life. They are just full of themselves! 

I had a bad day in my life I regret, and just happy it was when nobody where camera, and neither could post it on social media let it go viral! 

Sure everyone can have an off day but that doesn't mean it should be ignored. It should be taken seriously and learnt from to stop it reoccurring.

A mate of mine used to get hammered every weekend, regularly start fights, get locked up and just let out the next day. No deterrent at all so he just laughs about it. Great guy when sober but utter prick when drunk. He is the kind that need sorting out. The man in the video looked like this is not a one off either but more like his normal drunk behavior although we have little to go on.

1 hour ago, cat handler said:

I seen a Thai woman in a Manchester United shirt, does that mean she's from Manchester? Definitely not a Queenslander accent, sounded more English to me.

Loads of Thai women wear soccer (football) shirts her as they are dime a dozen here in the markets in this football mad country.  Now if you seen a single Thai woman with a NRL shirt then it would be impressive and could be safe to assume that she has a Aussie BF as there arnt any knockoffs or originals here.  So considering these factors and your logic your saying this guy in the video is English and is wearing his Aussie boyfriends shorts?  

On 12/14/2018 at 12:48 AM, BigT73 said:

Loads of Thai women wear soccer (football) shirts her as they are dime a dozen here in the markets in this football mad country.  Now if you seen a single Thai woman with a NRL shirt then it would be impressive and could be safe to assume that she has a Aussie BF as there arnt any knockoffs or originals here.  So considering these factors and your logic your saying this guy in the video is English and is wearing his Aussie boyfriends shorts?  

Not all poms follow soccer, I know in Yorkshire they are mad League supporters. Any chance he has visited Australia to watch an NRL Grandfinal? He definitely isn't a Queenslander, he talks too fast to start with.

Oh look! It's a Neanderthal! Our extinct hominid cousin. It appears they aren't extinct after all. This one should be locked up in a zoo.

He strikes me as being somebody who's itching for a fight - the most deplorable drunk. Have a few drinks, enjoy life, go home and sleep it off. Simple! 

• 3 weeks later...

(Contrarian) There is a tubby Thai female manager of the bar, who seems to be part-owner. I had a beer there one day, and the next day I stopped over to talk with a patron but didn't order anything. I remember that she called me out on the fact, and I left choosing to drink elsewhere because of her brashness. If I had been drunk, which I don't tend to be, I might have retorted. But, being as it was her establishment, I reasoned to smile and never return. 

Archived