Time to call a spade a spade

Krataiboy

Mods: I am posting this here, because I could discover no other means of communicating my thoughts on the subject below to the appropriate individual or individuals. I tried messaging "Mods" but my message was rejected. By all means delete this if you so wish and let me know where I should direct my observations.

There seems to have been an increase recently in the number of what are clearly advertising features masquerading as editorial. The latest example is today's item on a costly US-made detox kit, under the headline "I survived a 7-day detox!"

Can ThaiVisa kindly do the ethical thing and distinguish this thinly-disguised advertorial material from genuine news items with some sort of label, such as "Advertising Feature" or "Advertorial".

This may not please the advertising department of your the Nation, who doubtless find it easier to sell adverts to companies softened up with a free editorial mention or two - in the trade we call them "puffs". But it would at least be calling a spade a spade and help prevent further erosion of the Forum's much-cherished editorial credibility.

Archived