Shooting by Bangkok cop: Slain tourist was young French man in "love triangle"

webfact

Shooting by Bangkok cop: Slain tourist was young French man in "love triangle"

Thai media has said that the man shot dead by a Lumpini policeman this morning was a French national aged about 30-35. 

Some Thai media has reported that the killing was a result of an argument between the cop and the tourist over a woman. 

A woman had been earlier reported as being at the scene of the Trendy Building in Sukhumvit Road in tears. 

Bangkok Biz News reported that the shooting occurred around 7.30am today. 

The victim was found with a fatal head wound in front of Dunkin Donuts. 

The building is well know as both a residential tower and place for visa applications. 

One Thai media outlet named the shooter as Senior Sgt-Maj Kantapong Huadsri a squad leader at Lumpini police station. 

They reported he was in custody. 

It has also been stated that the cop had a violation for a weapons offence against his name six years ago but was still a cop. 

A waiter at a bar is said to have lent him the gun used in the shooting, but this has not been confirmed in mainstream Thai media. 

More about this breaking story as we hear of it. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-12

news_iWDXYMUsGP110117_533.jpg
Picture Daily News

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether it’s love triangle, quadrangle or even hexacon, no reason to kill. Moreover  he is a policeman and should show more restraint. Let’s hope the RTP will not try to shield one of his boys. The public deserved to see justice and due punishment. 

another example of why thai cliches survive. today we had the taxi driver returns money story that people here predicted based on the previous story of stick weilding taximan threatening koreans and people correctly predicted this shooting to be a love triangle. once you have been here for a while these stories blend into one esperience and hence the usual truth to thai stereotypes. this is another sad story highlighting thai problems. the police here, like in most countries, have their share of bully boys with a complex. i know some very good policemen but i have had full on arguments with some bully boy police here also out to hustle. hope he gets the worst and they make an example of him. as for the disparaging comments about the frenchman, who knows/ but when love/sex is involved rationality is often not paramount. 

9 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

He didn't have a gun....try reading the article before posting nonsense.

yeah! maybe even after 6 years...was he still serving as an unarmed (disarmed) officer?

and... why would a waiter have a gun??

pistoff and pistol is together a dangerous combo

1 minute ago, 2008bangkok said:

If he didnt have a gun how did he shoot him.... with his fingers?

Wow....another brilliant TV poster..... Again read BEFORE posting comment.

ezzra comment speaks of a man wearing a gun....when he clearly was not. 

3 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Another brilliant TV poster.... Getting WOUND UP by words he reads on the internet written by people he doesn't know. 

i met a nice lady 2 years ago, she had a kid with a cop, she said Ex Boyfriend, that was it for me bye bye, i like living, been here long enough, can read the papers, about jealous ex,s  and speculation on this sad event, ??  jail, then when it has all died down, out the backdoor he goes. oh, and how about an *accomplice to murder* (lend me a gun i want to kill someone), while we are at it.

12 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Might be a good idea to read Ezzras post again before criticizing others reading skills.

24 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Well if you are going to get into the wording technicalities like "Wearing a gun" your at fault also for saying "He didnt have a gun"... when he clearly did.

24 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Well if you are going to get into the wording technicalities like "Wearing a gun" your at fault also for saying "He didnt have a gun"... when he clearly did.

16 minutes ago, bergan said:

Might be a good idea to read Ezzras post again before criticizing others reading skills.

Perhaps you can show me where you think I went wrong.....  

I'll try to help you. Here is his quote;

Words to the wise, if you don't fear or respect the man, fera and respect the gun he's wearing and you'll live longer...

I welcome your showing me where you imagine I have misread...

The worldwide reputation of Thai policemen is there for a reason.  Their reputation is that they're reckless, dangerous and corrupt.  Like a mafia in uniform.  I've only come into contact with two.

One was my ex wife's father.  A man with a short fuse, a temper and a penchant for cheap whisky. He once got punched by a drinking buddy and went back to his house in a rage to get his gun and finish it off. His family, including young children at the time, had to cling on to him to stop him.

The second was a relative of a UK-based Thai friend, mid 20s. Father high up in the army, him in the police force. He was exiled by his Dad after pulling a gun and shooting (close to) a bus driver in a road rage incident in the South of Thailand.  After a drink, a horrible guy who looked for trouble but didn't have the corrupt support in the UK to get away with assault.

As Thais also say, never trust them. They think of their own (perceived) power and not of their own family or the consequences of extreme and disproportionate action.

32 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

What? He shot the guy!

OK, let me explain to you all .

It was posted that people shouldnt fight men who are carrying guns .

It was then pointed out that the man did NOT have a gun with him at the time .

He went and got the gun AFTER the altercation .

Is that clear to everyone ?

58 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Wish u people would take off your beer goggles before posting? Read the article he obtained a gun from a waiter? Not sure why the waiter had a gun

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Whether it’s love triangle, quadrangle or even hexacon, no reason to kill. Moreover  he is a policeman and should show more restraint. Let’s hope the RTP will not try to shield one of his boys. The public deserved to see justice and due punishment. 

Pity, some years back, your idol didn't have the morals and ethics you speak of.

Archived