VIDEO: Chilling moment Thai cop murders Frenchman at Trendy Building in Bangkok

snoop1130

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile, Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakpal has instructed investigators at the Lumpini station to handle the case in strict accordance with the law and not try to assist their colleague,

That says much about the culture of the RTP! 

According to Pol Lt Gen Hakpal, the argument then escalated to a fist fight, which Mr Djamel won.

This sentence is the key to this entire story. Thais cannot bear to lose and do not have the maturity to simply walk away and accept the outcome. Be warned! You may win the fight but it’s unlikely you will win the day.

Handing the investigation over to the same police department the murderer comes from is simply astounding and just shows already they are on the same side of the murderer. What’s the bet this guy serves little or no time in prison regardless of the verdict!

10 hours ago, greeneking said:

Why do the police routinely carry arms anyway?

Why aren't they taken back at the end of the shift?

Round my way even the Tourist Police carry guns.

'YOUR FIRST FRIEND' INDEED!

Read the original article posted yesterday??? He was off duty and did NOT have his gun

For Tourists & Newbie's here; The "Golden Rule" here ............ walk away & don't argue, it's definitely the wrong thing to get angry. Just say "sorry" (Thai's understand this word) & move on ...... for a european it's the normal thing to do & we do not feel any shame in doing so. Immediately you argue here brings the "Loss of Face" into play, which is a dangerous situation to find yourself in. If you fight with anyone here & they lose it is not the end of it. He/her will come after you with either a weapon or a gang ........ no matter how long it takes. I have seen this time & time again during my 17yrs of living here ........ tempers here are lost very quickly, turning to "rage". Very unpleasant as every occasion escalates to something more serious. The attitude here is not going to change & there are far too many guns on the streets, plus you can buy deadly weapons openly on market stalls here for everyone to buy from knives, knuckle dusters, tazers, kungfu weapons, samurai swords etc etc ......... you name it & it's available here. A simple "Wai" also calms almost every situation immediately & people here will recognise this & assist you, which gives you time to resolve matters peacefully. Take care everyone ........... affairs of the heart here is something all of us have difficulty in controlling .......... fact.

11 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Shoot the cowardly <deleted> cop in the head.

No.... that's too quick....an easy fast death.  

Shoot him in the liver and let him slowly bleed out.  It will give him time to think about what's happening to him... 

11 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Wai 500

This case should be investigated by another force, DSI for example, NOT by his colleagues.

I am against the death penalty, but in this case of a policeman murdering a foreigner, he should get that punishment as a clear warning to other policemen that murdering expats and tourists by a police officer is very, very bad for the name of the country.

Luckily for Thailand France is having some troubles, otherwise the press there would have a field day with very negative results for Thailand.

Even so, I have an idea in Europe, Australia and the US the press will dive on this.

2 minutes ago, hansnl said:

This case should be investigated by another force, DSI for example, NOT by his colleagues.

I am against the death penalty, but in this case of a policeman murdering a foreigner, he should get that punishment as a clear warning to other policemen that murdering expats and tourists by a police officer is very, very bad for the name of the country.

Luckily for Thailand France is having some troubles, otherwise the press there would have a field day with very negative results for Thailand.

Even so, I have an idea in Europe, Australia and the US the press will dive on this.

i dont think that westerners should receive special treatment in Thailand , all lives should be equally important . 

1 hour ago, connda said:

And how much do you want to bet that the Thai court will take in account his "loss of face" and reduce the premeditated murder (which it was) to something like manslaughter, and take in account that he was a cop ('we protect our own even if they do stupid stuff and we had to fire him) and hand the guy something like a 20 year sentence reduced to 10 years, and then he's out in 5.  However, we'll probably never know.  Thai English media never seems to report the end results of court convictions as these thing tend to go down the memory hole at the end of a news cycle.

Of course they will - because they are the same. They share the same culture. Every Thai who hears the evidence will be thinking 

"I understand this police officer. If I lost face this way, maybe I would do the same thing." 

11 hours ago, greeneking said:

Police here buy their own guns, so they are personal property. At least that is my understanding.

This story needs further development/clarification. Lots of unanswered questions. Like for example, off duty police below a certain commissioned officer grade cannot carry off duty firearms and an earlier report was that the gun used was provided to him (after the fist fight presumably) by the bar owner (?). Tragic story but don't fight with Thais and certainly not Thai police. The loss of face issues is huge - they lose all control. Even with on duty uniformed police they do not follow/and are hardly trained in escalation of force and the use of reasonable force to make an arrest. Regarding this story - I would like to know What started the fight? Earlier reports it was a love triangle ? 

Not the first time in recent memory:

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/thai-policeman-finally-admits-murder-of-canadian-in-pai/

I'm surprised this has not yet been pointed out.

A THAI COP IN Pai murdered a Canadian Backpacker and shot his girlfriend who survived.  Conviction took a LONG time as the murderer's cop brethren did everything they could to sabotage the investigation.  Only massive pressure from the Canadian Embassy spearheaded by the victim's father kept things going and the cop was ultimately convicted...seems he had also killed his own wife which cost him a bit of support.  I wonder if he is still in jail?  Anybody?

11 hours ago, greeneking said:

Police here buy their own guns, so they are personal property. At least that is my understanding.

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

People should never forget that in Thailand face is everything,and you put yourself in grave danger when you do forget that. He took the girl, then beat the man in a fair fight, the Thai is just not going to take that lying down, because logic and reason go out the window. when he thinks he looks stupid. Sure the cop will go to prison, but it is only a matter of time, before pretty much the same happens again. After all, on a local basis, they are doing it continuously. Getting involved with any woman here, who has had a bad ending to, or is still in a relationship, with anyone, is unlikely to end well. I feel very sorry for the French man. I suspect he wont be the last we hear of in similar news to come.

The funny thing is, they murder someone for making them lose face, but are too stupid to realise that they lose even more face by ending up in prison with their life ruined. But then, Thais rarely if ever consider the consequences of what they do (when driving in particular). They just can't link the dots.

Archived