800.00 THB deposit for retirement Visa

Hello,

i read now a lot of topics but i am not 100% sure my understanding is right. Can please someone help me

In two month i will turn 50. I will apply for a retirement visa in chaengwattana after my birthday.

At the moment i stay with a new Tourist Visa which is valid for 60+30 days extention

So the first step is, i apply for a non-immigrant O visa which is valid for 90 days. 30 days before this non immigrant visa ends i can apply for a one year extension.

How long before i need to transfer the 800.000 THB to my thai bank account when i apply first time for this 90 day non-immigrant O visa?

Does the 800.000THB have to be in a thai bank account, or can be any bank account in another country.

when i apply for a one year extension the 800.000 THB must be in a thai bank account for minimum 60 days before i apply?

Is that right?

Thank you....

There is no seasoning requirement for the FIRST step. Conversion of the tourist visa to a 90 day O visa. However the money must be shown at that time (inside Thailand). There is the seasoning requirement for the SECOND step -- the application for annual extension of stay based on retirement. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, consulb said:

How long before i need to transfer the 800.000 THB to my thai bank account when i apply first time for this 90 day non-immigrant O visa?

The money just needs to be in your account on the day you apply.

5 hours ago, consulb said:

when i apply for a one year extension the 800.000 THB must be in a thai bank account for minimum 60 days before i apply?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

The process is from Toursit visa to long-term stay with yearly extension. All long-term stay applicant must have a Non-O visa. Since you have a tourist visa, you need a conversion 

1. Convert Tourist visa to Non-O visa. Requires money in the bank but no seasoning. It will give you 90-day permssion to stay in Thailand. 

2. Before your permission to stay (step 1) expires, apply for one year extension of your permit to stay. Requires two month seasoning in the bank (because it is your first extension). 

3. Subsequent extension of stays require three month seasoning in the bank.

Bangkok CW office can do all the three processes but some offices will do only process 2 and 3. Unless you have a Thai child or wife, getting a Non-O outside Thailand may not be easy. Your home country can issue an O-A visa good for one year and requires no money in a Thai bank and no seasoning. This is a ME visa and every time you enter Thailand, you're given one year permission to stay. If used to enter Thailand just before it expires, you can essentially stay for two years. After two years, you can go back to your home country and get a new O-A or do only step 3 above. 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The money must be in THAI bank account. You are correct, 2 months "seasoning" prior to going to CW for your 12 month permission of stay. Your next extension after that will be 3 months before you apply.

You will go to your Thai bank to obtain bank letter to verify funds in account. Good idea to do it on day of application and also make small deposit at same time. 

What's with the "small deposit" suggestion? Assuming just another silly and meaningless requirement at hit and miss IO's in Land Of Scattershot. :coffee1:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

What's with the "small deposit" suggestion? Assuming just another silly and meaningless requirement at hit and miss IO's in Land Of Scattershot. :coffee1:

Often you need to show "activity" on day of extension. Most people deposit 100baht. I obtain bank letter at CW. The bank charges 200baht for get letter. 

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Often you need to show "activity" on day of extension. Most people deposit 100baht. I obtain bank letter at CW. The bank charges 200baht for get letter. 

Depends on the bank. I just shove my bank passbook into an updating machine. Even if there's no activity, it will post the balance on that day. You don't need to show activity, you just need to show the balance.

If you have a letter from the bank manager, it should show a balance that is the same as the passbook. If you make a deposit or withdrawal after getting the letter, the balance will not be the same.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

If you have a letter from the bank manager, it should show a balance that is the same as the passbook. If you make a deposit or withdrawal after getting the letter, the balance will not be the same.

With SCB, in addition to the letter, they also provide a printed statement showing all transactions for the past 3 months in that bank account.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OK...but my original question is still WHY??? Is the requirement B800,000 "seasoned" in a Thai bank account for 3 months or is the law/rule/requirement that there also be activity on the seasoned B800,000 account?

IMO...I've already summed it up, which isn't difficult. Ridiculous random rules by random offices in the Land Of Ridiculously Random. ????

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

OK...but my original question is still WHY??? Is the requirement B800,000 "seasoned" in a Thai bank account for 3 months or is the law/rule/requirement that there also be activity on the seasoned B800,000 account?

IMO...I've already summed it up, which isn't difficult. Ridiculous random rules by random offices in the Land Of Ridiculously Random. ????

Calm down. Fact is in reality the day you apply for your extension you could have have bank balance zero. Having withdrawn after obtaining letter. I agree with you. But its their rules. Not hard. Try living in Vietnam. They don't even have retirement visa. You leave every 3 months. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

You already come this far, maybe 10 minutes from applying that extension.  Why would you let this last minute activity hold you back when it could be a lot worse compared to say  printing a map. ????

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

or TIT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Calm down. Fact is in reality the day you apply for your extension you could have have bank balance zero. Having withdrawn after obtaining letter. I agree with you. But its their rules. Not hard. Try living in Vietnam. They don't even have retirement visa. You leave every 3 months. 

Not hard...can anyone answer the question? Not an issue at all of not being calm, nor about Nam. It's a simple question. Is it a requirement or just another of myriad made up rules varying from IO to IO? You state it's a rule...

...can you provide the source please?

19 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not hard...can anyone answer the question? Not an issue at all of not being calm, nor about Nam. It's a simple question. Is it a requirement or just another of myriad made up rules varying from IO to IO? You state it's a rule...

If you are asking about that 800K seasoning for 3 months, yes that rule has been around for I have no idea how long.

If you are asking whether you can withdraw the 800K on the same day after submitting your retirement extension application, well I won't chance that.  I withdrew that the next day after collecting my passport with the extension approved and re-entry permit stamped. Almost all the time.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Stop with source...all expats on retirement extensions deal with different offices. Some good some s#####ll. Fact is, if retire here adapt. This office wants this, this office wants that. So what. Thaivisa helps all members deal with fickle im at various locations. Get over it

On 7-12-2018 at 10:03, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps check with one of the translation services listed here. 

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/231771/acs/translators_internet_service_photographers.pdf

On 7-12-2018 at 11:30, ubonjoe said:

Ask them to send the translated and certified documents by EMS to you. They will do that for a small additional fee.

I have a confimation this is possible, thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Your statement  'B800,000 "seasoned" in a Thai bank account for 3 months' is the requirement. Some immigration offices also require more of you. My office, I believe does not, but hey, I draw some money out on my way to the bank, where I have the book updated, get a 100 baht letter and even ask them to make me a copy of the last updated page of the passbook, sign it and add it to the wad of copies, some of which might get handed back to me by immigration.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is to do or bye.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Stop with source...all expats on retirement extensions deal with different offices. Some good some s#####ll. Fact is, if retire here adapt. This office wants this, this office wants that. So what. Thaivisa helps all members deal with fickle im at various locations. Get over it

Thx for finally getting my point. Been here 2.5 decades and won't ever get over, nor accept, ridiculous and stupid. Nor will ever get over those whom just acquiesce and act like a Thai. That is just not me. :coffee1:

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Thx for finally getting my point. Been here 2.5 decades and won't ever get over, nor accept, ridiculous and stupid. Nor will ever get over those whom just acquiesce and act like a Thai. That is just not me. :coffee1:

Stop. I am not Thai. Most of fickle "Thai ways" you can pick up in weeks. Clearly takes you longer. My posts about a "bank activity" on day of application is fact for SOME offices. I have helped members going for extensions by advising as such. As I mentioned in my first post, this was required of me at CW. What have you actually posted on this thread that assists members. Zip

• Haha 1

Making a small deposit or withdrawal, to get your bank-book to update on the day of application (sometimes day-before is accepted), is not a new thing.  I've been reading about this as a required step in CW for years - and that is one of the most (if not "the most") straightforward-process offices.

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2018 at 1:13 AM, onera1961 said:

1. Convert Tourist visa to Non-O visa. Requires money in the bank but no seasoning. It will give you 90-day permssion to stay in Thailand. 

2. Before your permission to stay (step 1) expires, apply for one year extension of your permit to stay. Requires two month seasoning in the bank (because it is your first extension). 

3. Subsequent extension of stays require three month seasoning in the bank.

Is there a requirement to show that the money came from overseas, similar to (IIRC) buying a property? I already have > 800K in a Thai bank, but I can't prove it came from overseas. it'd suck if I have to send over another 800K, just to get that letter ????

1 hour ago, new here said:

Is there a requirement to show that the money came from overseas, similar to (IIRC) buying a property? I already have > 800K in a Thai bank, but I can't prove it came from overseas. it'd suck if I have to send over another 800K, just to get that letter ????

To apply for a non immigrant visa proof the 800k baht came from abroad is needed unless you prove it was legally earned here.

Where did the 800k baht come from?

For a one year extension of stay it is not required.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where did the 800k baht come from?

I used to have a business here, so I sent money over to set that up, and this is leftover (i.e. not money earned here).

I also spent a lot of time in Thailand, on tourist visas, so it's easier to wire money via bank accounts and just withdraw it from an ATM.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

However, and this is very important, it is required if you are doing the conversion to the original 90 day 0 visa in Thailand. 

But not if I can get the original O visa outside of Thailand? I turn 50 next year, so I haven't done any of this stuff yet.

Does it have to be in my home country? I move around a lot these days, and I don't really have a home country any more.

1 hour ago, new here said:

But not if I can get the original O visa outside of Thailand? I turn 50 next year, so I haven't done any of this stuff yet.

Does it have to be in my home country? I move around a lot these days, and I don't really have a home country any more.

No need to ship yourself across the planet to deliver paperwork for a single-entry Non-O based on retirement (fortunately).  Many get them in Savannakhet (Vientiane wants more paperwork than Savannakhet). 

The problem might be, that they previously asked to see a Thai Bank book PLUS Income-Letter from your embassy - even if you were using the Bank-Money to meet the full financial requirements.  But those income-letters are about to become a thing of the past for many of us.  If a US or AU citizen, I believe you could still do a Statutory Declaration at your Embassy stating you are retired, which they should accept - but an attempt with this could be a test-case.