2019 Best Thailand Dentists?

luxecat

Hi all,

I know we have had several posts in the past about good dentists in Thailand, but it seems most are out of date. I have been to Thailand several times and have used Dental Hospital for a cleaning before, but I was not that impressed. This time I need a root canal retreatment and a crown. I had my mind made up last year that I would go to Chiang Mai for the work, but it seems most of the top clinics there are now getting low marks. And some have even taken advantage of the big tourist boom. {Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.} It seems that Bangkok has the best dental care in the nation. I am considering BIDC right now. Any other options? I am not looking for the cheapest option, but a place for quality work. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Yes, most first-rate medical and dental facilities are situated in Bangkok. I do recommend Thantakit International Dental Center. I had a dental implant, crown replacement, and some fillings with them. Flawless work, high-caliber dentists, and everyone there spoke English fluently. The owner was also very accommodating. Cheers. 

On 1/15/2019 at 3:06 AM, NYGuy816 said:

Yes, most first-rate medical and dental facilities are situated in Bangkok. I do recommend Thantakit International Dental Center. I had a dental implant, crown replacement, and some fillings with them. Flawless work, high-caliber dentists, and everyone there spoke English fluently. The owner was also very accommodating. Cheers. 

Greetings, 

I don't go to Tantalizing Clinic ever since they ripped me off twice!   Now I go to BIDC!

• 2 weeks later...

i had a wisdom tooth extracted at the one that begins with "B" at onset of procedure dentist said he predicts 20 minutes to complete. prior to 20 minutes he proudly proclaimed that it is completed.  funny thing when i went to pay, the price was significantly higher than what they quoted me at time of visit.  i asked why and the cashier called dentist on his mobile and i asked him why.  he said because case was complicated.  i then asked him why was it complicated since he predicted 20 minutes and finished within 20 minutes?

he couldn't answer that verbally but apparently agreed with me and corrected the price.  some things involving ethics and greed are repugnant in my opinion but not uncommon here.

At the bottom line of things, I don't think you can really recommend a DENTAL CLINIC here as a good place to go.

Even at seemingly better clinics or hospitals, I think there can be very good dentists, and others who are mediocre or worse.

When it comes to dental recommendations here, I'd always focus on the individual DENTIST, not the place where they're working.  Tell me the dentist you've had a good experience with, not just the name of the place.

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When it comes to dental recommendations here, I'd always focus on the individual DENTIST, not the place where they're working.  Tell me the dentist you've had a good experience with, not just the name of the place.

I agree entirely. And it also applies to every other type of service here, professional or otherwise. Look for the person, not the place.

My personal recommendation goes to Dr Suwannagate at Phyathai Sriracha.

Archived