Trump ex-lawyer Cohen given three years in prison, blames 'blind loyalty'

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

That awkward moment with your wife, daughter and current squeeze (Ms. McDougal, far right)

(BTW, Melania did look a lot better before all the "work"...she can barely open her eyes now. Looks more like Teddy Perkins on Atlanta now.)

Thanks for the great photo!  I'd love to have such company, but I'm not sure if that's good for my heart.  ???? But, at least, I would keep myself out of the hassle of paying off women like Cohen and Trump had done.

By the way, speaking of awkward (or even worse?), it seems to me that if you could somehow show this photo to someone who did not know the Trumps, that person would think that Donald and Ivanka were a couple cozying up while Melania is likely Ivanka's friend.  

The charges against Cohen go much deeper that what is superficially discussed in the article.  Cohen only got two months for lying but other charges particularly tax evasion and numerous other activities unrelated to Trump or the campaign were what got him the most time and fines, etc.  Although not excusing his behavior in lying he was a real sleaze ball lawyer and was trying to use his connection with Trump to enrich himself and was involved in a host of nefarious activities. He really got off easy.

18 hours ago, mamypoko said:

Mike, I'm really glad you did the right thing. A word of advice. You better check that tough guy tone outside the prison unless you can back it up.  

Well, in prison, you learn to back it up. And back up to it.

When he gets out, the entire Hells Angels MCC will be able to do U turns in his back up position. 

Interesting that he had to blame his loyalty, not his non existent moral compass.  

In trying to plea bargain to save his ass, he has cost his ass.

7 hours ago, helpisgood said:

Thanks for the great photo!  I'd love to have such company, but I'm not sure if that's good for my heart.  ???? But, at least, I would keep myself out of the hassle of paying off women like Cohen and Trump had done.

By the way, speaking of awkward (or even worse?), it seems to me that if you could somehow show this photo to someone who did not know the Trumps, that person would think that Donald and Ivanka were a couple cozying up while Melania is likely Ivanka's friend.  

You have noticed the disturbing body language as well.

The company that he keeps would not affect my heart. I enjoy the company of real people,

not the plastic body, plastic smiles of plastic moral people.

My friends are not pretend beautiful (dare I say fake) they are beautiful from the inside to out.

What a lovely leader of US, what a champion of US morals and principles. What a sad person. (I could not call him a man)

18 hours ago, Proboscis said:

No evidence in Cohen's crimes of Russian collusion although there is evidence that "he" whether you are talking about Cohen or Trump both broke the law on campaign contributions - Cohen has been convicted of it and Trump would be (of conspiracy to do so and of ordering Cohen to do so) except that his Justice Department are of the opinion that a sitting president cannot be indicted or charged.

Well that's not exactly true.   Cohen lied to Congress about the Russia dealings.   This means there could have been favors promised or given in return for favorable conditions on Trump organizations business dealings in Russia:

Almost two weeks ago, Cohen pleaded guilty to lying about the Moscow venture. Cohen originally told investigators that Trump’s advisers ended talks about the project in January 2016. In fact, Cohen admitted, negotiations continued through June 2016 — well into the heart of the presidential primary season and after it was already clear Trump was going to be the Republican nominee.

All of that creates a possible scenario in which the Trump Organization — and possibly Trump himself — was trading financial favors with Russian interests and using Trump’s candidacy and proximity to the Oval Office to enhance his business. During Wednesday’s hearing, Cohen noted that part of his job profile for Trump included covering up the president’s “dirty deeds.” 

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-12-12/michael-cohen-lied-to-congress-and-trump-world-should-worry

Archived