BANGKOK 19 February 2019 05:59
Ombra

Visit from the police in Nakhon Phanom

29 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Politicians lie to us all the time, so if it is to our advantage, why shouldn't we lie?

Matters not a jot to me what you choose to do. We all live by the standards we set ourselves. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ombra said:

I thought that the answer to that question would be fairly obvious. She thought that she was helping me.

Just suppose they are checking because there are so many "contract marraiges" out there.........if you were temporarily in Bangkok, no reason to lie, but if you are scamming the marraige Visa extension rules, then its a problem idin'it............????? 

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Politicians lie to us all the time, so if it is to our advantage, why shouldn't we lie?

007 has a license to kill... Politicians have a license to lie...

We have neither.

13 hours ago, samsensam said:

why did your wife lie to the police?

immigration told me they would visit six weeks ago but never turned up. wasted five days waiting around for them and eventually gave up and got on with my life.

cos shes Thai ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, timendres said:

We have neither.

Want a bet?

16 hours ago, samsensam said:

immigration told me they would visit six weeks ago but never turned up. wasted five days waiting around for them and eventually gave up and got on with my life.

I have learned to minimze my use of the word "why". Often it is none of my business, and other times the reply puts me in my place.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

She probably didn’t want them hanging around all day. Wasn’t like he was hiding in the closet. Some visitors annoy me and I make up and excuse I’ve got to go somewhere 

• Like 2

Had them visit outside of Kumphawapi nothing really few questions pictures of tattoos and off the go

18 hours ago, timendres said:

We have neither.

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Want a bet?

Do you have a license to bet?

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

Do you have a license to bet?

I do not believe in licenses except for driving, riding motorbikes. and having fire arms.

There still exists a law stating that the police (not immigration police) have to check up on the whereabouts of all foreigners in their area. Apparently this still gets applied occasionally, probably when a newly prompted officer wants to prove himself.

THREE years ago, in the month of February, an immigration police officer told me that he had already arrested 19 people, all from places like Uganda, Kenya etc, for marriage visa extension scams.

The OP is on a retirement extension but I'm sure there would be good reasons for checking up occasionally. I heard of a lady that didn't tell anybody that her Farang husband had died and continued to collect his pension for years...

On 12/13/2018 at 3:51 PM, IssanMichael said:

I had a visit yesterday as well. I live 30k from Nakhon Phanom. The police came just the one, wanted a photo of me and the wife outside the house showing the house number, stopped and had a chat for a while. A very pleasant visit broke the day up a bit a nice sort of guy no problems or dramas.

I am on a retirement visa and a week before did my 1 year application. A great immigration office is NP. I made a 90 report  this year and the road outside their office had been closed off, i have a lung problem and cannot walk far, and had to leave the pickup some way away. My wife told the officer during the application. When i got the report done the Lady office came round the desk held my arm and took me to a police pickup and said we have to help where we can, and took us both back to our motor. Now how good is that?

What the hell man you shouldn't have had to do any of that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cooked said:

The OP is on a retirement extension but I'm sure there would be good reasons for checking up occasionally.

It has become the norm here, when I did my retirement extension a few weeks back they asked for a map, first time ever. Couple of weeks later had the visit.