What's the point to 'seasoning' retirement funds

9 hours ago, JLCrab said:

I don't care what is or isn't proof -- it's a bribe just the same.

Are you expecting that the IO officer would give a receipt for his 15,000 baht share of the agents 20,000 baht fee?

So if you are unhappy with the arrangement between the agent and the IO, it is unlikely you will get the chance to broker a better deal for the agent and that the IO gets less.  The agent is just the runner here, he can take care of his own welfare.  Unless you want a cut in their business, I suggest not.

This process does not start without the farang giving the agent 20K.  The farang is the top of the food chain here.  Without the farang, none of this would have happened,  In all seriousness, don't go after the agent the IO who are both innocent.  Go after that farang, he is the mastermind.   Sorry Batman ....????

Edited by farangx

20 minutes ago, farangx said:

In all seriousness, don't go after the agent the IO who are both innocent. 

OK --  just innocent babes in the wilderness falling into the clutches of the evil masterminding farang.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, farangx said:

This process does not start without the farang giving the agent 20K.  The farang is the top of the food chain here.  Without the farang, none of this would have happened,  In all seriousness, don't go after the agent the IO who are both innocent.  Go after that farang, he is the mastermind.

What you have written assumes you can get "by the book" extensions at every office for every service.  This is not the case.  In some offices, agent-use (or, alternatively going out to a consulate nearby for a Visa to avoid the office, as I did) is forced by paperwork-runarounds and contrived, non-existent rules.