Video: The fight that led to fatal shooting of Frenchman in Bangkok

webfact

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

At 0:52 it looks like he is given the gun and then at 0:55 take a shot at the French man who is running away and then what could be  another shot at 0:56  He then pursues him with gun in hand and they disappear of screen bottom left.

Discharging a firearm in a public place followed by premeditated murder.

It's hardly self defense when when he pursues  an unarmed man with a loaded weapon with obvious intent to kill him.

I hope public opinion alone will ensure he does not get away with this no matter who he is or who he is friends with .  

On the basis of the past there's nothing to suggest whatever might happen, if anything at all.  It'll just go away......

However, another nail in tourisms coffin.  This place really has a vast and growing name now as being somewhat lawless and totally lacking in responsibility towards tourist safety.  

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bystander who clearly gives him a gun [0.51] with the intension that the cop should kill the foreigner, should also be jailed for assisting in the murder. If it wasn't for this cowardly action, both men would be going about their normal business today.

We all know how this will run, a short time in jail, then quietly released when things have all blown over.  Just like the other cops who have killed foreigners in the past.

42 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

I am a long term resident and I think your whole post is very wide of the mark. This cop will likely get the death sentence for that. While it will probably be commuted he could do decades for this. The fact that it was against a tourist only adds to the gravity in my view. 

Even your contention that one life was wasted is wrong - looks like at least two to me.

Rooster

The cop's life isn't wasted. If they had been punching and wrestling and then the cop shot him in the heat of the moment 'cos he was losing, maybe. Still not for me. When you chase someone down like that and kill them in such cold blood, you deserve everything coming to you. You're clearly a person who should be in prison far away from the public. 

46 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Just surprised it was only 3 usually at least 10 to 1,and always the muay thai kicking.

To be fair, both of them did the "muay thai kicking". haven't seen the video here, but I watched it on the morning news on channel7.

43 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Hi Rooster.

I respect your opinion. But, how would we ever know what penalty the officer pays?

After a few weeks, some other new, crazy news will be the focus and we will all potentially never hear about this again.

Unless he is reported to die in prison, we cannot have any confidence that he will stay in jail.

His sentencing will be in the Thai press and hopefully picked up by Thaivisa. I shall endeavor to make sure personally that you get to hear about it. 

Rooster

Tourists stay away. Don't come here. It is nowhere near as safe as you think it is. Land Of Smiles (these days) it is not.
Rephrased and put into perspective.

Do not come here and drink untill 7am and then get onto a fistfight with a thai male.

And you will be sweet [emoji16]

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

I am a long term resident and I think your whole post is very wide of the mark. This cop will likely get the death sentence for that. While it will probably be commuted he could do decades for this. The fact that it was against a tourist only adds to the gravity in my view. 

Even your contention that one life was wasted is wrong - looks like at least two to me.

Rooster

We will see.

I find it quite strange how the police never seem to chase at least one person in a drug bust as someone always gets away and they are too lazy, fat or slow to try and chase them (or they have been paid not to run after them). But this scumbag murdering cop chases this unarmed tourist for quite a distance just to murder him in cold blood. Probably wasn't this cops first kick at the can when it comes to murder. Let's hope some form of justice is served.

3 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Disagree. 

From :22 - :27 Green shirt guy is trying to pass off the pistol. 

From :25 - :31 he is picking up the gun from the gutter. 

From :40 - :45 its the shooter flashing the gun from his waistband at the frenchman. 

At :52-:54 he takes the pistol out of his waste-band and pops his first shot. 

Could happen to any foreigner that disputes the bill. 

My video was not that clear, so as you say one of the group passed the cop a gun. Hopefully he will be tracked down

4 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

One life wasted. No longtime Thailand expat thinks the cop will do more than a couple years and quietly be pardoned or let out. Who would follow up to make sure he's in jail longer? 

Killing farang and tourists is mostly free of penalty in Thailand. 

Killing Asians has a penalty only because Asians, and especially Chinese, will retaliate en masse by hurting the Thai economy, which is all Thais care about other than face (money) 

Nonsense.

Don't you think farang are going to boycott Thailand and hurt the Thai economy if something like this happens?

Plenty of Chinese have been the victims of crime and it's business as usual when it comes to these sorts of things re-occurring. If the victim here were a Chinese national, the outcome would have been identical.

The reason why you think things happen when Chinese get involved is because it's a numbers game. Usually, it's not a lone Chinese person, but it's 47 Chinese involved, like when that boat sunk in Phuket with 47 Chinese nationals on board. The problem with farang is that they have been conditioned to be "loners" i.e. farang don't usually travel with other people, they usually travel alone, whereas Chinese generally travel in large groups. Also, there are more Chinese visiting Thailand in one year than ALL farang combined of every nationality out there. I suspect if there were ever 47 Frenchmen or 47 Americans etc. who drowned in a boating accident in Thailand, action would be taken by their governments. However, this is never going to happen because you never see 47 westerners from one nationality in one location in Thailand. Russians, maybe, but they are the only "farang" nationality who come in large numbers, arrive in tour groups and hang around each other (like the Chinese do).

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He was ordered held for a 12 day period until December 23rd when he will appear in court again. 

He is being held at Bangkok Special Prison. 

Special prison for cops ?  With special meals , special friends etc. 

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

I can't believe he slowed to a walk only 20 metres after having a gun drawn on him and apparently fired in his direction. If it were me I'd be running faster than Scooby Doo when he sees a skeleton. 

Absolute coward act drawing a gun after a fist fight. Two lives wasted. 

the loss of face ( police high position...falang low scum...high position loose fight against low scum ...low scum maybe with nice lady probably ex of high position) is more painfull than anything else in the universe...the gun helped him to straighten out things ...at aby cost...they will cover him sure...maybe he become a monk for some time...will be ok...this is th ...accept it or leave it...

37 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

The reason why you think things happen when Chinese get involved is because it's a numbers game.

One, just one, misbehaving Chinese at Suvarnabhumi was slapped by an immigration officer and caused immediate kowtowing of Thai Immigration and the government to the Chinese.

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Hi Rooster.

I respect your opinion. But, how would we ever know what penalty the officer pays?

After a few weeks, some other new, crazy news will be the focus and we will all potentially never hear about this again.

Unless he is reported to die in prison, we cannot have any confidence that he will stay in jail.

Seems like he didn't get locked up for long the last time he murdered someone.

Archived