Video: The fight that led to fatal shooting of Frenchman in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lammbock said:

So the police officer followed him with the gun in his hand from Soi 11/1 to Soi 13 and NOBODY stoped him or call for help???

Sounds reasonable to me even if he hadn't hidden the gun under his shirt.

Note to self: If being chased by an armed person, do not choose to hide at a Dunkin' Donuts.

Did anyone notice how it was 3 on one, Thai cowards, can never fight one on one, Muay Thai my a$$

Should also be charging the guy with the blue shirt for being an accessory to murder, after all, he handed him the gun, didn't he !

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

At 0:52 it looks like he is given the gun and then at 0:55 take a shot at the French man who is running away and then what could be  another shot at 0:56  He then pursues him with gun in hand and they disappear of screen bottom left.

Discharging a firearm in a public place followed by premeditated murder.

It's hardly self defense when when he pursues  an unarmed man with a loaded weapon with obvious intent to kill him.

I hope public opinion alone will ensure he does not get away with this no matter who he is or who he is friends with .  

You are right. However as a farang you should do everything to avoid struggles with Thai people. They act unpredictable when it comes to losing face. 

3 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

You are right. However as a farang you should do everything to avoid struggles with Thai people. They act unpredictable when it comes to losing face. 

I disagree, always stand your ground no matter of the circumstances, had he pulled it on me and had I had the chance, I would have shot him dead in self defence, just saying ????

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I disagree, always stand your ground no matter of the circumstances, had he pulled it on me and had I had the chance, I would have shot him dead in self defence, just saying ????

The problem is looking from the video, there wasn't a chance. What would you have done? Grabbed it from his waistband? The Thai guy seems to be with two other friends, has a gun and is a few feet away from the farang when he shows his gun off - as someone who studies martial arts I don't see where/how you would've got the gun off of him and shot him dead without being shot first.

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My apologies. When mention farangs I was thinking of the civilized ones. Sorry. 

I see two people helping the cop, and one gave him the Gun.

So tree people did the killing.

And why you want to run for a gun, he's faster, beleave me..

when he (cop) gets the gun you have to go for it, running away won't help....

"Cowards"

You always see people write about how cowardly the Thais are, and how unfair the fight is.  There's no such thing as a coward in the real world.  That's all make up stuff that the indoctrinated herd love to spit out from all the Hollywood movies and John Wayne clips . It's about winning by whatever means possible, period!  It's obvious who the loser is in this fight.  The irony is that many of those naming the Thais as cowards, etc. come from nations that fight unfair wars all throughout the world. 

6 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

I see two people helping the cop, and one gave him the Gun.

So tree people did the killing.

And why you want to run for a gun, he's faster, beleave me..

when he (cop) gets the gun you have to go for it, running away won't help....

When the farang ran away, the cop paused. When the farang looks back at the cop, that's when the cop decides to pursue him. I'm not saying its the farang's fault, the cop is a ********, I just feel like if he ran and didn't look back then he might of been able to get away alive.

Its a sad story.

Well, I am not going to join the hot debate that's going on in this thread, Ha! It is shown that the Thai pursued and shot the farang dead. That's the fact. My only wish would be that the authorities pursue this matter with the energy of the debate here...if they do then perhaps...well we'll have to wait and see. Due to a recent event involving one of my Thai friends and the local police, certainly gives me cause for doubt. I do hope I'm wrong.

When the farang ran away, the cop paused. When the farang looks back at the cop, that's when the cop decides to pursue him. I'm not saying its the farang's fault, the cop is a ********, I just feel like if he ran and didn't look back then he might of been able to get away alive.

Its a sad story.
Yes that's a standout. He slowed down and then turned around as if to say you don't scare me, I'm not to worried when he should have ran to save his life

It’s a crazy world we live in... where only the bad guys have guns.

Anywhere in the World police need to be physically capable on

doing the job. 

MOST important they need the mental capabilities and should be evaluated mentally periodically. Their job is demanding and stressful at times. Some the pressure gets to them and mistakes 

are made.

the situation here should have never got to the point of pulling a weapon...... 

RIP young man 

doing the job. 

MOST important they need the mental capabilities and should be evaluated mentally periodically. Their job is demanding and stressful at times. Some the pressure gets to them and mistakes 

are made.

RIP young man 

Its a sad story.

"Don't Look Back in Anger I Heard Him Say", or in his case, not!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 minutes ago, Terek said:

but who knows what this foreigner did? maybe something bad? I have saw some bad behaving foreigners who should be treated like this

Sure...gun 'em down...

By the way..can I offer you the latest TAT brochure for Thai tourism?

You are sure to be featured in it.

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

My apologies. When mention farangs I was thinking of the civilized ones. Sorry. 

Self-defense is a countermeasure that involves defending the health and well-being of oneself from harm. The use of the right of self-defense as a legal justification for the use of force in times of danger is available in many jurisdictions, but the interpretation varies widely.

Sometimes being civilised doesn't work, as was the case here, unfortunately, so you do what you would do and refrain from criticising me keyboard warrior.

36 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

doing the job. 

are made.

RIP young man 

When you use the word "Police", I am assuming you mean real Police, not keystone cops, like here in the land of smiles that will kill you for basically a couple of months salary or make things happen, e.g. here its the cops word against yours, get the picture ?

8 hours ago, SammyT said:

I can't believe he slowed to a walk only 20 metres after having a gun drawn on him and apparently fired in his direction. If it were me I'd be running faster than Scooby Doo when he sees a skeleton. 

Absolute coward act drawing a gun after a fist fight. Two lives wasted. 

No one life wasted and one Thick <deleted> put away..

16 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Self-defense is a countermeasure that involves defending the health and well-being of oneself from harm. The use of the right of self-defense as a legal justification for the use of force in times of danger is available in many jurisdictions, but the interpretation varies widely.

Sometimes being civilised doesn't work, as was the case here, unfortunately, so you do what you would do and refrain from criticising me keyboard warrior.

You are absolutely wrong. Well being includes also the way of running away. Or not getting into troubles. 

However it works only with people who got enough brain. 

2 hours ago, Finnc99 said:

The problem is looking from the video, there wasn't a chance. What would you have done? Grabbed it from his waistband? The Thai guy seems to be with two other friends, has a gun and is a few feet away from the farang when he shows his gun off - as someone who studies martial arts I don't see where/how you would've got the gun off of him and shot him dead without being shot first.

You’re forgetting TV is full of ex SAS Commanders. They would have had that gun out of his hand at the blink of an eye.........yeah

Archived