Thailand: Islamic Leader to Increase Age for Muslims to Marry

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree Scorecard. If the parents agree. Of course they would. It was probably them who made the offer in the first place. A bit of coin exchanged and no cost of feeding a kid who should still be in school. A 13 year old muslim girl is not going to nightclubs or even a mosque looking for a 40 year old boyfriend.

If the local Imman agrees . Of course he will.

Just now, Naam said:

more imbecilic comments please.

It's all in the main hadith that all Muslim believe in. Oral tradition it may be but so was the Quran. Aisha says this herself that she was engaged at 6 and that her 53 year old husband had sex with her at 9. Where do you think they get their inspiration from?

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, Odysseus123 said:

Really..

You apply this yardstick to 65 year old Caucasian males marrying 18 year old Thai's?

I bet you don't.

Good start for the Muslim cleric.

dude I am still waiting for you too reply to my earlier post....care to defend your self ...I thought not..you are sad sir

5 hours ago, AGLV0121 said:

Seems like all naysayers or haters gathered here.

Muslims are able of good decisions too, you know, and this one seems to have been carefully thought of.

Kudos

Err what good decisions are they. Oh yeah, female circumcision is perfectly acceptable. 

Females are born to follow the will of man as a natural order of things.

Women should wear bags over their heads at all times.

Women should only speak when spoken to..

Children are owned by parents and can be sold if the parents want.

Pre arranged marriage is perfectly acceptable, even if the groom is 40 years older than a 10 year old.

We could all go on and on.

But wait, enlightenment is at hand. Women can drive a car in Saudi as long as they are accompanied.

Such enlightenment, such a progressive religion.

Enlightenment only seems to come to muslims at a mosque. When everyone bangs their head on the ground 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Islamic council bans marriage of children under 17

Unless the parents or the Islamic Council gives permission.  Then pedophile Muslims can marry babies if they wish.  This is sick.

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234

also known as Bukhari Sharif is one of the Kutub al-Sittah (six major hadith collections) of Sunni Islam. These prophetic traditions, or hadith, were collected by the Muslim scholar Muhammad al-Bukhari, after being transmitted orally for generations.

completed in the year 846 (214 years after Mohamed's death) :coffee1:

next!

3 hours ago, ronrat said:

Agree Scorecard. If the parents agree. Of course they would. It was probably them who made the offer in the first place. A bit of coin exchanged and no cost of feeding a kid who should still be in school. A 13 year old muslim girl is not going to nightclubs or even a mosque looking for a 40 year old boyfriend.

If the local Imman agrees . Of course he will.

hmmm... you seem know muslim parents and local imams?

5 hours ago, Naam said:

completed in the year 846 (214 years after Mohamed's death) :coffee1:

next!

Bukhari Sharif by Muhammad Al-Bukhari is considered a primary Islamic source by Muslims and one of the most authentic hadith collections. It's from one of Islam's most respected sources.

14 hours ago, Naam said:

Mohammed was the perfect man and role model.

says who?

The Koran, surah 33 verse 21 states that Mohammed is the pattern of conduct for Muslims:
"The Messenger of God is certainly a good example for those of you who have hope in God and in the Day of Judgement and who remember God very often."
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=33&verse=21

10 hours ago, katana said:

Bukhari Sharif by Muhammad Al-Bukhari is considered a primary Islamic source by Muslims and one of the most authentic hadith collections. It's from one of Islam's most respected sources.

what part of

after being transmitted orally for generations.

is it you don't understand? :huh:

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

There are daily accounts of Thai children being raped , the majority of the perpetrators are not Muslim , that must disturb many of you.

Really? lets have the accounts of these rapes for the past week. Of course Muslims are not the only ones abusing kids but they are the ones with a religion where the founder did it and who they consider the perfect example of how to live.

In the UK over the past few years a Muslim male population of about 2% has been responsible for 87% of child rapes, thousands of Schoolgirls all over the country. There is a link between this and their religion, kafir children are looked on as lower class deserving of rape for being unbelievers. 

6 hours ago, katana said:

The Koran, surah 33 verse 21 states that Mohammed is the pattern of conduct for Muslims:
"The Messenger of God is certainly a good example for those of you who have hope in God and in the Day of Judgement and who remember God very often."
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=33&verse=21

that is correct but a generalisation that can be stretched like a rubber band and misinterpreted by applying to specific details like hundreds of other comments in the Bible and Qr'an.

moreover, there's no evidence that the marriage with Ayesha was consumated when she was age 9.

Al-Tabari’s statement proves no such thing, but simply means that Muhammad married Aisha when she was too young for consummation. It says absolutely nothing about her attaining puberty at the age of nine, or that this was the reason why her parents waited three years. If anything, one can argue that she was physically too young for a grown man to penetrate her and so she had to wait a few more years before she would be able to handle it. More on this later.

Moreover, the hadiths provide further support that Aisha had not reached puberty since they speak of her playing with dolls:

'A'isha reported that she used to PLAY WITH DOLLS in the presence of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and when her playmates came to her they left (the house) because they felt shy of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), whereas Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sent them to her. (Sahih Muslim, Book 031, Number 5981)

https://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/prepubescent2.htm

The reason why Aisha was permitted to play with dolls in front of Muhammad is because she hadn’t attained puberty yet:

17 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

There are daily accounts of Thai children being raped , the majority of the perpetrators are not Muslim , that must disturb many of you.

It truly is disturbing for any child to be made to have sex. There are laws in all civilised countries to prevent adults having sex with children.

The standout in all of this are the muslim countries, where organised paedophilia is arranged by parents of children and condoned and blessed

by those that are leaders and clerics in the muslim religion. Along with all other injustices to women that any civilised person would find horrendous,

this enforced practce of raping young girls is possibly the most sick. Followed by female circumcision. 

Must be something wrong with the morality of muslims to allow this to happen.

Of course, this criticism of muslims is enough to make your average muslim want to strap a vest on and check out the gun lobby sites.

On 12/13/2018 at 4:03 PM, digger70 said:

Well they are a Special Breed, making their own laws ,don't adhere to western laws just read the Quran, one will be almost scared to death.

or  the old testament

Just now, Oxx said:

Who simply follows the Old Testment and lives by its teaching? As far as I know, nobody.  Utterly irrelevant.

It's called deflection, what about the crusades and western historical figures marrying young women (not at six though) are other classics. The problem apologists and Islamic defenders have is that all the damning evidence against it and Mohammed is all there in the Quran and the hadiths. Unless you ignore the facts, make excuses, claim things are taken out of context or deflect, Islam and especially the conduct of the prophet is indefensible.  

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

About bloody time

Exactly.  According to the will of Allah it's OK to have penetrative sex with a girl as soon as she bleeds (i.e. reaches puberty).  That's exactly what Mohammed, the perfect man and role model did with Aisha:  married her when she was six, and only had non-penetrative sex with her until she reached puberty at the age of nine, when he <ducked> her for the first time.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:42 PM, Orton Rd said:

It's called deflection, what about the crusades and western historical figures marrying young women (not at six though) are other classics. The problem apologists and Islamic defenders have is that all the damning evidence against it and Mohammed is all there in the Quran and the hadiths. Unless you ignore the facts, make excuses, claim things are taken out of context or deflect, Islam and especially the conduct of the prophet is indefensible.  

Miles away......................all religions are total ballcocks, apologist eh?huh how wrong u r

Of course my old avatar said "cant understand science? try religion" oh yeah had to remove that as it offended the religious NUTS on TV

On 12/15/2018 at 5:16 PM, Oxx said:

Who simply follows the Old Testment and lives by its teaching? As far as I know, nobody.  Utterly irrelevant.

read the old testament and be scared to death, the point i make is being  "scared to death" not whether anyone  follows it  now.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:16 PM, Oxx said:

There are several religious groups that originated in US such as Jehovahs' Witness and Seventh Day Adventists

that include the old and new testaments into their basic beliefs. These religions are mostly benign, not radical at all.

I suspect that many jews also follow the teachings of the old testament.

The old testament was the basis of the country we now call Israel.

Using that, Israel oppresses the Palestinians. 

But all these religions have a prohibition against sex with a child. As do all civilised countries.

Only Islam condones sex with children and they should be named and shamed for that.

Archived