My experience with retirement extension yesterday

Thanks for the report. I did mine at CW few weeks ago. I might add couple of tips to your op.

Download the TM7 days before. Fill it all in before arriving. Walk straight past the hoards picking up filling in forms. Go straight to counter for L ticket.

My "address map" was just a condo flyer with printed map on back.

As for the reentry permit. I never even bother with it. Not worth the wait. I obtain same at airport when flying out. Again download tm8 have it already to go and process most times takes 5 mins. Oh BTW there is bus #52 from mo chit to CW. 8baht. Then short walk or free shuttle to imm building. Going back best to use taxi

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 2

Just as a thought.

Looking at these waiting times perhaps bringing a book or two, perhaps play a game or 5 on your phone etc may help to pass the time a little better.

Edited by billd766
edited for bad spelling after I had posted it.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Just as a thought.

Looking at these waiting times perhaps bringing a book or two, perhaps play a game or 5 on your phone etc may help to pass the time a little better.

Or heaven forbid have a conversation!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or heaven forbid have a conversation!

But with who?

Apart from my first extension back in 2009 I have always done them on my own. My wife isn't interested in sitting in an Immigration office for a few hours. 

I take my Ebook reader with me and I can have up to 100 books (or more) giving me something to do while I wait.

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But with who?

Apart from my first extension back in 2009 I have always done them on my own. My wife isn't interested in sitting in an Immigration office for a few hours. 

I take my Ebook reader with me and I can have up to 100 books (or more) giving me something to do while I wait.

Lots of English speakers at immigration in Jomtiem yesterday, nice to have a good belly ache together! ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Lots of English speakers at immigration in Jomtiem yesterday, nice to have a good belly ache together! ????

I use Khampaeng Phet Immigration office and it is a 50/50 chance of seeing another farang in there at the same time and I don't think I have ever seen more than 3 at the same time, mostly doing 90 day reports.

• Like 1