No Bail For Bangkok Cop That Shot Frenchman

webfact

No Bail For Bangkok Cop That Shot Frenchman

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__25387023-696x464.jpg

Kantapong Huadsri was being taken to the Criminal Court Wednesday after police inquiry.

BANGKOK — A police officer who shot and killed a French national Wednesday has been charged and jailed after a court denied his release on bail.

Investigators said former Lumpini police Kantapong Huadsri would be held at the Criminal Court for 12 days pending the outcome into an investigation into charges of murder and weapons-related counts in the death of 41-year-old Djamel Malik Ait Kaki, who was killed inside an office building near BTS Nana yesterday morning.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/12/13/no-bail-for-bangkok-cop-that-shot-frenchman/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-13

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

Investigators said former Lumpini police Kantapong Huadsri would be held at the Criminal Court for 12 days

While the 12 day remand is not unusual, being held at the court, rather than going to Bangkok Remand prison is. I can only guess it must be for protection from the many inmates, he probably put in there. The many years ahead are not going to be fun for him for sure.

Why would anyone get bail when they are obviously guilty and heading towards a long stay in jail. This was caught on CCTV, he confessed so the outcome will be jail-time. 

I can understand bail in cases where guilt is not sure or in cases where the jail time is not long and one might have to wait long before a trial. 

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

While the 12 day remand is not unusual, being held at the court, rather than going to Bangkok Remand prison is. I can only guess it must be for protection from the many inmates, he probably put in there. The many years ahead are not going to be fun for him for sure.

Tough.

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

lets hope it's real tough - but of course TIT so very doubtful he will ever be detained other than for the next week or two  until it's all forgotten. 

22 hours ago, sweatalot said:

I am surprised this even needs mentioning

- but wait: TIT

Well I'm surprised that he DIDN'T get bail. Bail always seemed to be automatic in the past even for folks charged with murder.

Let's hope NO BAIL will now be automatic where the person is charged with murder and several other scenarios. 

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Should have got on plane to Singapore, suffering from a mighty bad cold

That always seems to do trick after killing someone!

he'd have to be more sleazy than sneezy to even think of that...

Archived